Pentecost happened where??

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Shavuot is one of the three major festivals which required their attendance in the Temple. At nine in the morning, they would have been gathered along with the crowds of Jews from every country who had come to the feast. So the Temple was filled with a sound of a mighty rushing wind, and the vision of tongues resting on them took place in front of thousands of other people is the way I imagine it happening.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
We had Pentecost today in my parish church! We heard the holy scriptures and sang psalms and we prayed and God was with us and gave the Holy Spirit to us. And we heard how our godly prayer and our life ought to align and when they do then the blessing of God will be given and the Spirit will work his works in and through us. That's where we gathered ... and where the Spirit entered with a sound like a mighty rushing wind and tongues of fire appeared ... well, so it was 1982 years ago and the same Spirit was with us.

Deuteronomy 4:12 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

12 `And Jehovah speaketh unto you out of the midst of the fire; a voice of words ye are hearing and a similitude ye are not seeing, only a voice;

Deuteronomy 4:15-16 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

15 and ye have been very watchful of your souls, for ye have not seen any similitude in the day of Jehovah's speaking unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire,

16 lest ye do corruptly, and have made to you a graven image, a similitude of any figure, a form of male or female --

Romans 1:21-25 King James Version (KJV)

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings visionary & all . Thanks sisters for the H B . The " DAY " of Pentecost for my ,
covers any-other day much like the camel hair curtains contained the blinding Parousia of
our Elohim in The Earthly Temple .

Your OP ; Pentecost happened where??

I'd like to expound a thought by verse . Knowing what you meant , but I have come to view
Scripture as much ' abstract ' as literal . For instances , the idea of being able to view " hell "
from Paradise & vice versa is truly tongue in cheek . Compound that idea with passing water
even a wet finger from Paradise , where there is no need for water into a blazing inferno .
If so many good folks didn't believe this dogma , it would be truly hilarious .
Viewing this parable , how do I know ? The Master our Propitiation taught it openly . As a
abstract example it scores 100 % .
Hallelu-YAH

Acts 2 : 37 And having heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Kĕpha and
the rest of the emissaries, “Men, brothers, what shall we do?”

21“For where your treasure is, there your heart shall be also.

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qs_version=KJV&quicksearch=heart&begin=47&end=73

14For we have become partakers of Messiah if we hold fast the beginning of our trust firm to the end,

15while it is said, “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

16For who, having heard, rebelled? Was it not all who came out of Mitsrayim, led by Mosheh?

17And with whom was He grieved forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?

I submit , " That Day " & every Day since ..... Pentecost happens in the human heart .

Hallelu-YAH .

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Elihoenai, may I make a request? Please stop cutting and pasting from other threads and especially from other threads in other forums and then pasting them in our threads here or starting a thread with them. It is very confusing if not disconcerting.

Thank You

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Greetings visionary & all . Thanks sisters for the H B . The " DAY " of Pentecost for my covers any-other day much like the camel hair curtains contained the blinding Parousia of our Elohim in The Earthly Temple.

Your OP; Pentecost happened where?? I'd like to expound a thought by verse . Knowing what you meant , but I have come to view Scripture as much ' abstract ' as literal . For instances , the idea of being able to view " hell " from Paradise & vice versa is truly tongue in cheek . Compound that idea with passing water even a wet finger from Paradise , where there is no need for water into a blazing inferno . If so many good folks didn't believe this dogma , it would be truly hilarious . Viewing this parable , how do I know ? The Master our Propitiation taught it openly . As a abstract example it scores 100 % . Hallelu-YAH

Acts 2 : And having heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Kĕpha and the rest of the emissaries, “Men, brothers, what shall we do?”

21“For where your treasure is, there your heart shall be also.

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qs_version=KJV&quicksearch=heart&begin=47&end=73

For we have become partakers of Messiah if we hold fast the beginning of our trust firm to the end,while it is said, “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

For who, having heard, rebelled? Was it not all who came out of Mitsrayim, led by Mosheh? And with whom was He grieved forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?

I submit , " That Day " & every Day since ..... Pentecost happens in the human heart .

Hallelu-YAH .
I get what you are saying, and I also get what Lulav is saying. IT has always been about the heart of the matter. But since this thread is about the premise of whether Pentecost happened in the "upper room" or at the Temple.. we are dealing with the literal location of this event.

I tried to clean up your post so it reads cleaner, if you don't mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Elihoenai, may I make a request? Please stop cutting and pasting from other threads and especially from other threads in other forums and then pasting them in our threads here or starting a thread with them. It is very confusing if not disconcerting.

Thank You

OK!

Let us have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV)

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Matthew 10:34-39 King James Version (KJV)

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
OK!

Let us have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV) 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Matthew 10:34-39 King James Version (KJV) 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
This is neither about the time, place or event surrounding Shavuot.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do religious Hebrews keep Shavuot ?
Most of us are hung-up on our Masters words " I make all things new .. " & step-over
" search the Scripture daily to see if these things are so ... "
This is part of the Editors note from Chabad.org
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm&pli=1#inbox/14d92e78d5a94e60

Dear Friend,

We just celebrated Shavuot, when our nation accepted the Torah from G‑d. What do you think they did the morning after Shavuot? Chances are they began studying and parsing the words they heard from G‑d and Moses, searching for nuggets of meaning they could apply to their lives. It’s also likely they shared their insights with each other, helping each and every member of Israel achieve an understanding of G‑d’s blueprint for life. ....... "

Is there any reading this , convinced on a rooftop , would have been where this took place ?
Why would any think our President would take his/her oath of office on a rooftop ?

Our Master said , " I make all things new .. " & because of an event that happened days early
& main stream dogma , put thousands of witnesses on a rooftop ?
Must have been the astrodome .

http://biblehub.com/isr/matthew/19.htm

28And יהושע said to them, “Truly I say to you, when the Son of Aḏam sits on the throne of His esteem, you who have followed Me in the rebirth, shall also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Yisra’ĕl.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
It only makes logical sense if not logistical sense to have the Spirit of G-d go to where his people were being obedient in worship on that day, and there is only one place that could be, the Temple.
That is my logic also. If the Holy Spirit descended anywhere else in the world, would it be as significant, prophetic, and authenticated as it did by coming upon the disciples in the Temple.

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is my logic also. If the Holy Spirit descended anywhere else in the world, would it be as significant, prophetic, and authenticated as it did by coming upon the disciples in the Temple.
Not by my way of thinking but there are plenty of Christians that would argue. Many are under the taught disillusion that the church came into being that day and those that joined were all Gentiles. ;)

They conveniently ignore the word 'added' as well as Peter addressing 'Israelites' more than once in fact.

Last edited:
Upvote 0