Periph? A partial preterist? God forbid..

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Parousia has made the claim that I am a partial preterist..

You are a partial preterist!

Congratulations! Welcome Aboard!

Id like to give him an audience so we can clarify the importance of determining what a "Partial preterist" is...

Lets see if that holds weight..

What is a partial preterist???

Partial Preterism: Partial preterism holds that most eschatological prophecies, such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrists, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ, were fulfilled either in AD 70 or during the persecution of Christians under the Emperor Nero. I whole heartedly disagree with this statement. The Second coming and the resurrection of the dead, however, have not yet occurred in the partial preterist system.

The only prophecies concerning 70ad that I hold to be fulfilled are these..

Luk 21:6 a fulfilled prophecy. If you need proof, just check temple mt. and let me know if you see a temple, I submit that you will not, and I call that objective proof.
Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
In 70ad, the Jews were dispersed.
To this day, the times of the Gentiles are yet to be fulfilled..

Now, we know that the 2nd temple was destroyed in 70ad. This isnt a preterist point of view, every Christian worth his weight in prophetic discernment understands that this prophecy is fulfilled..

Also, we know that the Jews were led away captive into all nations, again, prophecy fulfilled.. We know this is fulfilled because Jews currently reside in most countries in the world that appropriate free religious practice..
This prophecy is not in contention...

The times of the Gentiles have yet to be fulfilled.

Now, since those are really about the only prophecies I can find to be objectively fulfilled, I would ask the question..

Does observing common knowledge regarding fulfilled objective prophecy make one a preterist?

Well, since Ive shown that two prophecies were indeed fulfilled, one partially, and I reject all claims that Revelation has ever happened before, am I a partial preterist?

Lets review the evidence.
Partial Preterism: Partial preterism holds that most eschatological prophecies, such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrists, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ, were fulfilled either in AD 70 or during the persecution of Christians under the Emperor Nero.
I whole heartedly disagree with this statement.

The Second coming and the resurrection of the dead, however, have not yet occurred in the partial preterist system.
I do however agree with this statement..

Dont get me wrong, I can totally understand why the partial preterists want me in their camp...

And Ill be glad to call myself one if they agree with what I say..

You be the judge....

Id also like to thank Parousia for acknowledging that not all prophecy was fulfilled in 70ad, by quoting it in his signature..

Last edited:

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only prophecies concerning 70ad that I hold to be fulfilled are these..

Luk 21:6 a fulfilled prophecy. If you need proof, just check temple mt. and let me know if you see a temple, I submit that you will not, and I call that objective proof.
Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
In 70ad, the Jews were dispersed.
To this day, the times of the Gentiles are yet to be fulfilled..

How does the above reconcile with this?:

All fulfilled prophecies before the end are in the Bible....

I will back up every prophecy that has been fulfilled with scripture....

70ad is no where in the Bible, nor is 70ad calculable.....

Id also like to thank Parousia for acknowledging that not all prophecy was fulfilled in 70ad, by quoting it in his signature..

My Pleasure. Happy to help :)

Upvote 0