Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LONDON (Reuters) - A British bus company has apologized to a girl who is led around on a leash by her boyfriend and describes herself as a human pet after one of its drivers threw her off a bus.

Tasha Maltby, 19, told British newspapers she was the "pet" of her 25-year-old fiance Dani Graves.

Pictures showed her dressed in black Gothic-style clothing with silver buckles on a silver chain -- which the driver of a bus from the firm Arriva took exception to.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080123/od_nm/girl_leash1_dc;_ylt=ApcKa9bKFrfgrVG3MxdeKUguQE4F

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please don't bother to read the article in the link. You might see the other side, which includes safety precautions, and forget to be politically correct about the freedom to indulge in perversions in public.

The real issue is the way the bus driver may have spoken to the couple. First, he should have requested that the collar and leash (or whatever kinky paraphenalia) first be removed while on a public converyance.

Maybe even a sign posted stating a bit more about whether some other idiotic apparatus is also unsafe on a bus. If that is not followed, then chuck out the unfortunate clueless.

Now, was that so difficult?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please don't bother to read the article in the link. You might see the other side, which includes safety precautions, and forget to be politically correct about the freedom to indulge in perversions in public.

The real issue is the way the bus driver may have spoken to the couple. First, he should have requested that the collar and leash (or whatever kinky paraphenalia) first be removed while on a public converyance.

Maybe even a sign posted stating a bit more about whether some other idiotic apparatus is also unsafe on a bus. If that is not followed, then chuck out the unfortunate clueless.

Now, was that so difficult?
Oh I get it. So Goths are perverts and idiots right? It sure seems that way from the way you posted it. I guess you'd probably say the same about me or my best friend if we chose to wear our shirts that advertise Heavy Metal bands. :doh: You do realize that it is possible to be a Goth or into Heavy Metal music and still be just as devout and righteous a Christian as you are right?

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh I get it. So Goths are perverts and idiots right? It sure seems that way from the way you posted it. I guess you'd probably say the same about me or my best friend if we chose to wear our shirts that advertise Heavy Metal bands. :doh: You do realize that it is possible to be a Goth or into Heavy Metal music and still be just as devout and righteous a Christian as you are right?

This attack is way out of line. Nothing I said mentioned any of the things that you name. Not one single word of the ones you are accusing me with.

The only subject was the specific article in the OP. That was all.

I simply do not care about the things you mention and defend so hotly. Perhaps you attack me because you have doubts about all that yourself?

You are not angry at me, young lady, you are just mad about anything you choose to resent and jump on to criticize.

You are not the only one to have the rights to like or dislike as you think. Yours is not the only opinion.

You will do much better without the chip on the shoulder. If you want the whole world to accept Goth and Heavy Metal, I suggest you get a better attitude to represent them.

Upvote 0

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

are you goth this week?

Reactions: moonkitty
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QuakerOats

— ♥ — Living in Love — ♥ —
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟18,314.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Greens
I agree, electronic is the way to go these days, you avoid the hoopla this couple went through. lol I think some parents are just afraid they might have to explain it to their kids, which would be funny, actually. Unless they can prove she's wearing it involuntarily, I say, 'why care?'

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree, electronic is the way to go these days, you avoid the hoopla this couple went through. lol I think some parents are just afraid they might have to explain it to their kids, which would be funny, actually. Unless they can prove she's wearing it involuntarily, I say, 'why care?'
LOL

I rewired ours though. It goes off if she gets too close. 8 kids are enough. ^_^

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This attack is way out of line. Nothing I said mentioned any of the things that you name. Not one single word of the ones you are accusing me with.

The only subject was the specific article in the OP. That was all.

I simply do not care about the things you mention and defend so hotly. Perhaps you attack me because you have doubts about all that yourself?

You are not angry at me, young lady, you are just mad about anything you choose to resent and jump on to criticize.

You are not the only one to have the rights to like or dislike as you think. Yours is not the only opinion.

You will do much better without the chip on the shoulder. If you want the whole world to accept Goth and Heavy Metal, I suggest you get a better attitude to represent them.
Ummm I have no doubts about this subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
well they look like that for attention and then sook when they don't get the attention they want. She says she is a human pet anyway, wht is the problem with the driver saying the same. It would be same if I were to tell everyone I am gay (which I am not and I am very happily married) and then when someone else said I was gay and I complain??
What if she was a seeing eye pet?

Upvote 0

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If this is true, then crosses worn around the neck also pose a potential hazzard. If I ever get to drive a bus, I'll demand that everybody take off their crosses for their own safety.

A necklace would break easier than a heavy chain or lead.

I think the bus driver was wrong not matter what. I think it's icky and degrading, but it's not illegal and I say who cares if she wants to wear a leash.

Upvote 0