Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How do you minister to a family that has just lost its oldest son to an auto accident? He was not a religious type. That family is well aware of what you believe about hell. How can you comfort them? What beliefs of yours brings help? What can you possibly say?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you minister to a family that has just lost its oldest son to an auto accident? He was not a religious type. That family is well aware of what you believe about hell. How can you comfort them? What beliefs of yours brings help? What can you possibly say?

Jesus was not fond of religious types either.
My brother never attended church and killed himself.
Did God contact him or did my brother reach out to God before he died?
I have no way to know. I do know that God does reach out to the lost.

Isaiah 43:25-26
25 “I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more. 26 Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence.

Daniel 9:9
9 The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;

Ephes 4:32
And become good toward each other, compassionate, forgiving each other, even as also God in Christ forgave us.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

"Your son may not be in the Heaven now, but he is not in the Hell either".

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never heard anything else than (paraphrased): God is the judge and is the only one who knows. He is Good and trustworthy. Two things we do know: your son had a choice, and those alive still have a choice. Trust God.

I pray I never have to do it myself.

Upvote 0