Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
there may be tribal areas of Africa where honor killings may happen among some non-Muslim communities?
I am not saying it happens, I am not saying it does not happen

but those places are relatively primitive even to this day

I am talking about countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Morocco
places that are fairly modern..... EXCEPT for stuff like how they treat women, polygamy, honor killing,
stuff like that

the big difference is probably the covered head part
but like I said
it is part of a system that is bigger and more dangerous
like, there is nothing wrong with wearing an arm band with a silly little bent cross on it
that in and of itself is not bad, it is just a decoration
but it shows devotion to the Nazi party that has done horrible stuff

so yes, while the "berkini" is not bad, just like an arm band is not bad
but the ideology behind both is barbaric, violent, and should be discouraged
It's sad that you're comparing a very Christian tradition like head covering in public with Nazism just because Muslims do it. Muslims also fast. That doesn't make fasting wrong. It's good that non Christians practice Christian virtues like fasting and modesty.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's sad that you're comparing a very Christian tradition like head covering in public with Nazism just because Muslims do it. Muslims also fast. That doesn't make fasting wrong. It's good that non Christians practice Christian virtues like fasting and modesty.

this is not a "very Christian tradition" the burkini was not made for Christians
this particular thing is a Muslim tradition specifically

you used fasting as an example, yes fasting is a Christian tradition and is shared by ascetics of many different spiritualties

but this would be like saying "fasting for Ramadan is a Christian tradition"

this particular action, while modest, is not an example of Christian modesty
it is an example of Islamic modesty
another thing that goes along with Islamic modesty is the stoning to death of girls who are immodest

so, since I do not want to encourage B, I am not going to encourage A

they are trying to set up an alternative morality, a morality that all Christians should be wary of, because it is exceedingly dangerous to us

the Secularists in France are foolish, and they will be the death of us all if they keep this up

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
this is not a "very Christian tradition" the burkini was not made for Christians
this particular thing is a Muslim tradition specifically

you used fasting as an example, yes fasting is a Christian tradition and is shared by ascetics of many different spiritualties

but this would be like saying "fasting for Ramadan is a Christian tradition"

this particular action, while modest, is not an example of Christian modesty
it is an example of Islamic modesty
another thing that goes along with Islamic modesty is the stoning to death of girls who are immodest

so, since I do not want to encourage B, I am not going to encourage A

they are trying to set up an alternative morality, a morality that all Christians should be wary of, because it is exceedingly dangerous to us

the Secularists in France are foolish, and they will be the death of us all if they keep this up

When I read posts that reach as hard as this one does to justify doing wrong for what one believes is good, I note just how few words would have to be changed for it to represent a Muslim or Hindu point of view.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When I read posts that reach as hard as this one does to justify doing wrong for what one believes is good, I note just how few words would have to be changed for it to represent a Muslim or Hindu point of view.

very few words would have to be changed

I agree, they want their morality to be prominent, I want Christian (specially Catholic) morality to be prominent

so yes, there is some similarity to what Muslims want

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Orthodox Jewish women also believe in modesty. They cover their hear and cover much of their body. Here is a site with bathing suits and hair covering for Jewish women:
http://aquamodesta.com/

Does this bother you Rhamiel? Since it is Jewish and not Chrisitan?

I don't understand why people are making any kind of a fuss for the beach wear anybody decides.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited: