Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
MichaelFJF said:
Makes as much sense as blaming it on global warming.

Except for all the credentialed climatologists suggesting just such a causal link. But they don't count, as long as you can find one right-wing think-tank funded study that suggests otherwise, right?

Reactions: Illuminatus
Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
MaryS said:
I just checked one of the Fred Phelps sites (godhatesamerica.com) and was not surprised that their opening article is "Thank God for Katrina".

There is a huge difference between Robertson and Phelps, and also the main reason that Phelps will not get the media attention that Robertson gets:
Besides the obvious hatred of the Phelps cult, they also have very negative views of George Bush, Ronald Reagan, the Pope, Reggie White, etc.

The big difference between Robertson and Phelps is that Robertson is smart enough to only think the things Fred Phelps actually says. He understands where the line is between buffoonery and insanity.

Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Jonathan David said:
You must be a Packers fan to have put this list together :D

HUH? All I did was read some of the articles at godhatesamerica.com to get that list. The articles titled "Reagan in Hell" and "Reggie White in Hell" were obvious, and other articles that referred to Bush as the "Pervert-in-Chief" ....

And just FYI, I was a Packers fan when I lived in Wisconsin. Vince Lombardi made the Packers into a winning team and he was truly an inspiration.
Let's hope the Pack will be back!

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
MaryS said:
HUH? All I did was read some of the articles at godhatesamerica.com to get that list. The articles titled "Reagan in Hell" and "Reggie White in Hell" were obvious, and other articles that referred to Bush as the "Pervert-in-Chief" ....

And just FYI, I was a Packers fan when I lived in Wisconsin. Vince Lombardi made the Packers into a winning team and he was truly an inspiration.
Let's hope the Pack will be back!
Sports bring us together. *tear

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
theeyesoftammyfaye said:
he loves getting money.

hey, who doesn't? You know you get all excited when you get a card from Granny...all that hype about opening up the card and getting that crisp $10 bill.

If anyone would like my address to send money, I would not mind. Thanks for the idea.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ChrisB803

Sep 6, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Visit site
✟8,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think the only difference between what Pat Robertson says and what a lot of Christians say is that he has a public forum from which to say it. There aren't many good Christians who haven't said privately that some of this nation's tragedies are part of a greater judgement we're bringing on ourselves. Whether or not that's true is up for debate, but let's not throw stones at the man for not bowing down to politically correct 'rules'. He states his mind, and whether he's right or wrong is for us to debate, but his right to say it is not.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If this is true, I'm :sick:

If someone made this up just for "laughs", I'm :sick:

Stop it people (not directed at any posters at CF, but the one's that come up with it and distribute it.). Katrina victims/survivors are NOT the butt of your jokes!!!

Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
s_gunter said:
If this is true, I'm :sick:

If someone made this up just for "laughs", I'm :sick:

Stop it people (not directed at any posters at CF, but the one's that come up with it and distribute it.). Katrina victims/survivors are NOT the butt of your jokes!!!

No, it's not true. Robertson didn't say it and the datelinehollywood that was used as a source for this thread is recognized as SATIRE.

Someone already posted the link from snopes which said the story was FALSE:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/katrina/robertson.asp

Upvote 0

neverforsaken

Proud American now and always
Jan 18, 2005
Hawaii
✟3,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
if you could only see me now. im holding the bridge of my nose like as if i have a migrane. im a christian, and a conservative and i think pat is nuts. im starting to wonder if he smokes the whacky weed, cuz i cant figure out where he gets this stuff. a preacher putting words into Gods mouth is asking for trouble.

Reactions: loribee59
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And something else that is true: people seem like they have nothing better to do than judge other people. I am using a verse a lot that should NOT be used as much as it is...
So which is better, to have a Christian outright saying his sin (as the propaganda site made him to say) or doing things in private. A sin is a sin...
And whoever is blameless, step forward, and pick up a stone.

Reactions: crossrunner
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, I didn't see the Snopes link earlier in this thread,as for what Pat Robertson SUPPOSEDLY did really say,I would say AMEN & AMEN! But the way all our media lies and twists things,we actually should never believe or repeat ANY quote unless we have heard it with our own ears!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.