"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to have really strong faith and trust in God (or maybe I just thought I did) but going through college & different life experiences I had made me extremely disillusioned and I lost my trust. Later on I lost my faith in God's goodness (history of a very bad relationship with my parents) and then reading Zealot by Reza Aslan just kind of was the straw that broke the horse's back. I gave up on going to church (I just couldn't take it anymore after a while) and reading the Bible, but at the time I also realized that I was co-dependent and started reading about that. Co-dependency recovery involved the 12 steps (which is faith-based) and that helped a lot. I started a book of positive quotes which eventually began to include Bible verses and I would read that every night. Then, one day, it just wasn't enough anymore and I started reading the Bible again. Over all that time period, I always would pray, even if it was grudgingly, and looking back, I can now see that God was working in my life the whole time.

Now I'm working on just building a relationship with God and I'm kind of wondering how this works. I know that God's nature is unchanging but He makes us all so different and wants a personal relationship with each one of us. How do we go about building that? I know all the work isn't done on our ends, but what we do is important, so what should I do to strengthen mine, and what do you guys do? How has God worked to heal what is broken in you guys, and what can I do to help that process along for myself? I have a tendency to have more compassion for others and not enough for myself (co-dependence) and that has gotten me into some screwy situations, but focusing on God has helped to lessen that and I want it to continue, I want to be the emotionally sound person that God wants me to be, and I need some pointers on how to keep getting there. Also, when you pray for God's guidance, how do you know that it's God guiding you or that you're hearing God's voice and that it's not something else? Thank you :)

Last edited:

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Wonderful testimony! Thank you for sharing.

I, too, have been through a faith-based 12-step program (Freedom Session) and went on to facilitate for years after that. One of the things that has really helped my faith grow is my involvement with that program. Each year, I choose another character defect to be working on, and focus on growing in that area.

Another thing I do is worship. I cannot carry a tune if my life depended on it, but when I am alone in the car, I will crank up the worship music and sing at the top of my lungs. I will pray on commutes, too. After all, every important relationship requires time together with the one you care about, and so I spend time with Jesus. Spending time is not just about me chatting to him; it's about waiting for him to chat with me, too. Sometimes his chats happen in Bible reading, sometimes as I am waiting on him in a quiet, meditative time.

The first time I heard God speak to me was during a time when I was at my wit's end. He spoke a message I knew to be true from Scripture. When you know his voice the first time, you will always know it when you hear it. But remember there are many ways God will guide, too. God gave us things like intuition, intelligence, and the ability to make decisions based, etc.

In all things, just make sure to turn to Jesus first.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
if you are truly serious about wanting to know God, then you must call to question everything you know about Him that isn't based on what you've learned from the Bible. God IS His Word; everything that He will ever say to you directly through your spirit will be in line with His written word; His word does not change, and God does not change. the more of what you know about what He's already said to you in His word, the more you will be able to recognize His voice - because we have an enemy (that lying devil) that can also speak in a still, small voice if it suits his wicked purposes - the only way to recognize God's voice assuredly is by His confirming written word that He brings to your mind when He speaks - the devil is lousy at this, so you'll be able to tell the difference. the point being, you must approach His word with an open mind. for example, do you know where the term 'gospel' is defined in the Bible? if you don't, then you can't be sure that you know what the Bible's definition of 'gospel' really is; what yo believe is based on what other people have told you that the Bible (God) says, you need to know this for yourself. start with Romans; major on it; read it in several translations; it's the key to understanding the whole Bible. then the letters to the churches, the four accounts of the ministry of Jesus; referring back to the Old Testament along the way. but start with Genesis 1:26; and keep it in mind. :)

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The relationship started when you sought
the Lord for salvation.
The relationship continues to grow as you
hear the Word, accept it, apply it in your life
each day, share the Word with others (witness.)

Your obedience, yielding your will to God,
upholding His Word in your life will maintain
the relationship.

In a nutshell, Micah 6:8b...
>>And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.<<

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful testimony! Thank you for sharing.

I, too, have been through a faith-based 12-step program (Freedom Session) and went on to facilitate for years after that. One of the things that has really helped my faith grow is my involvement with that program. Each year, I choose another character defect to be working on, and focus on growing in that area.

Another thing I do is worship. I cannot carry a tune if my life depended on it, but when I am alone in the car, I will crank up the worship music and sing at the top of my lungs. I will pray on commutes, too. After all, every important relationship requires time together with the one you care about, and so I spend time with Jesus. Spending time is not just about me chatting to him; it's about waiting for him to chat with me, too. Sometimes his chats happen in Bible reading, sometimes as I am waiting on him in a quiet, meditative time.

The first time I heard God speak to me was during a time when I was at my wit's end. He spoke a message I knew to be true from Scripture. When you know his voice the first time, you will always know it when you hear it. But remember there are many ways God will guide, too. God gave us things like intuition, intelligence, and the ability to make decisions based, etc.

In all things, just make sure to turn to Jesus first.

You're welcome! I'm glad that your involvement with the program helped to strengthen your faith. Choosing different character traits to work on each year sounds like a good plan, not too overwhelming as you have the whole year to focus on it.

I've found that worship has been really helpful to me too, especially for lifting me up out of the dumps when I was at my wit's end with not having much hope. It really helped to change things. I'm starting to incorporate prayer more into all of my life, like just in my thoughts. That quiet, meditative time is important... I tend to spend quite a bit of time alone and I feel like I'm in school with God just teaching me things about the times that we're in, what I need to know and do spiritually, etc. It's quite interesting... I feel like I could spend more time being meditative though.

I heard God speak to me very clearly one time and that was a few months ago, right before fully waking up He said "Seek ye first the kingdom of God." He was making a lot of changes at the time in my life and so that's what I did, I started to make that more my priority and I most certainly don't regret it. Other times I think I've heard God speaking but I usually need multiple ways of communication (except for that one time, that was pretty clear) because I worry about being misled by the enemy.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if you are truly serious about wanting to know God, then you must call to question everything you know about Him that isn't based on what you've learned from the Bible. God IS His Word; everything that He will ever say to you directly through your spirit will be in line with His written word; His word does not change, and God does not change. the more of what you know about what He's already said to you in His word, the more you will be able to recognize His voice - because we have an enemy (that lying devil) that can also speak in a still, small voice if it suits his wicked purposes - the only way to recognize God's voice assuredly is by His confirming written word that He brings to your mind when He speaks - the devil is lousy at this, so you'll be able to tell the difference. the point being, you must approach His word with an open mind. for example, do you know where the term 'gospel' is defined in the Bible? if you don't, then you can't be sure that you know what the Bible's definition of 'gospel' really is; what yo believe is based on what other people have told you that the Bible (God) says, you need to know this for yourself. start with Romans; major on it; read it in several translations; it's the key to understanding the whole Bible. then the letters to the churches, the four accounts of the ministry of Jesus; referring back to the Old Testament along the way. but start with Genesis 1:26; and keep it in mind. :)

Yes, I am definitely serious about wanting to know God more and I've been calling a lot into question recently actually. That's helped me to learn more about His character as He is helping me to see who He really is and not just what people say or what I've thought of Him. You're right that everything that God says will be in line with His divinely inspired word, He cannot & will not lie. I've found what has helped me was to start with reading the 4 gospel accounts and just focusing on the words of Jesus. I really wish that more of the New Testament had his exact words in it like Matthew Mark Luke & John do, it just made me thirsty to hear more of what he himself said and did. I know there's Revelations too but, still, just wanted more. So I was led to go back and start reading parts Isaiah and Jeremiah, some of the prophets Jesus would quote and now I'm doing a full read through starting with Isaiah. That's helping me with getting familiar with God's voice and His message, which is consistent in both testaments (turn from sin, repent, turn to God, do righteousness).

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The relationship started when you sought
the Lord for salvation.
The relationship continues to grow as you
hear the Word, accept it, apply it in your life
each day, share the Word with others (witness.)

Your obedience, yielding your will to God,
upholding His Word in your life will maintain
the relationship.

In a nutshell, Micah 6:8b...
>>And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.<<

I love that verse!!! It just sums up the whole of what God wants us to do and it's so simple (not necessarily so much in practice unless with His help). One thing I worry about is sharing the word with others, as in, do I do that enough. The atmosphere we live in (my main environment is school) is like "keep your faith to yourself." No one seems to want to hear it. I started wondering about how I could have any sort of impact (it's not about me though) and talking to a friend helped me see that I could just start mentioning that I go to church & stuff so that way people will know that that connection is open if they ever want to approach me about it. I gauge people's reactions to see how open they are to me mentioning church or my pastor and it's not necessarily been like the info is welcomed. I don't dwell on it, just toss it out there. I pray for everyone too, so I know that's definitely something, and I do share the word when I can. It doesn't seem like much though (doesn't seem to make an effect) but I hope it will and I'm doing what I can.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I want to be the emotionally sound person that God wants me to be, and I need some pointers on how to keep getting there. Also, when you pray for God's guidance, how do you know that it's God guiding you or that you're hearing God's voice and that it's not something else? Thank you :)
I have a question for you to contemplate and pray about . SO in who's view or by who's definition do you want to be
"emotionally sound" that seems like loaded phrase . SO by who's definition of soundness? He doesn't promise us we will appear sound.... we are to be a light.. and a light is intruding into dark places. and dark places don't like to be lit.
Because it was the stable that crucified Jesus and beheaded John and threw Daniel to the lions. tried to burn Shadrache..Meshach and Abendigo ....and crucified all the apostles and hate everyone who even kind of appears to be anything like him or to even in possession one of his values or to be doing what he did to be hated. I mean 'emotionally sound' can mean all but buried and dead too. what is it they call sound? an emotionally stable.. dead zombie slave for the beast is all the worldly care really about.
God promises to help us live LIFE , to FEEL that fervency of life and truth and connections and to the fullness and I can guarantee you it won't look really sound to the all but walking dead ! the whole society is taking happy pills and drugs to not feel anything and feeling nothing is what is considered Normal. I think He calls that dead.
I mean the real question is do you want 'sound" or His LIFE? he only offers LIFE .. His kingdom in your heart means BIG LIFE and it so far has NEVER appeared 'sound ' to anyone.. except Jesus ! and they crucified him.
Matter of fact the world usually try and kill life any form or hump it or something. .
I found that when I want to increase my relationship to him I restart asking him questions and researching what His definitions of words or concepts means .

so if you want His life and you want HIM to offend your darkness
I find asking him boat loads of hard or silly questions, even almost searching and nagging him to know , like a little child does to their dad , knock knock "Dad why" , knock knock " Dad why " tug tug "dad!" I find he answers in crazy ways even like a good mom or dad would or great teacher does to spark our curiosity to ask more or search harder . but I wait aware .. and expect an answer to come someway someday and some question have taken years because he had to change me to even hear or see the answer . I used to list my questions in journals. BUT giving him permission to change and spark and cause to heat and glow, BIG and fervent is what the salvation and or redemption of our inner life is what he offers us . it is not stoned out zombieland and quiet or smooth lazy cheap and shortcuts , he calls that dead. the worldly call that normal or stable.. I call it stabled..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith in Jesus is present and future active, in a sense that he exists spiritually in our hearts, and yet his future-coming physical evidence of himself definitely requires patience, even if there is no internet website daily update of his eternal life activities from heaven, and no exact date and time notification of his
life-transforming (our future-coming genius-intelligent minds and measure-perfect bodies of Christ),
planet-transforming (a new disaster-free paradise Earth)
Second Coming future victory return:.
Every negative circumstance we Christians face, Jesus is definitely taking note of every negative emotional reaction that causes discouragement as Christ's righteousness gives us the authority to allow Christ's supernatural positive fruits in great abundance, most commonly,
peace and joy, to avoid terrorist-like emotions: depression and anxiety that can create an emotional abyss or black hole which leaves little or no positive solid solution, or even coming close to thinking for a solution at all, almost like catching an incurable disease called "solution-less-itis or failure-itis":.
Sometimes I wonder that those who lost their lives in a tragic circumstance such as a terrorist attack, won't have to fight emotional turmoil or terrorism that is depression and anxiety, and that Christ's most advanced construction-safe and free-for-all home accommodation: the kingdom of God with modern design, luxury and material comfort - is just a "sleep death" away, in a sense that there is no frustration with impatience as your mind is in sleep mode during death, and that time is immediately fast-forward to Christ's Second Coming future victory return, since we know from experience that several hours can go by while we are asleep in bed each night:.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I am definitely serious about wanting to know God more and I've been calling a lot into question recently actually. That's helped me to learn more about His character as He is helping me to see who He really is and not just what people say or what I've thought of Him. You're right that everything that God says will be in line with His divinely inspired word, He cannot & will not lie. I've found what has helped me was to start with reading the 4 gospel accounts and just focusing on the words of Jesus. I really wish that more of the New Testament had his exact words in it like Matthew Mark Luke & John do, it just made me thirsty to hear more of what he himself said and did. I know there's Revelations too but, still, just wanted more. So I was led to go back and start reading parts Isaiah and Jeremiah, some of the prophets Jesus would quote and now I'm doing a full read through starting with Isaiah. That's helping me with getting familiar with God's voice and His message, which is consistent in both testaments (turn from sin, repent, turn to God, do righteousness).

do you know that Jesus Himself said that He was 'sent but to the house of Israel' while He walked the earth (Mat 15:24)? you have to notice who He's talking to, who asked Him questions (and what covenant they were under), and remember that He had not yet paid for the sins of the whole world yet from the perspective of the people He ministered to. start with Romans; Paul was sent to the gentiles (non-Israelite, people who weren't trying to obey the law of Moses) (Gal 2:7,8); Romans is the revelation of the gospel; it will help you interpret what Jesus said while He walked the earth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, when you pray for God's guidance, how do you know that it's God guiding you or that you're hearing God's voice and that it's not something else? Thank you :)
I find the last four verses of Romans 11 coupled with the first two verses of chapter 12 very helpful in understanding God's guidance. It starts off with praise-filled recognition of God's greatness contrasted with our lack of understanding; it puts him and us in our proper places. Next it describes our response to this. Finally, given a correct alignment with God and our proper response, it gives us freedom to "test" what his will is. Hope this makes sense. If not, please let me know an I can make another run at it.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a question for you to contemplate and pray about . SO in who's view or by who's definition do you want to be
"emotionally sound" that seems like loaded phrase . SO by who's definition of soundness? He doesn't promise us we will appear sound.... we are to be a light.. and a light is intruding into dark places. and dark places don't like to be lit.
Because it was the stable that crucified Jesus and beheaded John and threw Daniel to the lions. tried to burn Shadrache..Meshach and Abendigo ....and crucified all the apostles and hate everyone who even kind of appears to be anything like him or to even in possession one of his values or to be doing what he did to be hated. I mean 'emotionally sound' can mean all but buried and dead too. what is it they call sound? an emotionally stable.. dead zombie slave for the beast is all the worldly care really about.
God promises to help us live LIFE , to FEEL that fervency of life and truth and connections and to the fullness and I can guarantee you it won't look really sound to the all but walking dead ! the whole society is taking happy pills and drugs to not feel anything and feeling nothing is what is considered Normal. I think He calls that dead.
I mean the real question is do you want 'sound" or His LIFE? he only offers LIFE .. His kingdom in your heart means BIG LIFE and it so far has NEVER appeared 'sound ' to anyone.. except Jesus ! and they crucified him.
Matter of fact the world usually try and kill life any form or hump it or something. .
I found that when I want to increase my relationship to him I restart asking him questions and researching what His definitions of words or concepts means .

so if you want His life and you want HIM to offend your darkness
I find asking him boat loads of hard or silly questions, even almost searching and nagging him to know , like a little child does to their dad , knock knock "Dad why" , knock knock " Dad why " tug tug "dad!" I find he answers in crazy ways even like a good mom or dad would or great teacher does to spark our curiosity to ask more or search harder . but I wait aware .. and expect an answer to come someway someday and some question have taken years because he had to change me to even hear or see the answer . I used to list my questions in journals. BUT giving him permission to change and spark and cause to heat and glow, BIG and fervent is what the salvation and or redemption of our inner life is what he offers us . it is not stoned out zombieland and quiet or smooth lazy cheap and shortcuts , he calls that dead. the worldly call that normal or stable.. I call it stabled..

The Devil seeks to kill, steal, and destroy. God gives life, life = health, health = love, peace, and a sound mind. Why wouldn't God want his creation to be emotionally sound? We can't do His work if we're shut up hiding in our rooms depressed and miserable because the devil has stolen our emotional soundness.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith in Jesus is present and future active, in a sense that he exists spiritually in our hearts, and yet his future-coming physical evidence of himself definitely requires patience, even if there is no internet website daily update of his eternal life activities from heaven, and no exact date and time notification of his
life-transforming (our future-coming genius-intelligent minds and measure-perfect bodies of Christ),
planet-transforming (a new disaster-free paradise Earth)
Second Coming future victory return:.
Every negative circumstance we Christians face, Jesus is definitely taking note of every negative emotional reaction that causes discouragement as Christ's righteousness gives us the authority to allow Christ's supernatural positive fruits in great abundance, most commonly,
peace and joy, to avoid terrorist-like emotions: depression and anxiety that can create an emotional abyss or black hole which leaves little or no positive solid solution, or even coming close to thinking for a solution at all, almost like catching an incurable disease called "solution-less-itis or failure-itis":.
Sometimes I wonder that those who lost their lives in a tragic circumstance such as a terrorist attack, won't have to fight emotional turmoil or terrorism that is depression and anxiety, and that Christ's most advanced construction-safe and free-for-all home accommodation: the kingdom of God with modern design, luxury and material comfort - is just a "sleep death" away, in a sense that there is no frustration with impatience as your mind is in sleep mode during death, and that time is immediately fast-forward to Christ's Second Coming future victory return, since we know from experience that several hours can go by while we are asleep in bed each night:.

I sometimes have a hard time following what you've written, I suspect you're very intellectual, no? But what you're saying, if I follow correctly is that we just need to keep on believing in Him, no? I'm kinda confused...

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do you know that Jesus Himself said that He was 'sent but to the house of Israel' while He walked the earth (Mat 15:24)? you have to notice who He's talking to, who asked Him questions (and what covenant they were under), and remember that He had not yet paid for the sins of the whole world yet from the perspective of the people He ministered to. start with Romans; Paul was sent to the gentiles (non-Israelite, people who weren't trying to obey the law of Moses) (Gal 2:7,8); Romans is the revelation of the gospel; it will help you interpret what Jesus said while He walked the earth

Jesus... got up on a cross and died for me, and you, so yes, I'm very thirsty to hear more of what he's said. I actually ended up reading through most of Revelations a few hours ago and I understood it like I hadn't before. His words are directed at all of us, because we are all sinners who, without his perfect sacrifice, would have no hope. I started asking God to help me understand Jesus and he answered my prayer, led me right back to what Jesus said and did and opened my heart up so I could understand what he did... I can't help but wish I'd lived closer to the time when Jesus himself walked the earth, I can't imagine what his followers must have felt like at that point having actually heard Jesus speak and teach and seen him heal with their own two eyes... what a privilege. Also, Paul's epistles... I find them to be confusing at times, I've mainly avoided them of late. I'd rather steer clear of that which at times confuses me. I'm not missing much. The rest of the Bible says it all. It all holds itself up and corroborates itself.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find the last four verses of Romans 11 coupled with the first two verses of chapter 12 very helpful in understanding God's guidance. It starts off with praise-filled recognition of God's greatness contrasted with our lack of understanding; it puts him and us in our proper places. Next it describes our response to this. Finally, given a correct alignment with God and our proper response, it gives us freedom to "test" what his will is. Hope this makes sense. If not, please let me know an I can make another run at it.

That does make sense, and I like those verses. Also, what's been helping me lately is just trying to keep my focus "up". It's gotten a bit easier with current events, things just remind me to focus on God especially and not let myself get distracted. The distractions are everywhere!!! But they're just that... distractions...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why do you find Pauls words confusing?
jesus paid a personal visit to Paul on the road to damascus.
Pauls letters to the church have been the most valuable on growing as christian and learning just how to love one another as Jesus commands.

Also Johns letters are very straightforward on love.

Paul is someone who was very religious but Jesus changed him completely. I think reading his letters that you start to see someone who is just totally immersed in The love of Jesus and desperate to make that known to all who choose to follow Him.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you find Pauls words confusing?
jesus paid a personal visit to Paul on the road to damascus.
Pauls letters to the church have been the most valuable on growing as christian and learning just how to love one another as Jesus commands.

Also Johns letters are very straightforward on love.

Paul is someone who was very religious but Jesus changed him completely. I think reading his letters that you start to see someone who is just totally immersed in The love of Jesus and desperate to make that known to all who choose to follow Him.

They just seem roundabout at times instead of just clearly stating what he's saying. But I have read through the whole New Testament at other points in my life, this time around I'm just avoiding anything that isn't clear cut. It's been helpful to me to just focus on Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, I read through most of Revelations yesterday and am reading through Acts, but also through Proverbs, and Isaiah as well to get more familiar with God's own voice speaking through his prophets. I like John's letters too, they're clear cut, no nonsense.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They just seem roundabout at times instead of just clearly stating what he's saying. But I have read through the whole New Testament at other points in my life, this time around I'm just avoiding anything that isn't clear cut. It's been helpful to me to just focus on Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, I read through most of Revelations yesterday and am reading through Acts, but also through Proverbs, and Isaiah as well to get more familiar with God's own voice speaking through his prophets. I like John's letters too, they're clear cut, no nonsense.
There's a reason God placed teachers and preachers in the Body of Christ. Make use of them! :)

May I recommend John Piper's sermons on Romans? All his sermons are free for the taking at desiringgod.org.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a reason God placed teachers and preachers in the Body of Christ. Make use of them! :)

May I recommend John Piper's sermons on Romans? All his sermons are free for the taking at desiringgod.org.

Cool, thank you for the resource :)

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool, thank you for the resource :)
It turns out that I've actually visited that site before when I had another question and was looking up internet resources, the link just came up in my browser. I didn't realize before that they had the sermons, it escaped me. Thanks again :)

Upvote 0