Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Our Old House
Read Luke 19:1-10
The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
-1 Peter 5:10 (NIV)
RECENTLY I visited my childhood home. Almost 70 years old, the home had problems that required many of the inside walls to be torn down to make repairs. Looking at this once-beautiful home -- now filled with construction debris and with large holes in its walls and floors -- I kept thinking, Who would want to own such a sad-looking piece of property?
The new buyer arrived and began to show us all the things she planned to do to our old home. Because she restores homes for a living, what looked like expensive problems to us were simple repairs to her. What's more, since it was to be her home, this house was a special project for her -- one to which she would devote all the loving care and expertise she could. What we saw as a burden she welcomed as an adventure and a challenge.
I began to consider a spiritual parallel to this. Our lives may have fallen into disrepair, but God, the restoration expert, the master builder, patiently works to restore us to service and honor in the kingdom. We may think we can never be fixed, while all the time God is just waiting for the invitation to restore, heal, and bless us.

Creator of all, help us to see ourselves and those around us through your eyes of love. Amen.

God wants to restore us and abide in us.
Dick Lewis (California, U.S.A.)
Submitted by Richard