Panic mode and feel like I'm going to puke

Sep 7, 2014
✟7,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I was talking with my wife last night, and she was feeling bad about herself so I was telling her how Jesus thinks she's awesome, and loves her, and died on the cross for her because she's awesome.. Things are OK so far right? Then she hits me with something and I say what makes you think you can't come back to God? And u quoted her the verse if we confess our sins God is just to forgive. Then she hits me with, "you know that point of no return you were worried about? I hit that a long time ago.. " apparently she's talked to a couple of preachers and they all told her she couldn't come back.. I feel sick to my stomach right now, and it has me literally feeling like I'm going to puke.. I literally feel like my stomach organs are being tied in knots and yanked on.. What am I to do? She's a kind and caring person, if I leave her it will literally crush her, and if I don't and I keep dragging her to church what then? I told her to talk to another pastor, one that I talked to. I told her I'd give her the number, I'm literally in panic mode right now, my heart has been beating fast all morning and I'm hyperventilating slightly..

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you feel like you need to leave her? Why do you feel like you have to drag her to church if you don't leave her?

My wife and I have been married for 32 years. She is agnostic, yet I still love her and would never leave her. Unconditional love is what Christ calls for. If your wife loves you and you love her, there's NO excuse for you leaving her.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2014
✟7,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its not that I want to by any means, nor do I have plans to.. It's just painful to imagine she can't come back to God and ask for forgiveness and if she stays with me going to church that's exactly what's going to happen, it's going to remind her of what she can never have? I don't know I'm just FREAKING OUT!!!!!! I LITERALLY AM

Upvote 0

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Listen to God, not man...that includes pastors. Any pastor that says you can't come back is a piece of dung. Run away from that.

In the meantime, if you want to keep going to church by all means do so. If you don't, then don't. If you feel that it makes your wife feel bad if you go to church without her, don't go. Church doesn't "save" you, and you can't "save" your wife. Accept it and pray for her.

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2014
✟7,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
She says there are rules, I told her the story about the prodigal son Jesus told and she just shrugged her shoulders. She's had a very very hard life. She was given up for adoption when she was born, got pregnant at 16, was happy about it because she was able to get out of her abusive mothers hands, she's had people that are close to her, multiple times die, yet she is a sweetheart. She was working 2 jobs just to support her mother, and she is always thinking about others and putting their needs first. She really is. She even told me last night, she's 95% everyone else and 5% her. I can honestly attest to that. She is always so giving. I am a little more relieved to hear she can come back and ask for forgiveness.. I don't know why she said she couldn't but..

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away." - John 6:37

No exceptions. I once believed I was beyond that point. Throwing verses at me didn't help at first, steadfast prayer was needed for months. I eventually came to grips with the fact that there were absolutely no exceptions mentioned in Scripture, and prayed that if God would have me, I was his. My faith was unstable after that, but I could at least cling to the Biblical truths which I had previously believed were not for me. Through study, prayer, and fellowship, my faith eventually stabilized. So there's hope for your wife. There might be one or more key lies that she is believing that she is ashamed to tell you. Find out what they are, so that you can contradict them with Scripture. When the key lies upon which the rest of this depends are dealt with, the rest of all this can go with them.

Upvote 0

JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the last post. John 6:37 is indeed a great verse. "All that the Father gives me will come to Me, and the one who comes to me I will by no means cast out."

To come to Christ means to come to Christ alone for salvation. We are to come to Him for forgiveness and mercy, believing and trusting that His sacrifice on the cross removes the guilt of our sin and makes us right with God. If anyone comes to Christ in this way, Jesus' promise is that He will not turn them away. Show your wife this verse and hopefully she will realize that if she comes to Christ for salvation He has absolutely promised that she will not be turned away for any reason. By no means means there are no means or methods whereby She could be turned away.

According to this verse, If she will come to Christ then that proves that she was given to Christ by the Father.

I also like Revelation 22:17..."let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely."

According to this the only qualification for obtaining the gift of salvation by Christ is the thirst and the desire for it. The only qualification from man's point of view is that we realize we are sinners who can do nothing to save ourselves but we desire to be saved by Christ. Notice that we may take the water of life (eternal life) FREELY. We don't have to earn it by our goodness or our works. By faith we simply take hold of salvation. By faith we claim it. By faith we trust that Jesus saves us by his precious blood. Whosoever comes to Christ in that way obtains salvation. No one is turned away. Salvation and justification is truly free.

It is true that after we are justified and are saved and have eternal life which we cannot lose ...Jesus calls upon us to become disciples and follow Him as best we can always.... and having many or few rewards in Heaven is based on what kind of disciples we have been. But that is about discipleship not justification. There is a great cost to pay to be a good disciple. But with regards to justification and forgiveness and eternal life, it is free and all you have to have to come to Jesus is the desire. Pray that God will work in your wife's life and give Her the desire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd start by calming down and taking some deep breaths. It will be hard for you to patiently help your wife see that she can be forgiven through Christ if you are emotionally unstable yourself.

Someone above mentioned the Unpardonable sin being the only thing God can't forgive, which I doubt your wife is guilty of. In fact if she's willing to call out to God for forgiveness, it's almost certain she hasn't committed that sin, as that sin seems to stop one from even considering they need God's forgiveness.

Trying to get other people to calmly get this across to your wife may help. But in the meantime, stay calm. Take your time. It make take her more time to accept God's forgiveness then you'd like; if so, so be it. The main thing is to love her, be there for her, and be a living testimony of God's love for her. That as much as anything else can help her make the difficult step of accepting God's forgiveness.

Upvote 0