Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think I will make a folder and name it "Be ye a doer of the Word and not a hearer only"

This scripture will be my first one ...

St Matthew 6:1-4 NCV

"Be careful! When you do good things, don’t do them in front of people to be seen by them. If you do that, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

"When you give to the poor, don’t be like the hypocrites. They blow trumpets in the synagogues and on the streets so that people will see them and honor them. I tell you the truth, those hypocrites already have their full reward. So when you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know what you are doing. Your giving should be done in secret. Your Father can see what is done in secret, and he will reward you.

Reactions: Alithis

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi ,i find at times ,due to some things involving others ,it is difficult to do them in secret .. when situations like that arise i find... aaah just get it done lol.

but yeah,,im not sure where the line is at times .. i hear many things "shared" in church about whats going on ..its "shared" in the vEin of encouraging others .. but i don't know .sometimes i get the feeling it is shared in the "vAin" of self back patting . makes me feel awkward .

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
hi ,i find at times ,due to some things involving others ,it is difficult to do them in secret .. when situations like that arise i find... aaah just get it done lol.

but yeah,,im not sure where the line is at times .. i hear many things "shared" in church about whats going on ..its "shared" in the vEin of encouraging others .. but i don't know .sometimes i get the feeling it is shared in the "vAin" of self back patting . makes me feel awkward .
I agree. Often it is difficult to keep "giving" a secret. I've seen a video recently where a couple of guys went into a supermarket with cash and just started paying for people groceries at the checkout counter. It was so cool. They did not make a big deal of it, just stood behind the people in line and when the total rang up laid the cash down and walked away. I was blessed just watching and look forward to the day that I can do that. :) I've picked up the difference before of the person ahead of me when they were having to pull some things out because they did not have the money for it all and that was fun but I'd really love to be able to pay the whole thing.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's the video I mentioned: Warning, you may need tissues :)

thank you for posting that :D i called my wife in to watch it with me and we both needed the tissues lol..

iv seen others but this one is something special.. the fact he doesn't hang around to make a big deal of it .
i love the effect it has ,how peoples faces light up .its also a great reminder how everywhere we go people are hurting or stressed in ways we cant see on the outside .

al also so lovced the way it perpetuated the desire to praise God :oldthumbsup::clap:

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I like that people don't do it in secret and post it on Facebook so more of these people get sponsored.
I think that as much as we can control we should do it in secret, however, in a situation like this, it's impossible. On occasion though, it is inspiring and encouraging to see the possibilities out there that are beyond our little world, going out to reach others whom we may have never had contact with or blessed someone so much but just a little thing like paying for the groceries and then not hanging around to receive any praise :clap:

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that as much as we can control we should do it in secret, however, in a situation like this, it's impossible. On occasion though, it is inspiring and encouraging to see the possibilities out there that are beyond our little world, going out to reach others whom we may have never had contact with or blessed someone so much but just a little thing like paying for the groceries and then not hanging around to receive any praise :clap:
Yes well one man posted that he gives to and knows a good charity organization where they sponsor people in Sri Lanka and just that sunday we had a preaching about giving to such things, but I could never find a good organization, so I was happy he posted it.

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps someone right here on SF/C CF is a lurking provider of gold and silver for the needy.

I would settle for one sincere prayer of faith from any innocent persecuted Christian myself lol

Ya'll do know what a Pentecostal hand shake is, right?

That's when someone shakes the pastors hand with hidden money in his palm and winks.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps someone right here on SF/C CF is a lurking provider of gold and silver for the needy.

I would settle for one sincere prayer of faith from any innocent persecuted Christian myself lol

That's when someone shakes the pastors hand with hidden money in his palm and winks.
nope ..iv been in Pentecostal circles most of my life and iv never heard the term used referring to that

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

I did not know that is what a Pentecostal hand shake was and I grew up in a Pentecostal church :)

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The wink is because they love to give money to show appreciation, but anyone watching won't know.

• How to Give a ?Pentecostal Handshake? in seven simple steps.

1. Pray that the Lord would put the name of someone in your mind that he would like you to bless. (this may be someone that is moving, graduating, going through a difficult time, recovering from an illness, lost a job, etc. Or it may be a traveling minister or missionary that has blessed your life. The possibilities are endless!)

2. Pray about the amount of money you should give to them.

3. Neatly fold a generous amount of cash into a small square.

4. Place the folded bundle into the palm of your right hand.

5.Walk up to the person and greet them.

6. Shake their hand, leaving the bundle in their hand.

7. Look them in the eye and say, ?God bless you!?

Seems rather silly to me to call it this but the generosity and spirit of giving is admirable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums