Paraphrase bibles (The Message, Living bible, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read the ESV, but lately I have heard others talking about The Full Life Study Bible, KJV, and as I search for this Bible I have found it hard to get and is a collectors item. Why is this so? The last source I found was a perfect, mint condtion still in it's plastic cover for $100US plus. Interesting.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.
Hmm, I think I just found the answer for you. :clap:

"The Full Life Study Bible" is the old title. The new edition of it is titled "Life in the Spirit" Study Bible. It's available in KJV and NIV, and is much less expensive.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?within=action%253DSearch%2526event%253DEBRN&Ntk=keywords&Ntt=Full+Life+Study+Bible&action=Search&N=0&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

I just might have to get one of those myself... but as I don't care for the KJV, I'd have to go with the NIV.

Either that, or Jack Hayford's New Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible in NKJV. I'm not sure which, they both look really good, and both have great reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Mate, you have read so much into it, and have missed the very point that I have been saying and making all along.

It's all "watered-down" "MILK", and if you want to keep drinking "MILK" then any "MEAT" given to you will only be opposed as in case of what you have said.

Great that your buddy has come to our Lord, and it's great that through using such a "watered-down" version has helped many to come to our Lord Jesus Christ. And the only reason why it helped those is because it's "watered-down" and is non-threatening in anyway, because it has desecrated HIS INSPIRED WORD by distorting, misrepresenting, deleting from and adding to it to make it comfortable to those who are conformed to the world through the philosophy of the world and are not prepared to transform and renew their carnal and spiritual mind (the brain and the heart).

Now after your buddy has come to our Lord, have you been feeding him "MEAT"?

Now, you just said that The Message is a translation. Mate, it ISN'T a translation it's Eugene Peterson's personal interpretation why he thinks His Inspired Word should say. It's not a translation; it's a BOOK written by a Christian, nothing more and nothing less.

I can assure you that if you think you can live a Christian Life and abide in His Inspired Word through reading a watered-down version of His Word, and believe that you are being "sober and vigilant to the roaring lion and his wiles that deceives and seduces through the doctrine of demons and empty deceit of traditions of men through their philosophy of the world that is false teaching and isn't in accordance with our Lord Jesus Christ", then only you will have to answer to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Today in the Body of Christ there is so much “Wilful Ignorance”, and our Lord Jesus Christ says: “Therefore they say unto God, Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways.”(Job 21:14)

Matthew Henry said: “Man’s apostasy began in an affectation of forbidden knowledge, but is kept up by an affectation of forbidden ignorance.”

Today, these last days of perilous time, the Body of Christ is living in a time of great apostasy when many choose to ignore or disbelieve the simplicity of the Gospel of
Salvation, and the Message of the Cross, believes that the simplicity of Eugene Peterson’s gospel of “The (new age) Message” is better. That is so sad!

Be blessed in Jesus’ Name.

You just furthered my point, it is but milk compared to the meat of literal translations, but that's just it. Do you give a baby a steak for dinner? If the Bible likens our spiritual journey to wean off of milk and move on, if The Message helps those who don't believe or even baby Christians start... I cannot see any harm.

The Message is basic and I believe its a good start, but the Holy Spirit can be trusted to wean those who start with The Message (milk) to a more indepth (steak) study Bible. I've seen and watched it happen. (My friend).

And please do not claim the circle argument that you are following the leading of the Spirit that The Message is evil. I think you mean well, but I cannot in my Spiritman agree with you. I've seen the work of the Spirit through the Message and what have you but opinions? Experience speaks more profoundly than words. The fruit of The Message, from my experience, has been profitable to the Kingdom of God, for myself and many others I've personally seen. If the fruit is good, why are you cutting the tree down?

And yes my buddy and I have had many conversations... some which involved deeper things of the Word. You don't just give a Bible to someone and say, well there ya go! Anytime I give ANYONE a Bible, provided if I can, I'm there to help and guide the reader. :) We arent in this alone.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You just furthered my point, it is but milk compared to the meat of literal translations, but that's just it. Do you give a baby a steak for dinner? If the Bible likens our spiritual journey to wean off of milk and move on, if The Message helps those who don't believe or even baby Christians start... I cannot see any harm.

The Message is basic and I believe its a good start, but the Holy Spirit can be trusted to wean those who start with The Message (milk) to a more indepth (steak) study Bible. I've seen and watched it happen. (My friend).

And please do not claim the circle argument that you are following the leading of the Spirit that The Message is evil. I think you mean well, but I cannot in my Spiritman agree with you. I've seen the work of the Spirit through the Message and what have you but opinions? Experience speaks more profoundly than words. The fruit of The Message, from my experience, has been profitable to the Kingdom of God, for myself and many others I've personally seen. If the fruit is good, why are you cutting the tree down?

And yes my buddy and I have had many conversations... some which involved deeper things of the Word. You don't just give a Bible to someone and say, well there ya go! Anytime I give ANYONE a Bible, provided if I can, I'm there to help and guide the reader. :) We arent in this alone.

Oh, by the way, just a point of discussion, I never said it was evil, I said it is FALSE and full of lies, and is distorted, misrepresented, added to and deleted from His Insipred Word, I never said EVIL!:)

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, I think I just found the answer for you. :clap:

"The Full Life Study Bible" is the old title. The new edition of it is titled "Life in the Spirit" Study Bible. It's available in KJV and NIV, and is much less expensive.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

I just might have to get one of those myself... but as I don't care for the KJV, I'd have to go with the NIV.

Either that, or Jack Hayford's New Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible in NKJV. I'm not sure which, they both look really good, and both have great reviews.

Thanks for that, and I had found that new revised version, but it's not the same as the original one, and the original one is the one I am trying to get a copy of, The Full Life Study Bible.

Thanks for your time and info.

Be blessed in Jesus Name.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.