1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Perry Stone

Discussion in 'Conservative Christianity' started by Lik3, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Lik3

Lik3 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes I watch him on tv and he seems "legit". But I am not sure if he is a "legit" preacher who truly speaks the word of truth or if he is in error. What do you think about him?

2. CGL1023

CGL1023 citizen of heaven

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I used to watch him and I thought he was deep but he focused on narrow, highly nuanced topics. I heard him say that he was a third (I believe) generation preacher so I don't doubt his ability in the area of bible knowledge.

3. Izdaari

Izdaari Episcopalutheran (TEC/ELCA)

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Lutheran
    Yes, Perry Stone is a very legit preacher, an independent but trinitarian Pentecostal. He's a little too fundamentalist for my taste, but he knows an amazing amount of stuff about OT history and culture, and he fires it off at high speed, which makes him both entertaining and educational.

While he and I disagree on a number of things, I would not say he is "in error". We disagree on things that orthodox Christians may legitimately differ on.

4. Memukan

Memukan Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Seeker
    I have not seen his program for some time. He has had some great topics and I believe he is a born-again believer, but, my problem with Perry Stone is his programs are designed to sell books and cd's about his teachings.

Peace,

Memukan

5. Gentlemantech48

Gentlemantech48 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational