katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

US
American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC)
The American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC) is a membership and certification organization whose mission is to provide spiritually informed and integrated counseling, collaborative community based services, training and education in order to enhance the well being of individuals, families and communities. AAPC, founded in 1963, represents and sets professional practice standards for over 2000 Pastoral Counselors and 75 Pastoral Counseling Centers.

Pastoral counseling is a unique form of counseling which uses spiritual resources as well as psychological understanding for healing and growth. Certified pastoral counselors are licensed mental health professionals who have also had in-depth religious and/or theological education or training. Clinical Services are non-sectarian and respect the spiritual commitments, theological perspectives and religious traditions of those who seek assistance without imposing counselor beliefs onto the client.

Membership in AAPC is open to individuals who embrace its mission and desire to increase their professional capacity to provide spiritually informed and integrated care. For those who wish to be certified one can go to the Membership Manual to view descriptions of the categories of certification and the related requirements. For members, AAPC offers vital continuing education opportunities; encourages networks for professional support and enrichment; facilitates growth and innovation in the profession; and provides both specialized in-service training and supervision in pastoral counseling.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,
banner_thd-degree.jpg

Doctor of Theology in Pastoral Counseling (ThD)

The doctor of theology in pastoral counseling (ThD) prepares persons for the ministry of pastoral counseling at the doctoral level by combining rigorous academic and theological work with supervised clinical practice. The degree is an equivalent of the PhD and is designed for those whose interest in pastoral counseling is primarily professional.

At the end of the ThD program, students will have:

• Advanced understanding of appropriate theological and theoretical concepts.
  • The ability to apply these concepts in pastoral counseling, under qualified supervision, and how to promote professional integration of theory and skills in both pastoral counseling and pastoral guidance.
  • A research project appropriate to the student's professional practice, providing evidence of creative ability to contribute to the aspect of pastoral counseling that is the focus of the research project.
Learn more about the ThD program.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi Razzle...,

All of these references include working with, working in, or being qualified to work with clinical psychology.

All are from different schools.

My Magna/Summa Cume Laude daughter, graduated with a bachelors degree in psychology.

How is it that you are not aware of what psychologists teach about transgender?

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
and we know that no child can be wrong? How do we know that? See, so far all anyone has presented is characteristics that don't identify gender, only our stereotypes based on the society that we live ijn, which makes me wonder if it is more a social problem than a gender problem. In fact, I asked a question about how God who says He doesn't see male or female, can treat someone as female, and I get no response.

Based on the responses I have gotten so far, I am beginning to think this is just a mirage to justify a need for attention, rather than a real issue. Now you all had an opportunity to push me the other way, but to do so means you have to ask questions with misrepresenting them, actually answer question, and offer more than "take my word for it". Currently I am working on my doctorate in pastoral counseling, and if there is no way to identify a true transgender other than "to take their word for it" I'm saying it doesn't really exist. I find it sad though that you all pushed me the opposite direction you want people to go on this issue. Very sad indeed.

Hi,
You are working on ""my Doctorate in Pastoral Counseling"", you say here.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Razzle...,

All of these references include working with, working in, or being qualified to work with clinical psychology.

All are from different schools.

My Magna/Summa Cume Laude daughter, graduated with a bachelors degree in psychology.

How is it that you are not aware of what psycholgists teach about transgender?

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .
as I said, you are not even aware of the program I am in or what it is about, so filling the posts with schools you like isn't helping your case. In fact, you are talking about psychology pastoral counseling programs which is not the area of study I am in. But if you had listened you would have known that and quite frankly I am beyond tired of being misrepresented, not heard and a host of other disturbing trends on this thread...so moving on, thanks for all the advertisements...I'm sure the schools will be thankful for the free advertisements. BTW, congrats to your daughter, you are obviously more proud of her than you are interested in listening to what is being said here.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
and we know that no child can be wrong? How do we know that? See, so far all anyone has presented is characteristics that don't identify gender, only our stereotypes based on the society that we live ijn, which makes me wonder if it is more a social problem than a gender problem. In fact, I asked a question about how God who says He doesn't see male or female, can treat someone as female, and I get no response.

Based on the responses I have gotten so far, I am beginning to think this is just a mirage to justify a need for attention, rather than a real issue. Now you all had an opportunity to push me the other way, but to do so means you have to ask questions with misrepresenting them, actually answer question, and offer more than "take my word for it". Currently I am working on my doctorate in pastoral counseling, and if there is no way to identify a true transgender other than "to take their word for it" I'm saying it doesn't really exist. I find it sad though that you all pushed me the opposite direction you want people to go on this issue. Very sad indeed.

Hi,
Here is the American Psychological Association's view on transgender, with course work to sign up for, if one does not have that information yet.

Transgender Identity Issues in Psychology
Transgender and gender-variant people have a variety of concerns for which they may seek the assistance of psychologists. In addition to the usual problems that may bring any individual to therapy, transgender and gender-variant people often seek professional help in understanding their gender identities and patterns of gender expression and in addressing the complex social and relational issues that are affected by these.

Transgender persons not uncommonly seek medical services to make their bodies more congruent with their gender identities; involvement of mental health professionals is often necessary or desirable in arranging such services. Moreover, many transgender and gender-variant people experience stigmatization and discrimination as a result of living in a gendered culture into which they often do not easily fit. They may not only experience an inner sense of not belonging but also discrimination, harassment, sometimes lethal violence and denial of basic human rights. These issues, too, often bring transgender people into contact with mental health professionals.

From the Introduction to Transgender Issues, Report of the APA Task Force on Gender Identity and Gender Variance

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
Here is the American Psychological Association's view on transgender, with course work to sign up for, if one does not have that information yet.

Transgender Identity Issues in Psychology
Transgender and gender-variant people have a variety of concerns for which they may seek the assistance of psychologists. In addition to the usual problems that may bring any individual to therapy, transgender and gender-variant people often seek professional help in understanding their gender identities and patterns of gender expression and in addressing the complex social and relational issues that are affected by these.

Transgender persons not uncommonly seek medical services to make their bodies more congruent with their gender identities; involvement of mental health professionals is often necessary or desirable in arranging such services. Moreover, many transgender and gender-variant people experience stigmatization and discrimination as a result of living in a gendered culture into which they often do not easily fit. They may not only experience an inner sense of not belonging but also discrimination, harassment, sometimes lethal violence and denial of basic human rights. These issues, too, often bring transgender people into contact with mental health professionals.

From the Introduction to Transgender Issues, Report of the APA Task Force on Gender Identity and Gender Variance

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .
not what I asked for now is it? Like I said, I'm beyond tired at this point of having my comments twisted, manipulated, ignored, and a bunch of other things. If you can answer the questions ask, cool, if not, the right thing to do would be to just admit you can't and move on. Trying to change the question isn't helping your cause....

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
not what I asked for now is it? Like I said, I'm beyond tired at this point of having my comments twisted, manipulated, ignored, and a bunch of other things. If you can answer the questions ask, cool, if not, the right thing to do would be to just admit you can't and move on. Trying to change the question isn't helping your cause....

Hi,

Going for a Doctorate, is about what they are asking for, not what you are asking for.

Which University are you attending to get your Doctorate?

My BSEE was validated by Oregon State University. I graduated in 1969, then went to work for Fairchild Research and Developement in Los Altos California, for my first job out of college.

My first honorary Doctorate was given to me by Ariel Flatt, in essentially a penning moment, like in the movie A beautiful mind.

However, I was a renouned expert in making heavy particle accelerators work correctly, way before that first honorary Doctorate.

I have one or two more honorary Doctorates, these too are all earned, when other Ph.D's failed, and I just did their job, on what they failed on, or on what they published a false answer for.

Oh, yes. I failed once on a proof. I reported in on my 50% correlation, which is a failure. They took over, 12-15 of them, finished my proof, and then nicely treated my hurt feelings. I did not fail on what was going on. I failed on my proof. They didn't, so that to me is a failure.

You are dislaying no signs of understanding, the transgender issue Psychologically nor Theologically, yet both of those are disciplines within your Pastoral Counseling degree that you are applying for.

Romans 13:1-5, what does it say, in regards to Psychology, Government, and God, on the transgender issue?

What does Genesis 1:28 say, on Science, and God's View of Science?

Both of those answers need to be known by anyone in Pastoral Counseling.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Going for a Doctorate, is about what they are asking for, not what you are asking for.

Which University are you attending to get your Doctorate?

My BSEE was validated by Oregon State University. I graduated in 1969, then went to work for Fairchild Research and Developement in Los Altos California, for my first job out of college.

My first honorary Doctorate was given to me by Ariel Flatt, in essentially a penning moment, like in the movie A beautiful mind.

However, I was a renouned expert in making heavy particle accelerators work correctly, way before that first honorary Doctorate.

I have one or two more honorary Doctorates, these too are all earned, when other Ph.D's failed, and I just did their job, on what they failed on, or on what they published a false answer for.

Oh, yes. I failed once on a proof. I reported in on my 50% correlation, which is a failure. They took over, 12-15 of them, finished my proof, and then nicely treated my hurt feelings. I did not fail on what was going on. I failed on my proof. They didn't, so that to me is a failure.

You are dislaying no signs of understanding, the transgender issue Psychologically nor Theologically, yet both of those are disciplines within your Pastoral Counseling degree that you are applying for.

Romans 13:1-5, what does it say, in regards to Psychology, Government, and God, on the transgender issue?

What does Genesis 1:28 say, on Science, and God's View of Science?

Both of those answers need to be known by anyone in Pastoral Counseling.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .
I am happy with my school, with my education and how it applies to the needs I have to move forward in my "career" more of a calling than career, but not sure if anyone here would understand that....then again, since I have to be the only person on this board that doesn't understand anything yet no one responds to what I actually say or the questions I ask, I guess I am doomed to be ignorant for the rest of my life, since I don't currently have time, desire, or money to change the direction God is leading me.

Oh, btw, I already addressed Romans 13 I'm sure you missed it because obviously even though it is a matter of record, I couldn't have addressed it cause I'm just not that smart, right? ;) As to Gen. 1:28 science and scripture has never been an issue for me, so I just addressed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I am happy with my school, with my education and how it applies to the needs I have to move forward in my "career" more of a calling than career, but not sure if anyone here would understand that....then again, since I have to be the only person on this board that doesn't understand anything yet no one responds to what I actually say or the questions I ask, I guess I am doomed to be ignorant for the rest of my life, since I don't currently have time, desire, or money to change the direction God is leading me.

Oh, btw, I already addressed Romans 13 I'm sure you missed it because obviously even though it is a matter of record, I couldn't have addressed it cause I'm just not that smart, right? ;) As to Gen. 1:28 science and scripture has never been an issue for me, so I just addressed it.

Hi,

Which school are you attending for your Doctorate in Pastoral Counseling?

What does Genesis 1:28 mean to us, about doing science and God?

What does Romans 13:1-5 mean, in reationship to God, the Government, and Science on the Transgender issue?

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Which school are you attending for your doctorate n Pastoral Counseling?

What does Genesis 1:28 mean to us, about doing science and God?

What does Romans 13:1-5 mean, in reationship to God, the Government, and Science on the Transgender issue?

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .
why should I answer again, just to be ignored again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
Which school are you attending for your Doctorate in Pastoral Counseling?
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .
see, even in this you didn't listen....I asked why I should say so that I can be ignored again and so instead of answering the question you ask where I am attending, which is personal information that is off topic thus not permitted by forum rules.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
see, even in this you didn't listen....I asked why I should say so that I can be ignored again and so instead of answering the question you ask where I am attending, which is personal information that is off topic thus not permitted by forum rules.

Hi,

Fine. I will take it that you are refusing to answer, possibly on the grounds that it may incriminate you.

Give me then, a school that is equal to your curriculum. That way, you maintain your privacy, and I get to see what the entrance requirements are, and what it takes to graduate.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.