squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about? I'm in complete communion with the Bishop of Rome.

I'm not aware of the conveyance of infallibility to any common congregant, not even a Cardinal/Bishop other than the Pope. You?

That conveyance will NEVER be available for the 'masses' in the system, at least while here on earth.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not aware of the conveyance of infallibility to any common congregant, not even a Cardinal/Bishop other than the Pope. You?

That conveyance will NEVER be available for the 'masses' in the system, at least while here on earth.

So? Because the Bishop of Rome has the charism of infallibility, I've come into full communion with him and the Church. It doesn't divide me from him, it unites me to him.

Outside of Catholicism there is no infallibility, so why pay any attention to it?

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Feel free to take his superiority over ALL at faith value. By any real comparitive measure however it IS division of him from all.
Because the Bishop of Rome has the charism of infallibility, I've come into full communion with him and the Church. It doesn't divide me from him, it unites me to him.

Uh, not to that obvious extent.

Outside of Catholicism there is no infallibility, so why pay any attention to it?

Believe what you want. And condemn ALL who do not therein bow. The latter is the direct result of what you believe and the real mantle of your faith to others, openly worn and adored...

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, Squint, you're not making any sense to me and I refuse to let non-Catholics impose their ideals upon my faith and my Church.

God bless!:wave:

I never expected otherwise. There are many other implications of single man infallibility that have not even been touched yet.

i.e. the greater confirmation to the Pope in ceremony and 'eucharist' that will NEVER provide same to any member, etc etc.

Sometimes one problem can lead to other problems not seen. Others can see those problems. Some don't want to.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
CJ, I am waiting on the sidelines here for those elusive facts, too.

Recall, patience is a virtue.

The opening poster - with all his emphasis on these FACTS - seems to have left the house. Leaving us waiting for those FACTS. I'm okay with waiting; hopefully it's not forever.

I was wondering if any of the other Catholic brothers and sisters posting in this thread desired to pick up the ball from ACatholic, but it seems not.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes one problem can lead to other problems not seen. Others can see those problems. Some don't want to.

I see what happens in the absence of Infallibillity; division, lots and lots of division. It's right in my backyard. I'm surrounded by Protestant denominationalism.

Furthermore, if none of the members of the who-knows-how-many Protestant denominations and sects has the ability to speak infallibly why should anyone, especially this very happy Catholic, pay any attention to any them?

Y'all can't see that?

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I see what happens in the absence of Infallibillity; division, lots and lots of division.

We all realize that the RCC alone is in unity with just one - the RCC alone. It's an unusual unity - a unity of one: self alone with self alone.

Did you know that the LDS has exactly the same unity? Yup, it alone agrees with it alone, too. Is there some point you wish to make about that?

Did you know that every single denomination (and probably 2.2 billion Christians) officially and currently agree with all that self thinks that self should agree upon?

Now, I guess the WORSE you can say about other denominations is that they might be as bad as the RCC is in this situation. But actually, many of them aren't. But I'm just failing to see the significance you are placing that the ONE (such as the RCC or LDS or URC or UMC or me or Billy Graham or Mary Baker Eddy) has unity with only one - the self same self - indicates anything at all.

IMHO, self simply proclaiming that self is correct because self is correct so self thus must be correct when self says that self is correct just doesn't mean much. Even if self is the RCC. Heck, most of the time I agree with myself on things I think it's important to agree about, but I doubt you place too much significance on that. And yet.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see what happens in the absence of Infallibillity; division, lots and lots of division. It's right in my backyard. I'm surrounded by Protestant denominationalism.

Oh, please. The orthodox itself has been many times divided, REMAIN divided and continuing to divide. It's a natural and even predictible eventuality. Part of the territory so to speak. I attribute that DIVIDING to God Himself who wil CONTINUE to keep things 'rightfully' divided. It is a MERCIFUL thing imho.

God forbid to much individual power to coalesce. I cannot imagine a one world faulted religion. That WOULD be hell on earth for SURE.

Furthermore, if none of the members of the who-knows-how-many Protestant denominations and sects has the ability to speak infallibly why should anyone, especially this very happy Catholic, pay any attention to any them?

Y'all can't see that?

Part of belief is the HUMBLE PIE we are ALL made to swallow on very certain matters. And man who does not eat there may not be eating whatsoever of the TRUTH.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, please. The orthodox itself has been many times divided, REMAIN divided and continuing to divide..

I'm not Orthodox and they don't believe in Papal Infallibility either. It's one thing in which all non-Catholic Christians can agree. The Pope is the great unifier.

It's a natural and even predictible eventuality. Part of the territory so to speak. I attribute that DIVIDING to God Himself who wil CONTINUE to keep things 'rightfully' divided. It is a MERCIFUL thing imho

God forbid to much individual power to coalesce. I cannot imagine a one world faulted religion. That WOULD be hell on earth for SURE.

Being a part of Protestant denominationalism I guess you have to believe something like that.

I believe that Christ left us a Church with the abilty to teach infallibly on matters of morals and faith. It's easily recognizable and easily approachable.

I refuse to bow down to your strange god of multi-denominationalism.

Part of belief is the HUMBLE PIE we are ALL made to swallow on very certain matters. And man who does not eat there may not be eating whatsoever of the TRUTH.

Are you speaking infallibly?

No?

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Being bound together in Truth and being bound together by individual choices are two very separate bindings.

Lots of results of individual choice bandings out there competing in the 'marketplace.'

The only Truth unique to Protestants on which they can all agree is that none of them have been given the gift to speak infallibly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The only Truth unique to Protestants on which they can all agree is that none of them have been given the gift to speak infallibly.
I am neither RC or Protestestant but I can in essence agree with that :blush:

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
............and yet I still see where there is no infallibility there is division, lots of lots of division.

And yet where self alone agrees with self alone there is division. Lots and lots of division. The LDS alone agrees with the LDS along; how does that indicate Christian unity? The RCC alone agrees witht he RCC alone, how does that indicate Christian unity? It rather indicates the opposite, it seems to me.

Again, everyone knows that the RCC alone agrees with the RCC alone; that it has a unity of exactly one - itself with itself. It is in division with everything but itself. Is there any denomination or teacher where the situation is WORSE than that? Heck, I have unity with myself. How does that indicate Christian unity?

Self proclaiming self to be correct so when self says that self is correct self must be correct probably does mean that self will claim that self agrees with self, but this has nothing to do with unity. Or being correct.

"I'm the only one who agrees with me" is hardly a statement of Christian unity.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If any Pope ate the Word facts that Paul ate, that he had evil present, indwelling sin that was not him, even a DEVIL put upon him by God to keep him humble, I'd hope to be the first in line of heeding A MAN IN TRUTH.

But that will NEVER happen, THAT MUCH truth.

Kinda sad to me that infallibility SHUT THE DOOR on scriptural FACT/TRUTH...I don't expect much any result from there will be much in the way of factual accuracy either when the very fulcrum of the presentation of MANKINDS PRESENT CONDITION has been tossed out on it's EAR.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"I'm the only one who agrees with me" is hardly a statement of Christian unity. .

Exactly, and that's what we're experiencing on this thread. You claim to be a member of the LCMS and yet you've had siggies stating your opinions are your own and not that of the LCMS. Your religious ideas are unique to yourself.

Three other recent posters on this thread are also unique in their beliefs and practices.

A prior poster speaks of Protestant denominationalism as "individual choices".

These are the fruits of the lack of infallibility, papal or otherwise.

In fact, you should all be blessed by Papal Infallibility, it's one thing you can actually agree on. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If any Pope ate the Word facts that Paul ate, that he had evil present, indwelling sin that was not him, even a DEVIL put upon him by God to keep him humble, I'd hope to be the first in line of heeding A MAN IN TRUTH.

But that will NEVER happen, THAT MUCH truth.

Kinda sad to me that infallibility SHUT THE DOOR on scriptural FACT/TRUTH...I don't expect much any result from there will be much in the way of factual accuracy either when the very fulcrum of the presentation of MANKINDS PRESENT CONDITION has been tossed out on it's EAR.

By your own confession you don't have the charism to speak infallibly. Why should I pay any attention to what you consider scriptural truth? You are singular in your beliefs, and yet you take the authority to teach me on matters and moral and faith?

Can you see how backwards that is to me?

Upvote 0