Our first snow and we are getting hammered!

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't mind snow as long as it does not become a huge problem! It's 18 degrees today so a lot of this very wet snow has turned to ice. Now if you say anything about glacier melting I will track you down and stick an ice cube down your pants. ;)

It's snowing, right? Proves it's cold.

(Tongue in cheek here. Great photos. Wish it snowed like that here.)

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Soma Seer

Sep 19, 2015
✟8,555.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Ha I'm so jealous. We get snow maybe once per decade where I live. :(

But seriously if the snowfall you're getting is a big problem, I'm sorry to hear that...

The thing about snow is that it normally toys with us, at first. There's a lighter dusting, which melts; then a slightly heavier snowfall after that, which likely melts, etc. Regardless, people who've been driving on dry pavement for roughly 9 months out of the year have some time to adjust to driving on snow/slush/ice once again.

Getting 10"-12" inches at once, though, generally makes people lose their minds and drive like complete idiots--i.e., not cautiously enough for road conditions. (Yesterday, I watched someone slide through a 4-way stop from the comfort of my kitchen.) Even when snow sneaks up on us more slowly, there always are those who drive too fast/erratically, especially after the first snowfall. (Those are the ones who usually wind up in a ditch and need to call roadside assistance.)

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The thing about snow is that it normally toys with us, at first. There's a lighter dusting, which melts; then a slightly heavier snowfall after that, which likely melts, etc. Regardless, people who've been driving on dry pavement for roughly 9 months out of the year have some time to adjust to driving on snow/slush/ice once again.

Getting 10"-12" inches at once, though, generally makes people lose their minds and drive like complete idiots--i.e., not cautiously enough for road conditions. (Yesterday, I watched someone slide through a 4-way stop from the comfort of my kitchen.) Even when snow sneaks up on us more slowly, there always are those who drive too fast/erratically, especially after the first snowfall. (Those are the ones who usually wind up in a ditch and need to call roadside assistance.)

Sounds like when it rains here in California. It never fails, first rain after a dry spell and people are slipping and sliding all over, driving way to fast for wet pavement and creating chaos.

Upvote 0

Soma Seer

Sep 19, 2015
✟8,555.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So today it is almost 60 degrees. Supposed to hit mid 60's tomorrow. We always have such crazy weather.

It's not quite that warm by me today, but much of our 10"-12" inches' worth of snow is gone. But I'm guessing that we'll blink and find a new blanket of snow on the ground. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are expecting a lot of rain here.
It's not quite that warm by me today, but much of our 10"-12" inches' worth of snow is gone. But I'm guessing that we'll blink and find a new blanket of snow on the ground. o_O

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums