Pastor supporting Trayvon Martin defends church sign calling Zimmerman jury racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry but I'm from the Bronx my family is from Jamaica one of the worst parts. I have been to the garrisons in Jamaica and I have been to ghetto in the bronx. When I walk at night I'm looking around I am aware and I am on my toes, he knew someone was following him. Have you ever been robbed on the street as you walked before? Have you ever knew someone that got shot during a robbery as they walked home?

I was mugged on my way home from church.

There was a guy two houses down from us who was shot while we sat in our living room watching sesame street.

Are we gonna have a contest about whose 'hood is the roughest? Cuz that really wasn't my point whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Does he ever get to the root of the problem? The violent rap music that these kids listen to, or how over 70% of black children born out of wedlock? Without a father around to raise them.

Or is he just gonna make it a "it's whitey's fault" problem?

Or is he going to demand money from the government? No amount of money can fix broken families. The problem of black on black or black on anyone violence will be fixed when families get fixed. otherwise, we can just keep pouring in billions of more dollars into these schools and wonder why nothing changes.

By the way, remember that Chicago, being the murder capital of America last year, has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Putting a sign that says "No guns allowed" won't do you any good. Criminals don't follow laws.
So you never heard Al Sharpton attack rap music?

Al Sharpton on violent rap

What are you talking about you are so far off based you just listen to the media and see they never look at anything other the Al Sharpton debating injustice towards blacks by whites. They never look at Al Sharpton and the other movement he is behind or is backing.

What are you talking about dude?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
So what now? Is it open season on young black men walking down a street? That's what I am afraid of. One guy got away with it - so now, that precedent has been set .. if you see a young black man walking down the street .. you can follow and shoot him. If I were a black mother, I would be locking my sons into their rooms and not let them out until they looked like Morgan Freeman - because he's 'safe' isn't he, Morgan? Or if he walked down the street, looking around, would someone shoot him too?

As for looking around when it's raining? LOL. I look around alllllllllll the time. Rain, sun, snow, sleet. What the heck is wrong with looking around?

Yeah, lock up your sons ..

Trayvon got shot because he was assaulting Zimmerman, not because he was black.

So you just like to hang out in the rain then, in February? I guess every rule has an exception. :doh:

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Target quits with Paula Deen over her use of a word over 20 years ago.

Still stocks Dead Prez CDs, though.
Oh come on. You KNOW - and if you don't you should be ashamed you don't know - that Deen is being prosecuted about an ongoing situation. It wasn't one time she said one bad word. It is the ongoing pattern of racism and sexism in hers and her brother's organizations. Did you not bother to read about any of that? Did you read her own words about the plantation wedding? That was not 20 years ago. This stuff has been happening this year.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Trayvon got shot because he was assaulting Zimmerman, not because he was black.

So you just like to hang out in the rain then, in February? I guess every rule has an exception. :doh:
Is there a rule about not walking in the rain? Nobody told me that rule I guess.

The kid didn't have a car. Should he fly?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was mugged on my way home from church.

There was a guy two houses down from us who was shot while we sat in our living room watching sesame street.

Are we gonna have a contest about whose 'hood is the roughest? Cuz that really wasn't my point whatsoever.

My "hood"(garrison, ghetto) wins my family is from 3 west, greater portmoore, gangsta city....I've spent two years of my life living there and it changes the way you walk in this world.

Do you still walk around like you live in the suburbs or does that affect how you walk at night? Do you walk whistling some David Allen Coe??

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Oh come on. You KNOW - and if you don't you should be ashamed you don't know - that Deen is being prosecuted about an ongoing situation. It wasn't one time she said one bad word. It is the ongoing pattern of racism and sexism in hers and her brother's organizations. Did you not bother to read about any of that? Did you read her own words about the plantation wedding? That was not 20 years ago. This stuff has been happening this year.

But the catalyst was the word she said years ago.

And my point still stands. Target is hypocritical. There are some who say Paula Deen was past her prime and that just might be true. Good time for Target to sever ties with her and use her "Racism" as an excuse.

But don't pull the CDs with that word or racist lyrics or songs that talk about killing white folk, cuz those make money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But the catalyst was the word she said years ago.

And my point still stands. Target is hypocritical. There are some who say Paula Deen was past her prime and that just might be true. Good time for Target to sever ties with her and use her "Racism" as an excuse.

But don't pull the CDs with that word or racist lyrics or songs that talk about killing white folk, cuz those make money.
IDC about catalysts. That has nothing to do with her prosecution and I am so sick of people who haven't bothered to read the full story and just keep repeating "all she did was say one word 20 years ago .." It's not true.

IDC about Target. IDC about Paula Deen either. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Target quits with Paula Deen over her use of a word over 20 years ago.

Still stocks Dead Prez CDs, though.

So? Paula Deen was a role-model for chefs and cooks. She had her own shows on a national cable network that is watched by all races of America. She is held to a higher standard than a rapper, whose animated persona are categorically exaggerated fantasies. Comparing rappers to nationally recognized chefs is ridiculous.

Paula Deen's brand brings in money from all demographics; her target audience is all demographics. So, when she uses offensive words as such an influential figure, it puts her employers in bad business positions. She is a white woman, and has no business using a word that is a byword to 35,000,000+ people in the States. Sure, there is freedom of speech, but what people forget is that freedom of speech still has consequences. The consequence of her using an ignorant and bigoted word was a loss of job and endorsements. It happens all the time to public figures for far less than using the N-word.

Now, Dead Prez is a duo of black men. Black people using a word that means so much pain in their history is their business. I don't agree with using such words, but I understand how and why black people use it in the way they do. It is about marginalizing its painful power by making it a cliche. It is the same principle behind women calling each other "female dogs." The female dog word, when said by a male or someone with malicious intentions is hurtful. Calling friends and acquaintances "female dogs" as a woman marginalizes its power. Another example would be homosexual men calling each other "queens" or "the word for a cigarette in the UK."

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My "hood"(garrison, ghetto) wins my family is from 3 west, greater portmoore, gangsta city....I've spent two years of my life living there and it changes the way you walk in this world.

Do you still walk around like you live in the suburbs or does that affect how you walk at night? Do you walk whistling some David Allen Coe??

I am still jaded from my time in Detroit. I live in rural Minnesota now. I still lock all my doors and close my windows at night. I'm suspicious of kids walking down the street at night. I'm getting better, but I think living in Detroit will stick with me forever.

IDC about catalysts. That has nothing to do with her prosecution and I am so sick of people who haven't bothered to read the full story and just keep repeating "all she did was say one word 20 years ago .." It's not true.

IDC about Target. IDC about Paula Deen either. :shrug:

You should, since you're so up in arms about racism. I used Target because they're a mainstream shopping entity who cries foul at Paula Deen but has no issues with rap lyrics being racist. You don't think that affects how others see racism in the world?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
So? Paula Deen was a role-model for chefs and cooks. She had her own shows on a national cable network that is watched by all races of America. She is held to a higher standard than a rapper, whose animated persona are categorically exaggerated fantasies. Comparing rappers to nationally recognized chefs is ridiculous.

Paula Deen's brand brings in money from all demographics; her target audience is all demographics. So, when she uses offensive words as such an influential figure, it puts her employers in bad business positions. She is a white woman, and has no business using a word that is a byword to 35,000,000+ people in the States. Sure, there is freedom of speech, but what people forget is that freedom of speech still has consequences. The consequence of her using an ignorant and bigoted word was a loss of job and endorsements. It happens all the time to public figures for far less than using the N-word.

Now, Dead Prez is a duo of black men. Black people using a word that means so much pain in their history is their business. I don't agree with using such words, but I understand how and why black people use it in the way they do. It is about marginalizing its painful power by making it a cliche. It is the same principle behind women calling each other "female dogs." The female dog word, when said by a male or someone with malicious intentions is hurtful. Calling friends and acquaintances "female dogs" as a woman marginalizes its power. Another example would be homosexual men calling each other "queens" or "the word for a cigarette in the UK."

Oh, so it's wrong to say that word that is SO offensive to black people UNLESS you're a black person!

How about lyrics that talk about killing white people? Or just killing in general? Are those okay too if you're black?

What a load of crap. And people wonder why we can't have a discussion about race in this country. :doh:

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am still jaded from my time in Detroit. I live in rural Minnesota now. I still lock all my doors and close my windows at night. I'm suspicious of kids walking down the street at night. I'm getting better, but I think living in Detroit will stick with me forever.

You should, since you're so up in arms about racism. I used Target because they're a mainstream shopping entity who cries foul at Paula Deen but has no issues with rap lyrics being racist. You don't think that affects how others see racism in the world?

I still live in the bronx the reason I do not move is because I'd rather my child live around his people so I can ensure his survival. I found a beautiful 300k home that I would love to buy but do I? Do I risk him being a suspect or do I raise him in the same area I was?

So if you were walking at night time who would you fear more George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin? Do you know why the police identify themselves?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, so it's wrong to say that word that is SO offensive to black people UNLESS you're a black person!

How about lyrics that talk about killing white people? Or just killing in general? Are those okay too if you're black?

What a load of crap. And people wonder why we can't have a discussion about race in this country. :doh:

At the end of the day we were the ones called the N word, whites called us the N word to make us feel inferior. I have never seen two fat people mad at each other for calling each other fat.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.