Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This may have been a topic in the past here but I'm a new member. Wanted to hear people's thoughts and views on this. Do you think it's possible and has anyone ever experienced this themselves before?
Out of body experiences are satanic to the core.

High-level eavesdropping and astral projection can lead to mental breakdowns.

Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So someone who has a near death experience in which they speak to Jesus and subsequently become a devout Christian (as is often the case) is evil?

Reactions: Maybug32
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This may have been a topic in the past here but I'm a new member. Wanted to hear people's thoughts and views on this. Do you think it's possible and has anyone ever experienced this themselves before?
Paul did not know.
"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven." 2 cor 12:2

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So someone who has a near death experience in which they speak to Jesus and subsequently become a devout Christian (as is often the case) is evil?
Near-death experiences are not the same thing as out-of-body experiences.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Near-death experiences are not the same thing as out-of-body experiences.
Do you have dreams or visions?

"KJB Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy", your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have dreams or visions?
No.

We believe those came to an end when the Scriptures were completed in AD 96.[VERSE=1 Corinthians 13:8-10,KJV][VERSENUM]8[/VERSENUM] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

[VERSENUM]9[/VERSENUM] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

[VERSENUM]10[/VERSENUM] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.[/VERSE]

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No.

We believe those came to an end when the Scriptures were completed in AD 96.[VERSE=1 Corinthians 13:8-10,KJV][VERSENUM]8[/VERSENUM] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

[VERSENUM]9[/VERSENUM] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

[VERSENUM]10[/VERSENUM] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.[/VERSE]
They didn't stop by 100 A.D.

But we can have differences with purpose. God has you where He presently wants you and likewise for me. And He is working in each of us, even towards maturity in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yes. As with any encounters with the spiritual realm, some have experienced dark entities, some entities of light.

Reactions: Maybug32
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I would recommend you google NDE's and neuroscientists and understand from people that know the brain better than anyone, the potential causes of these experiences.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would recommend you google NDE's and neuroscientists and understand from people that know the brain better than anyone, the potential causes of these experiences.
Yes, and make sure these "neuroscientists and people that know the brain better than anyone" explain the silver cord.

(Assuming they take all of reality into consideration.)

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, and make sure these "neuroscientists and people that know the brain better than anyone" explain the silver cord.

(Assuming they take all of reality into consideration.)

Those folks are typically quite good at taking well evidenced reality into consideration.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those folks are typically quite good at taking well evidenced reality into consideration.
Oh, I'm sure they do.

But as the saying goes:

It's what you don't see that gets you.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

High-level eavesdropping and astral projection can lead to mental breakdowns.

Can you back that up with scripture? Just curious, I mean, why does something like an out-of-body experience automatically equate to Satanic?

I'm always curious as to Christians who "automatically" equate any paranormal activity as satanic.

Why couldn't the ability to walk outside your body be a god given gift? If anything I would argue that any paranormal ability would be a god given gift and it is up to you in how you choose to use it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why couldn't the ability to walk outside your body be a god given gift?
If you read the [negative] testimonies of those who have engaged in this activity, then you'll conclude it's satanic to the core.

The astral plane is supposedly inhabited by all sorts of demons trying to cut the silver cord, leave you stranded there so you can't find your way back, and even reports of some coming back to find their bodies taken over by others.

All leading toward mental breakdowns.

It's nothing more than a ruse to get one to "open his mind," so as to allow spirits in.

Dream Weaver, by Gary Wright, is far from the pleasant activity it depicts in its song.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When they do see it, they will consider it. Until then, let your imagination run wild.
You mean:

Until then, don't expect any references to the silver cord?

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you read the [negative] testimonies of those who have engaged in this activity, then you'll conclude it's satanic to the core.

The astral plane is supposedly inhabited by all sorts of demons trying to cut the silver cord, leave you stranded there so you can't find your way back, and even reports of some coming back to find their bodies taken over by others.

All leading toward mental breakdowns.

It's nothing more than a ruse to get one to "open his mind," so as to allow spirits in.

Dream Weaver, by Gary Wright, is far from the pleasant activity it depicts in its song.

So your belief that it is Satanic is not based on scripture or biblical scholars but rather your deductions based on negative testimonies and anecdotes...

Wouldn't the astral plane also be inhabited by angels as well sent there to either aid in given you visions, aid your journeys in the astral plane or they are there just hanging out on vacation?

My point isn't so much that out of body experiences exists, are possible, or impossible. My point is to just challenge your assertion that out-of-body experiences are "automatically Satanic".

I disagree. I don't know God's will, but I do know that in the bible God is credited with given men various abilities and who is to say that he wouldn't give someone the ability to have an out-of-body experience.

Basically, I'm just a bit skeptical with how some Christians are super quick to throw the Satan flag on anything and everything that is outside their comfort zone.... If you don't have scripture backing you up, you can't claim it is automatically de faulto Satanic.

Upvote 0

Isaacsname

Aug 5, 2012
Earth
✟1,413.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Depends on what you mean by that, I think, personally, that there are different things that happen

One example:

Someone's mind disassociating from it's normal perceived location in their body ( The head ) is a rather common experience of somebody who sits in a sensory deprivation tank for an extended period of time.

It's not been satisfactorily explained, afaik, but obviously the " consciousness resides in the mind " is not always true, and we see firsthand evidence of this in the SD tanks

Now, the brain is still there, and the activity in the brain is still going on, but the person feels like they may be outside of their body, or that their head is " somewhere else "

I think that " OBE " and NDE " are rather vague terms, honestly, and that it may be that there are a range of different events happening and being generalized with blanket terms

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0