Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the thing is .. your saying exactly the same thing as gid .. your just approaching it from a differing perspective ..

You are quite right - one is waiting for and event, the other is living in the event and pointing out that there are generations that have.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
my point is .. it is up to those to whom it apples tyo apply it .. its not up to us to oppose

That is why I am not opposing it. All should be awake! Alive and doing the work of the ministry. It's been provided and available!!

Those awake should help others know that there is nothing to wait for. The time is now, the day is quickly approaching and there are lots of people to reach.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is why I am not opposing it. All should be awake! Alive and doing the work of the ministry. It's been provided and available!!

Those awake should help others know that there is nothing to wait for. The time is now, the day is quickly approaching and there are lots of people to reach.
You are right. All should be awake. But we are told that in the end, all will be asleep, even the virgins that will enter the wedding feast.

How does one know that they are awake? When they walk as overcomers of the world, the flesh and the devil. When they do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh but instead agree with God that if they walk as natural men, they cannot please God. It is simply impossible.

Until we have a gospel that frees us to such an extent that we can stare a bound man in the eyes and tell him that God has set us free from sin, rebellion and self love, and that He actually really causes us to walk in obedience because of the new natures He has given us, and that He will do the same for them, no matter the depth of their addiction, we are still snoring loudly, and sleep walking instead of really walking as overcomers.

There is not one reason why we need to wait for something to come. You are right. It is now. But all will not awake to our great need at the same time. That is why I say it is coming. But when a man is desperate, just as Paul was in Romans 7, and HATE our old nature, its religious pride, its self pleasing, its sinfulness, its desire to NOT reckon itself dead to sin, and cannot go another step until He leads us into FREE INDEED where we actually see sin defeated in our hearts, it is then that the alarm clock will ring for us, and not a minute sooner.

If the church was walking in this as you contend, the world would be ready to either follow us or crucify us. Right now, they seem quite content to avoid us and call us hypocrites. That day, however, is coming to an end and we are about to discover that God meant what he said when He promised he could actually keep us from falling.

Blessings, brother

Gids

Reactions: samcarternx
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Awakening..... to the concept of absolute surrender. We should have seen this a long, long time ago. It is clear in the word. Our salvation is in essence a trade. Our pearls for His...Him. Our lordship over ourselves for His Lordship... and blessing over us.

The scriptures are so very clear and yet satan has up till now blinded us to the plain truth. God expects us to surrender. Totally. Unconditionally. Absolute surrender. That IS our salvation, for in giving up us, we get Him in full measure.

How clever satan has been. To almost all of us to a tee, that concept scares the heck out of us, so we relegate it to fringe theology, the doctrine of radicals. But there it is.... in our Bibles, and no matter how much we want to avoid them, or interpret them away, they stand. We must lose our life to find His in us. We must want to be free of the old nature that we think can surrender over years, even decades. Curiously, no one ever fully casts themselves on the grace of God to do what He said he would do.... cause us to walk obedienty.

To us, we do not want to surrender, not TOTALLY, for that means our free will is lost for even it too is put on the alter and offered up to our Lord. We cringe. We think that the will of God means no more fun and no nights out and driving a 15 year old car and .... as we regurgitate and repeat the lies and fears satan is feeding our brains. But he is a liar, and the great truth of absolute surrender is about to be re-discovered, and we will LOVE it, praise God.

You see, we bemoan counting the cost.... us....fun, sex, pot, beer, cigarettes, vacations, oh, and SHOPPING! But remember, this is a transaction. We GET something in return, and it is this glorious thing He is awakening us to.

More to come, but do this if you would. Simply get before God and examine your level of surrender. Start looking at it in a different light. God has told us that His will for us is good, and perfect, and yes, acceptable too. Will we disagree? What are we told happens to a lump of clay not in the center of the potter's wheel? Nothing. Same ole same ole. Ah, but what happens when we center ourselves on God as HIS possession, as we choose to agree with God that He owns us, and we make the valley of decision choice "Your will, not mine be done."? The master potter places His skillful hands on the lump of clay, and fashions a vessel, a GLORIOUS vessel out of it, fit for HIS use. Who causes the clay to be transformed? The hand of the potter. All He requires of the clay is trustful surrender. Absolute surrender.

We are about to be awakened and shown through new eyes the second half of the new covenant.... the highway of holiness where God inside us literally causes us to take the way of escape He provides every single time. God's will a bad thing? LOL. Ha! Our joy will be beyond measuring, victory over the world, the flesh and the devil the heritage of every single one of us, especially the weak ones. Would you not love to hear "Behold how they love one another!" concerning the church from your unbelieving and previously critical non-Christian friends? I would. I will! And so will you.

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, and over in the Book of Revelation where Jesus addressed the 7 churches... He saw their sin and told them to repent, so many of those in the modern extreme grace times that like to sin and claim to not be in sin, are going to be SHOCKED when Jesus tells them to depart because they are workers of iniquity.

Revelation 3:5
He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Oops! There goes the "Once Saved Always Saved" doctrine out the window... either that, or Jesus doesn't know what He's talking about and extreme grace preachers know more than Jesus does???

Matthew 18:3
Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Very simple... those that actually remain in their relationship with God are the ones God accepts because God is not accepting those that love this world and the flesh more than Him.

Romans 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Reactions: samcarternx
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, and over in the Book of Revelation where Jesus addressed the 7 churches... He saw their sin and told them to repent, so many of those in the modern extreme grace times that like to sin and claim to not be in sin, are going to be SHOCKED when Jesus tells them to depart because they are workers of iniquity.

Revelation 3:5
He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Oops! There goes the "Once Saved Always Saved" doctrine out the window... either that, or Jesus doesn't know what He's talking about and extreme grace preachers know more than Jesus does???

Matthew 18:3
Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Very simple... those that actually remain in their relationship with God are the ones God accepts because God is not accepting those that love this world and the flesh more than Him.

Romans 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

I can't disagree with anything you have written. And to be honest, I think the root of the error much or modern Christianity is slipping into is the OSAS doctrine. People argue that such grace makes us want to follow Him closer because He is so good, but the results of the doctrine, I believe, are that people end up trying to take advantage of God, rather than to serve Him even more.

Once satan got us away from a holding onto the word of God closely, examining every teaching proposed under the light of scripture, it was simply a hop, skip and a jump to altering the message that IF we continue in His goodness, we stay saved, but if we do not, salvation can be lost. There are at least twenty scriptures that clearly show our salvation can indeed be lost, if we let sin continue in our lives, for it will harden our hearts as our faith erodes into head knowledge.

Thank you for your post.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0