United States
✟7,754.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I lost my virginity to my now boyfriend and I was to wanting to wait till marriage but I've looked at it like this...It's a learning experience. You learn from it...and drinking and doing it made you learn booze just makes things worse. Say your sorry, both open up to each other and put all cards on the table. Say you'd like to start out fresh with one another and build your trust. My boyfriend screwed up big time once (he didn't cheat but he posted an add on craigslist to cheat and I caught him) but we put everything on the table and started out fresh. With OCD it makes it worse cause I still obsess over why he did it but I have to keep telling myself Nicole, forgive him and move on and trust him because he seems truly sorry and you seem truly sorry so I hope this works out for ya.

Upvote 0

topgunbar0

Sep 21, 2010
✟15,127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I beg your pardon. I was being flippant. Do not actually castrate yourself.

Here's what I meant to say: Stop talking and don't do anything nuts. If you're waiting for your spititual life to get in order before you think about getting into something serious, if you're waiting to be perfect, then you're going to die alone.
Don't try to love her or anyone unconditionally. Some people are terrible, and if you truly try to be selfless, you can pretty easily wind up bitter and divorced at 35 with a few kids in the middle.
Here's a secret: no one is ever mature. But if you're serious, if you want to be serious, about God or whatever, then find a girl who wants that. If that's this girl, keep her. If it's not, find a new one. Live together, grow together, pray together. You'll keep each other evened out and away from extremes. Attached men never convince themselves to lop off their junk.

Thank you for this post so much.

Upvote 0

topgunbar0

Sep 21, 2010
✟15,127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's been a while since we ended things and we weren't talking, but I still loved her more each day and didn't understand why my feelings weren't subsiding or staying stagnant.

Every relationship I have been in has been an easy walk for me, I've endured no suffering in my time with Christ Jesus and I have been so arrogant in my walk. I used to believe I was the best thing brought to women, because I was a virgin (by God's grace - I tried to lose it SO MANY TIMES and came so close) and received compliments often about my looks.

Well this relationship has definitely spurred a change. God used her to bring me back closer to him. I was unable to forgive her with my heart for what she had done. It was because I was arrogant, bitter, selfish, angry, etc.

I've definitely headed towards realigning myself with God. I go to bible studies on campus, and have been given the chance to get involved in the Christian community at my college. It's amazing what God is doing through me.

I didn't talk to this girl for 2 weeks, and finally I opened up to one of the campus pastors (Campus Crusades for Christ) and shared my complete story with someone else, and we prayed for her and me. He was so loving and caring and he has become such a good friend of mine.

God answered quickly, I wasn't sure if I was ever supposed to initiate a conversation between us two again, I wrote her a letter after I read a Christian book about dating and had no plans to give it to her, I thought it was for myself, so God could remind me of my faults and how to love others.

She e-mailed about 1 hour later. She said God had kept telling her to send it Tuesday. She wrote it down about a week earlier, but he told her to be patient. It couldn't have been a more perfect timing.

She explained she missed me, her best friend, and us breaking up didn't have to mean us no longer talking. We were both unsure if we were going to an Evangelical speaker that night, Shelby Abbott, to hear him teach us how to share the word with others on campus. Neither of us had anyone to go with and we were both being timid. I asked her if she was going and she said she didn't know, so I picked her up and we went and talked for over an hour afterward. I gave her the letter I wrote, and we agreed while it was not best to be around each other constantly (we still need to continue to build that Godly foundation and attach ourselves to him completely), we could get coffee together once a week and sit with each other at the Christian studies/worships we were in during the week.

God keeps telling me to be patient. He keeps telling me to wait til near the end of December. I'm not sure why, but I can't see past it. Ironically, that is the same time I am going to a Christian conference in Indianapolis, the 28th - 1st with some Christian friends. I don't know if I'm supposed to be with this girl, I love her SO MUCH, but I have to act on his time line. I'm completely comforted, and so in love with God that if he takes her away from me, I will not be destroyed. My hope is in him and I trust him wholeheartedly wherever I go.

Everyday I struggle with thoughts of her past. It hurts for sure and sometimes God gives me the way he sees her and takes away all pain. Even though I experience this pain, it is good for me. It humbles me completely (my arrogance has nearly disappeared). I look at my faults. I also continue to forgive her, I see her in a new light, and for once in my life, even though she didn't live up to my personal expectations, I still love her. I'm not being self-seeking, I want to put her first and I have never done that in my life. I'd rather pour out love than receive it.

It's extremely tough, and when he takes away the pain and shows the love I have for her through the Holy Spirit inside me, I am without words. I realized I couldn't do it without the Holy Spirit and his spirit is bearing fruit and taking away the branches which don't bear fruit. I've learned to not rely solely on emotions for once in my life, but love despite how I'm feeling. I actually continue to pray for the suffering, because it has brought me so much closer to God and makes me rely on him. It teaches me discipline, love, self-control, and so many other things. I don't get angry anymore, but sometimes Satan comes into my mind and brings back those thoughts and I am able to put them away with love and prayer. And I cannot take any credit for this, it is God's work and it is the Spirit he has placed inside me. There's no way I would ever see her in this light on my own.

It's still a progress and will be indefinitely (forever?) and I don't know where it will lead, but this break-up has brought us both closer to God. So much so.

I will update again in January for those wanting to hear my story.

Upvote 0

topgunbar0

Sep 21, 2010
✟15,127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know. It was rape. And it saddens me.

I'd be lying if I'd say I still don't struggle with the past connections she has.

God has removed the pride, arrogance, bitterness, anger, etc. from my life.

I still have negative thoughts, I was actually being controlled by them, God opened my eyes so much recently though.

I've had insecurities all my life and this is definitely the icing on the cake. I see what she did and I have no anger anymore, sin is not a certain level, sex isn't worse than lying, etc, there aren't varying levels of lust (sex vs. inappropriate content), I used to put it on a grading scale.

Knowing that she had sex made me feel less special, because she's the only one who I've shared that with. However, God, is showing me that isn't the case.

This has been the toughest time of my life and I have tried to run away from her, but each time, it keeps coming back. Love keeps catching me.

God is removing the insecurities finally in my life. He had to wait for that last though, before he could remove all the other black in my heart. I feel compelled to share my story with my fraternity brothers. One other guy in my house and I are doing a Bible study and I'm sharing my story next week. I'm extremely afraid, so pray for me.

I used to believe that what she had with her first boyfriend she had sex with was something so special I'd never reach that.

Also, with the rape, I couldn't understand why the guy never talked to her again. I felt like he had some sort of power over me. And the fact that my friend talked behind my back, made me feel like he had power over me. I've accepted there are some things I will never understand, and I just need to trust God. God has almost completely removed those insecurities.

She has become such a Godly woman in our time apart. She is so saddened by her past, and I don't want her to be anymore. I want her to feel loved and know she is completely absolutely perfect in mine and God's eyes.

I feel God pulling me to start a book as well, on insecurities and the great things he has done in my life. I've had them my entire life and I'm finally heading down the path where they are gone, not covered up by alcohol or other idols/drugs.

He's promised me that he is going to do great things in me, and I believe this relationship, this life with her, and book are my calling.

I'm still waiting though, I'm waiting for his okay to pursue her at the end of Dec. He told me to expect a sign on the 27th. I believe all my insecurities will be eradicated by this time and he will tell me to date and marry her.

However, if he doesn't, I know that's his will.

I just love this girl so much, I can't explain it. Even when we went weeks without talking, I still loved her more and more each day.

Upvote 0

topgunbar0

Sep 21, 2010
✟15,127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We ended up going to the a Campus Crusades for Christ conference together at the end of December and celebrated the new year by worshiping the Lord and praying with over 2500 other people. It was awesome!

We both believe it to be God's will to continue the relationship and use our testimony to prevent others from making similar mistakes.

I believe being in a relationship that requires complete dependence on God (in dealing with lust, and sinful thoughts about her past) is one of the best places I could be in.

It's not always easy, but it takes less control of my life everyday as I stated earlier. I learned a lot this week, and while I don't know where God will lead us, while we are in this relationship I will do my best to make sure it is centered around God and I will continue to love her more everyday by seeking God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums