Pastor supporting Trayvon Martin defends church sign calling Zimmerman jury racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What does that have to do with a pastor using his position to make what is likely a false statement? If I were an elder at this church I'd tell him to take that down or face discipline.

Let's face it. there are some people in this country with some very scary thoughts floating around there head, both on the extreme right and the extreme left.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I have. It's the reason I divorced my first husband, and the reason why my life was a living hell for years after it. I DO know what I would do in that situation because I've been in it. I came home with my son to grab some of our things after filing for divorce to find my husband smashing our son's first birthday cake to smithereens. He tried to bar us from leaving the apartment, threatening to kill both me and our son. The phone rang, which startled him, and I grabbed my son and ran out of the door. I had a gun in my car, too. Guess what I didn't do?

I DO know what I would do in that situation, and it is NOT to run out and get a gun and shoot at the guy when my kids are in the room. Right, it wasn't the perfect response, it was the dumbest response. If she was able to go to her car and go back in the house, she was able to get her kid and just LEAVE.

You have no idea why Zimmerman chose to follow Trayvon, other than he was acting suspicious. For all you know, Zimmerman didn't even know he was black right off the bat.

Where you cultivate racism, it will continue to grow and fester.
That doesn't change the law in florida.

Upvote 0
O

OathKeeper99

Generally men were/are the ones who raped people. But, women can rape people also (men and women.) A biblical example of attempted rape of a man by a woman would be the incident between Joseph as a slave, and the Potiphar's wife. During slavery, black women and men were raped by men and women.

Why are you winking?
How do you jump from Joseph as his Master's most trusted servant to "During slavery, black women and men were raped by men and women."

What is your point? And don't think I'm winking. :D

Upvote 0
O

OathKeeper99

Yes, I have. It's the reason I divorced my first husband, and the reason why my life was a living hell for years after it. I DO know what I would do in that situation because I've been in it. I came home with my son to grab some of our things after filing for divorce to find my husband smashing our son's first birthday cake to smithereens. He tried to bar us from leaving the apartment, threatening to kill both me and our son. The phone rang, which startled him, and I grabbed my son and ran out of the door. I had a gun in my car, too. Guess what I didn't do?

Upon what grounds did you divorce your husband? All the details, please don't...:D

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do to statistics, there are more young black men falling into crime, statistically as a race.

There are murders of black and white kids everyday and Trayvon, who attacked someone is given all the attention.

I really wish somehow Sabrina Fulton could watch Pastor Mannings video, he is correct in saying that Sabrina Fulton has the nation at her so called 'fingertips' and she could go down in history if she only chooses to do what is right.

I hope she doesn't waste this moment of time. :wave:

I don't know how true that is statistics are very funny you know that?

Well if you believe this you probably believe there are more black men in jail then in college if you believe that you probably are racist and maybe not even on purpose.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You have statistics for that? I live in 2013 and am aware of the FBI statistics. I also believe you would be shocked. :)
I don't see what that has to do with anything do you stats are very flawed.

Upvote 0
O

OathKeeper99

I don't know how true that is statistics are very funny you know that?

Well if you believe this you probably believe there are more black men in jail then in college if you believe that you probably are racist and maybe not even on purpose.
What does a commie marxist lie perpetrated by the likes of Jesse Jackson about 'more black men in jail than in Yale' have to do with Sabrina Fulton's moment in history?

You didn't watch the video....

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't change the law in florida.

The law is stupid. Usually anything that doesn't allow for leeway for the judge is stupid. But it's not racist.

Upon what grounds did you divorce your husband? All the details, please don't...:D

Abandonment and infidelity. :cool: Not a pleasant time in my life, but boy did I sure learn about me and my strength. And it didn't take me firing warning shots at him, either. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You said black people take care of each other.

You're right, they do, just not in the way you were trying to imply.

You get all up in arms over a hispanic killing a black kid but you ignore the multitude of deaths your own race causes.

Again you are so wrong....How many pastors are working in Chicago, how many people are putting programs and working in chicago. How many programs are there in the bronx one in that I started. There are a great deal of black men and women that are fighting the fight for our people.

The big difference is you kill a black "kid"(shows lack of compassion that was someones baby someones child he wasn't just a black kid he was a human being) and you are black the police probably won't even look for you maybe they will maybe they won't you kill a white person they certainly will.

Let's be realistic if a white child is kidnapped(I said child because my heart goes out for children black and white) there is more chance of national concern then when it is a white child.

The white communities lack of concern for a black child doesn't shock me, but the funny thing is when they turn around and ask "why don't you like us."

The fact that you are a preachers wife is the reason why so many black men raised in the church shy from it. It's attitudes like this the black is wrong and the closer to white is right.

Preachers wife remember
“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea."

"Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

"Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite."

And I am not saying you but I am saying in general those that feel Trayvon Martin was another typical black thug careful because finish reading numbers 12 and the bible tells us that God doesn't change.

Upvote 0

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
thug culture needs to be put out, as well as war on drugs. Those things pretty much destroyed black communities across the board post 1970. Because of these difficult issues, black communities do face racial bias. I am not about to blame police for having these racial bias because killings are just too many and police departments are corrupt and incompetent as heck in these communities... and I am not about to blame whites or whatever privileged class these race baiters like to raise. You can be poor, but you don't have to turn to crime. Unfortunately, they do. Best thing to do here is legalize ALL DRUGS--including hard drugs--and put it in the hands of professionals since national addiction rate across the countries are roughly 5-10%. That rate hasn't change for any countries. no one should be blamed for anything or feel guilty into feeling shamed because they have more than others. We are all in the same boat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Someone asked if the sign suggests that it ok to rape a black woman, to which I replied:

In a lot of people's minds: absolutely. In your mind, maybe not.

They certainly thought it was OK between 1660 - 1880 in the colonies/states, and I have heard scores of people justify not only rape, but murder and beating of minority women - especially black women. So, while I understand your Platonic attempt to point out possible logical flaws in the pictures, it really isn't far-fetched at all even in 2013 America.

And, though the comment wasn't toward you, you asked this question:

Who is they? Men? ;)

Now, naturally one would infer that a rapist is male, especially given context. But, I did not assume you were making that inference, so I answered you with

Generally men were/are the ones who raped people. But, women can rape people also (men and women.) A biblical example of attempted rape of a man by a woman would be the incident between Joseph as a slave, and the Potiphar's wife. During slavery, black women and men were raped by men and women.

Why are you winking?

Now, I made my commentary on rape in direction to your question - since the original point was directed toward someone else anyway. And, I gave a neighborhood/biblical example of how rape can, and has happened between even a woman attempting to rape a man. Like I said, you asked if the rapists were men, and I did not assume you realize rape can be done by both men and women. But yet, the point was still lost on you because you replied

How do you jump from Joseph as his Master's most trusted servant to "During slavery, black women and men were raped by men and women."

What is your point? And don't think I'm winking. :D

Now, I just explained how I "jumped from Joseph...to slavery." It was a local analogy. I could have given examples of men raped by women and/or men in this age, but I figured giving an example of this from a very long time ago would highlight how long these types of sexual assaults have happened. And, I have explicitly stated my point to bhstme; the exchange was originally between us. So, if you didn't get the point, perhaps you should have reflected on what bhstme and I were talking about before chiming into the exchange in the first place.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The fact that you are a preachers wife is the reason why so many black men raised in the church shy from it. It's attitudes like this the black is wrong and the closer to white is right.

This was totally uncalled for. I am not the reason your black brothers are leaving the church.

Nor have I exhibited this "white is right" nonsense you're talking about.

It's obvious that you aren't really reading my posts. There is no sense in me wasting more time talking to you.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I DO know what I would do in that situation, and it is NOT to run out and get a gun and shoot at the guy when my kids are in the room. Right, it wasn't the perfect response, it was the dumbest response. If she was able to go to her car and go back in the house, she was able to get her kid and just LEAVE.

You have no idea why Zimmerman chose to follow Trayvon, other than he was acting suspicious. For all you know, Zimmerman didn't even know he was black right off the bat.

Where you cultivate racism, it will continue to grow and fester.
I know exactly why Zimmerman chose to follow Trayvon. He said it on the tape. He said that he was following him because he was sick of these guys getting away with it. Trayvon was already a criminal in Zimmerman's sick, vigilante mind.

What you did isn't what everyone would do. She had more than one kid, and why should SHE leave? He was in HER space. Why wasn't SHE allowed to stand her ground? She had recently had a baby so, right, under threat form her abusive estranged husband she was to calmly go around and get this child and that child, and get her baby, and then just walk right on out to go .. wherever you go with two little kids and a baby in your arms. And he was going to let her do that. Right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tell that pastor I said, go home pastor, you're drunk.

By the way, we all know that if Zimmerman was black, no one would care. Since Trayvon was killed, there's been thousands black guys killed by other black guys. Where is Al Sharpton whwn those men are killed? You want to talk about racism? Then talk about all the racism in the "black community".

By the way, remember all the white people who rioted after OJ Simpson's trial?....... Ya, me neither. Which group is really the racist one here? This pastor really needs to re read Exodus 22.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by PreachersWife2004
Yes, I have. It's the reason I divorced my first husband, and the reason why my life was a living hell for years after it. I DO know what I would do in that situation because I've been in it. I came home with my son to grab some of our things after filing for divorce to find my husband smashing our son's first birthday cake to smithereens. He tried to bar us from leaving the apartment, threatening to kill both me and our son. The phone rang, which startled him, and I grabbed my son and ran out of the door. I had a gun in my car, too. Guess what I didn't do?​

What the ..? How creepy is that? You laugh at her description of any abusive husband? What is wrong with you?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
thug culture needs to be put out, as well as war on drugs. Those things pretty much destroyed black communities across the board post 1970.

What thug culture we have more black men in college then ever, black women are doing well.......what are you talking about.

Oh you mean the american culture of violence that promotes mass murders, the highest rates of depression and mental illness in the world, poorly educated and uncreative citizens.

The black community is doing good for the most part. Our HBCU's are growing and improving, we are starting to build our own professional communities.........what are you talking about?

Upvote 0
O

OathKeeper99

Someone asked if the sign suggests that it ok to rape a black woman, to which I replied:

And, though the comment wasn't toward you, you asked this question:

Now, naturally one would infer that a rapist is male, especially given context. But, I did not assume you were making that inference, so I answered you with

Now, I made my commentary on rape in direction to your question - since the original point was directed toward someone else anyway. And, I gave a neighborhood example of how rape can, and has happened between even a woman attempting to rape a man. Like I said, you asked if the rapists were men, and I did not assume you realize rape can be done by both men and women. But yet, the point was still lost on you because you replied

Now, I just explained how I "jumped from Joseph...to slavery." It was a local analogy. I could have given examples of men raped by women and/or men in this age, but I figured giving an example of this from a very long time ago would highlight how long these types of sexual assaults have happened. And, I have explicitly stated my point to bhstme; the exchange was originally between us. So, if you didn't get the point, perhaps you should have reflected on what bhstme and I were talking about before chiming into the exchange in the first place.
Oh, yes. But ...

Joseph denied his master's wife. There were false allegations and punishment for sure.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.