Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Pat Robertson on Sunday said that Hurricane Katrina was God’s way of expressing its anger at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for its selection of Ellen Degeneres to host this year’s Emmy Awards. “By choosing an avowed lesbian for this national event, these Hollywood elites have clearly invited God’s wrath,” Robertson said on “The 700 Club” on Sunday. “Is it any surprise that the Almighty chose to strike at Miss Degeneres’ hometown?”
http://datelinehollywood.com/archiv...ane-on-choice-of-ellen-deneres-to-host-emmys/

C'mon...
findingnemo_dory_240.jpg

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't have been surprised that he would say something this outrageous, but my first question was that it said on Sunday. The 700 club runs Monday-Friday, and new shows aren't filmed on the weekend to the best of my knowledge.

Upvote 0

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Scribbler said:
Oh, for pete's sake. Do you people check the stories you post?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/katrina/robertson.asp

from the snopes article you linked:
snopes said:
The satirical premise expressed in the original piece, that Mr. Robertson might make a connection between homosexuality and hurricanes, doesn't even require stretching the truth. During a 6 August 1998 broadcast of The 700 Club, Mr. Robertson addressed comments at participants of the Orlando, Florida, Gay Pride Festival, stating: "I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you."

well he may not have made this ellen degeneres comment, but he is a first-class idiot.

but please, everyone, feel free to send him your money. he loves getting money.

Upvote 0

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
MichaelFJF said:
Backpedal much?

what do you mean backpedal? i didn't say anything about him in this thread prior to my comment above. i didn't post the OP, i didn't respond to it before it was rebutted, etc. i was just pointing out that pat roberston is, in fact, an idiot (even tho he may not have said what was claimed in this particular instance.) so how am i backpedaling?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heiroglyph

Jan 6, 2005
✟7,492.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pat Robertson is a great Christian leader. Don't be so quick to cast stones at every little flub he has committed because you have done plenty of your own.
This story is false please change the topic post before more people are mislead. Yes I agree that people should pray for Pat Robertson. Just like you should pray for your own pastor and for your family and for our President. Even people who seem to be pillars need prayers.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Croc said:
Pat Robertson is a great Christian leader. Don't be so quick to cast stones at every little flub he has committed because you have done plenty of your own.
This story is false please delete this thread before more people are mislead.

Pat Robertson is a great Christian leader? :confused: :scratch: Are you sure about that? I mean, I respect your opinion but my opinion is that he is one of the most miserable "Christian leaders" in existence.

Oh and it was pretty early on in the thread that the snopes article was linked to so if you've made it this far in the thread, you should already be aware of the falsity of the story.

Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I just checked one of the Fred Phelps sites (godhatesamerica.com) and was not surprised that their opening article is "Thank God for Katrina".

There is a huge difference between Robertson and Phelps, and also the main reason that Phelps will not get the media attention that Robertson gets:
Besides the obvious hatred of the Phelps cult, they also have very negative views of George Bush, Ronald Reagan, the Pope, Reggie White, etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.