Senior Veteran
Aug 13, 2005
Arkansas
✟20,194.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
"If I have put my trust in gold or said to pure gold, “You are my security”, if I have rejoiced over my great wealth, the fortune my hands had gained, then these also would be sins to be judged, for I would have been unfaithful to God on high." - Job 31:24, 25, 28

A rich man prayed, “I’ve worked so hard and I want to take my fortune to heaven.”

“We don’t do that,” God said.

“Please,” he begged, “let me bring it so my children will be spared from an indulgent life.”

“Okay,” God amended “you may bring one suitcase.”

Weeks later, the man found himself at heaven’s gates with a suitcase full of gold bricks.

“A suitcase?” the angel guarding the gates questioned. “You can’t bring anything with you!”

“Oh, I have a special arrangement with God.”

The angel looked into the suitcase and lifted his head, “Lord, I’ve got a man here who says he’s made a special arrangement with you.”

The heavens rumbled, “What sort of arrangement?”

“For some reason he wants to bring in a suitcase full of paving material.”

In God’s economy, your gold will be worth less than the pavement under your feet! But the things often overlooked—our children, the poor, our relationships with others—are priceless.

“Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile.” -
Sir Wilfred Grenfell (1865-1940)