Our awakening is beginning...

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My position is that because God has declared us to be totally holy, righteous, pure and sinless, we are living our Christian lives from a position of victory and not trying to attain what we already are in Christ. What this means is that we are not compelled to live holy lives by some external set of laws or rules, but that because of our new nature and new heart we have the overwhelming desire to put our bodies and minds into subjection so that our thinking becomes Christlike, and then our behaviour will follow. If we use the image of the horse and cart, the horse is our new nature, and the cart is our behaviour. Where the horse goes, the cart has no option but to follow. Therefore, as we think more and more like Christ, which is the same as thinking in line with the fruit of the Spirit, then our behaviour has no option but to follow. "As a man thinks in his heart, that who he is." God does the work in our hearts first, knowing that our conduct will change accordingly.
Oscar, God has made us new creatures, and sin is to have no more dominion over us. We are told that we are no longer in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the spirit of God dwells in us. This is wonderful truth, truth that is to set us free indeed. But He has ordained that our partaking of such a blessing is hinged on our believing it, and using that truth as a weapon and protection when satan comes to tempt us. If we refuse to put on the armor of God, if we choose to love the world, if we choose to live in sin still, the positional blessing God has given us is of no value to us at all. In truth, if we are Christians and walking with compromise, and with lukewarmness to the real victory God has made possible for us, we will be held accountable for our actions, for we must remember, to whom much is given, much is required.

The saints in Laodecia were true Christians, and yet did God continue to see them as holy and pure? Did He pat them on gthe back and wink at their sins and tell them it was all ok? The truth is, He warned them as severely as God can warn His people. He told them they must repent of their compromise, their continuing in sin, while thinking all was well with God. You speak as if sin consciousness is a bad thing, and indeed it can be if we are fully yielded to Him and standing on the promises He has made to us. But is this where we as the church in the west are found right now? Sadly, it is not. Why do we need to be sin conscious in this late hour? Because as a whole, we are walking with hardened hearts from sins we think we cannot escape or do not have to give up. The result is that our hearts have been hardened and although we use all the right words and have a show of godliness, our hearts by and large are far, far from Him.

Is the solution to placate the church and assure them all is well, whether they believe it or not? Please understand, all IS well, IF we are walking fully submitted to the God we love. Thank God, He sends the Spirit to rebuke, correct, instruct when it is needed, and this, brother, is being made sin conscious. Now, the church as a whole has failed, not because they are being made sin conscious, but because they have not told the sheep how to get the shackles of sin off their heads and hearts. Once instructed in riughteousness, and how to walk with our shields up, our swords sharp, our lives totally His to lead, we indeed do not have any more consciousness of sin, as the writer of Hebrews attests. But what we are trying to do is avoid the part about selling all of our pearls, about actually giving up sins big or small, and assume we can live unto ourselves, as long as outwardly we have a certain amount of "goodness" to fit in with others doing the same thing in the church.

God has spoken. We must lose our lives, our "self", our desire to rule over our life. Only then can we truly believe the glorious good news that the gospel offers us. God has promised that if we totally yield and break before Him, crying out for a brand new nature, He will grant us the faith to believe and to put it on. However, to do so, we cannot escape the need to put off the old nature first, and therein lies the rub. We as the church of the day want to have our cake.... i.e. salvation, blanket forgiveness, being seen as holy in God's eyes, when our own hearts simply want to eat the cake too, as we continue to enjoy the ability to sin "a little bit" and to hold onto our pearls that we think Jesus would never ask us to give up.

Our eyes by and large have been blinded to the second half of the new covenant, where God promises to not only forgive us, but to change us..... transform us..... make us true holy children. This is what God is awakening us to. God will make us holy, not positionally but in real time, and when He does, the world will sit up and take notice. But make no mistake. For us to believe such an amazing thing, our hearts must hunger after it with all that is within us. We must awake to how far we have drifted from God. Our treasure has not been Him at all costs, and that is the bump in the road we must all navigate.

Are we content with positional holiness? Do we like the fact that the present day gospel requires nothing on our part? Or is there a deep disturbance inside us, a knowing that there is something more we need, pure hearts that set their affections on things above, not on things of the earth? I have said for a long time now, we are being led into the valley of decision, where the cost of our salvation must be faced. The cost is us, our old nature, the one that likes to sin occasionally, the one that likes to reassure itself that all is well with God even though our lives are far from what God has told us His will for us is. Will we agree to such a price? I pray we get a glimpse of what God is offering us. Our eyes are fixing to be opened to the very same gospel that turned the entire world upside down. Our lot, if we choose to follow after our Lord with ALL that is within us, is to be made totally holy, with sin lying at our feet..... in this life. Not by our determined efforts. Not by our strength, our grit, our ability to resist sin. It will be accomplished by Christ actually being placed on the throne of our hearts, with our knee bowing to Him in ALL things in our lives. When that happens, the second half of the new covenant will come into play, just as it did to those blessed saints in the book of Acts. God ill indwell us and actually "cause us" to walk in full obedience with pure hearts and fill us with the very same love Christ himself possesses.

This is not the time to assure saints that are living in powerlessness, compromise, worldliness and that we are holy no matter what our lives testify. The Word of God is quite clear. Those walking in the Spirit will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. If we still are, the truth is we are not walking in the Spirit and that is a hard, bitter pill for our religious nature to process and admit to. But brother, when we do? When the church cries out for the ability to lead lives worthy of the Lord, and we admit we need far more than we have believed for in order to live as God desires for us, the heavens will be opened and God will pour out upon us blessings we can now not even comprehend.

The awakening is beginning. It may start with tears and repentance and hunger, but it will in no way end on that note. We are about to fully discover the joy of our salvation and our full deliverance from the powers of the world, the flesh and the devil. The church is about to re-discover the secret of how to walk as a living sacrifice..... and love it.

May it come quickly. Live, bones, live.

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Reactions: samcarternx
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thank God forevermore that you are finally experiencing an awakening.

I'm sure that as you progress you will find the fullness and hopefully even more than others have as they were awakened to the truth of scripture.

greatness awaits you and 2000 years of experience add to those who have traveled this wonderful walk before you.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thank God forevermore that you are finally experiencing an awakening.

I'm sure that as you progress you will find the fullness and hopefully even more than others have as they were awakened to the truth of scripture.

greatness awaits you and 2000 years of experience add to those who have traveled this wonderful walk before you.
If your post was sincere, thank you very much. If it was said in sarcasm however, that is not God at all, but simply the flesh trying to "get in a good one" in the name of Jesus. Only you and the Lord know the answer to that.

It is my sincere hope and prayer that many who now seem to think we need no awakening that will cause us to actually live as holy, love filled, sold out, living sacrifices.... true strangers and pilgrims on the earth, hating self and sin, will actually admit that they need to find the way to fully experience the FREE INDEED that Jesus promised us. If we are still committing sin (His words, not mine), we are not free indeed.

If this is us, we have yet to discover the fullness of the life God has created for us. If we are thinking that we are walking in the Spirit and yet find we still are fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, and that self still rules over us, may we awake to the danger of our contentment without godliness . May we cry out to Him with our whole hearts to deliver us from the power of sin and the grip of a self that refuses to bend the knee in ALL things. Let us not rest content to simply being forgiven from sins that continue to rule over us God has morefor every one of us....much more..

We are about to awake as a people that holiness is not a demand of the new covenant but a promise we are asked to believe. God WILL keep us from falling.... if we want to be kept no matter the cost to us. If we do not, may God change our hearts and soften us to the truth that He can make us walk as overcomers. He simply awaits for us to realize that it is when we combine the blood of the Lamb with the words of our testimony as to what it has done in us. That is the awakening of which I speak brother, and I am praying for all of us to simply hear what the Spirit is saying to the church.

I love you SP.

Gids

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Onna

Jul 15, 2015
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The spirit of truth in your posts amazes me. I've been confused between what scripture says versus what christians seem to be today. I've read a few of your threads and while I'm not searching for any human to follow, I've been praying that God would show me just one other believer who truly believes and has understanding. You are way beyond what I've imagined or hoped for. I pray every day that God be with me and change me and use me. I only want to serve Him and am grateful for this fire he has put in me. I want to shout to the world and the "believers" to wake up and see and hear and understand. I don't feel perfect...far from it in fact. I often allow people's negative reactions to God's word affect me. I begin to doubt what I know is true. I feel sad about what is happening in the world, though I see it is God's plan and anxious to leave it for eternity. I appreciate God's blessings but my heart is still heavy. I read what you pointed out about asking God to change me and use me and I believe He will, and so I'm waiting patiently for a complete transformation. And in the meantime, I'm studying and preparing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If your post was sincere, thank you very much. If it was said in sarcasm however, that is not God at all, but simply the flesh trying to "get in a good one" in the name of Jesus. Only you and the Lord know the answer to that.

That is perhaps the rudest reply I have ever received. I forgive you, but wow Bro - that's nasty. Don't worry I didn't report you for it.

It is my sincere hope and prayer that many who now seem to think we need no awakening that will cause us to actually live as holy, love filled, sold out, living sacrifices.... true strangers and pilgrims on the earth, hating self and sin, will actually admit that they need to find the way to fully experience the FREE INDEED that Jesus promised us. If we are still committing sin (His words, not mine), we are not free indeed.

If this is us,
we have yet to discover the fullness of the life God has created for us. If we are thinking that we are walking in the Spirit and yet find we still are fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, and that self still rules over us, may we awake to the danger of our contentment without godliness . May we cry out to Him with our whole hearts to deliver us from the power of sin and the grip of a self that refuses to bend the knee in ALL things. Let us not rest content to simply being forgiven from sins that continue to rule over us God has morefor every one of us....much more..

We are about to awake as a people that holiness is not a demand of the new covenant but a promise we are asked to believe. God WILL keep us from falling.... if we want to be kept no matter the cost to us. If we do not, may God change our hearts and soften us to the truth that He can make us walk as overcomers. He simply awaits for us to realize that it is when we combine the blood of the Lamb with the words of our testimony as to what it has done in us. That is the awakening of which I speak brother, and I am praying for all of us to simply hear what the Spirit is saying to the church.

I love you SP.

Gids

As a brother in Christ I love you to Gids, more than you realize. And I am praying for you on a consistent basis that the eyes of your understanding be enlightened to see the Glory of God all around you. That Glory manifested in believers who have already been awakened. There are generations and generations, back 2,000 years who awakened to what you are still waiting for.

I pray you find a good godly group of believers who walk continuously in what you are still waiting for. They are all around us, walking in righteousness.

Much respect and love,

SP

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a brother in Christ I love you to Gids, more than you realize. And I am praying for you on a consistent basis that the eyes of your understanding be enlightened to see the Glory of God all around you. That Glory manifested in believers who have already been awakened. There are generations and generations, back 2,000 years who awakened to what you are still waiting for.

I pray you find a good godly group of believers who walk continuously in what you are still waiting for. They are all around us, walking in righteousness.

Much respect and love,

SP
Brother, I love you too. We are obviously not seeing eye to eye based upon our past interactions. I accept that and pray that despite our differences, we will explain our stances with maturity and love. I have never been mad at you, and never want any to feel personally singled out in my posts. I fully realize that my posts are seen as a new take on things, and are quite different than what many of us have been taught, and fully realize it can take a while to digest and study.

Some, generally those who seem to struggle more with their flesh, or at least with the more socially unacceptable sins, find themselves more open to considering what I have been given to share, but my prayer is that all, from the least to the greatest, finally sees that our Christianity is destined for far more than simply being forgiven but left unchanged, and thus, still bound. We have, for the most part, not yet even tasted what the glorious liberty of the children of God really means.

In the meantime, I very much desire to walk in love with you.

Be blessed,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So what exactly are we awakening to? Tons. What God has for us is not a nice little doctrine to be added to all our other nice little doctrines. It is, in essence, the fuel that makes our car go. It what empowers us to become what we all had hoped we would become when we first got saved. We are about to stop having to push our car, and instead actually get in and GO. Praise God.

Do you remember your "honeymoon period" with the Lord when you first got saved? The excitement? The pure joy of feeling so clean? The deep desire to share with others that God will do for them what God had done inside you? No one had to shame you into witnessing. You couldn't help but share. It was THAT good. Your expectations of what Jesus would do for you... and through you.... were through the roof. You were firmly convinced that this would change everything in your life, and you would never be the same. You were sure that no sin of yours that you had struggled mightily with would stand against the power of the Holy Spirit.

Most all of us remember that time in our life. But sadly, most of us as well look back on such a period in our walks with God as simply emotional exuberance, spiritual adolescence, caused by our being declared to be adopted children of God, and reasoned that we had to "come back to earth". And boy, have we ever.

For many of us, our joy, which God has said is the root, the source, of our strength in Him, has withered to the point that unless we have one of those amazing worship services that stirs those feelings up again, we simply have settled for putting one foot in front of another and assuming that is the best God has for us. We are wrong. God says that "Without a vision, the people perish". And right now, fellow Christian, we need a vision of what God has clearly promised to do for us.

So what has caused us to not apprehend that for which we were apprehended? It is simple. We have been made new creatures in Christ, but we have failed to put him on. We have settled for knowing the truth that when Christ died, so did we, and that when Christ rose from the grave, so did we and knowing this is wonderful. BUT, there is more. We must put that new nature on by a radical act of faith. And it is that faith as to who we are in Christ that is needing awakening.

So what exactly does that mean when we are fully awakened to what we have up till now been blinded to? It means that because we know the above facts to be true, we then appropriate that truth as our truth and use it as a weapon to fight when satan comes accusing us, or tempting us to sin and disobey. Do you believe you are a new creature? That you are not in the flesh, and owe it nothing? That you have been delivered from the power of darkness, not just forgiven for the darkness you still commit? Do you believe that God will not allow you to be tempted more than you can withstand.... AND that He will actually cause you to take the way of escape when it is offered?

We respond by saying that we are not perfect and will never be perfect this side of heaven, and that is correct. But guys, there is a world of difference between the character of Christ being fully worked into us, and being delivered from willful acts of disobedience. And that is what we are being awakened to, to the truth that God has promised to plant new natures inside us that He can....and will....actually CAUSE to walk in full obedience. No more will we willingly do something we know is wrong. That is the nature of the old man that WAS us. That is the glory of our Christian walk and what we have all missed up till now.

But in these last hours, God has promised to restore us to what He always intended for us, walking in the real grace of God that promises to teach us how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor, how to actually walk as living sacrifices, how to walk on the highway of holiness. It is not based upon our strength, but on our understanding of how weak we really are yet how sufficient His armor and His shield is for us so that we can walk without being tethered to the world by our flesh.

Yes, we still live in fleshly bodies, but our spirits? New. And it is our awakening to that truth, and finally fully agreeing with our God as to who we really are, no matter how much we may have failed in the past, and embracing the truth that right now, we are new creatures in Christ that will cause the bride of Christ to stand up in these last days, without spot or wrinkle, and bear witness to the truth that really sets men free indeed. Those in the world who are lost, but who love the light, who want good to win, especially in their own hearts, will be amazed to see the church, long a religious organization with many correct words but with so very few pure, victorious, joy filled lives, fully awaken and BE the light we really are.

We are the blessed generation, you and I, who will see this restoration firsthand. We have the honor of displaying to the lost and dying world that we serve a mighty God, one who cannot only forgive, but a God who loves us so much that He will actually insure that we walk in joyful obedience. Can our God be THAT good? Indeed He can.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being awakened from a sound sleep is not fun. We want to hit the snooze button, to go back to sleep but it cannot be so. God loves us far too much to let us stay as we are, forgiven, yes, but not cleansed. Not freed from the hand of the one who hates us. Not fully escaped from the old us, the one that resists God having full sway in our lives, the one that caves in when tempted, content to receive forgiveness but with no real desire for the FREE INDEED that God promised each and every one of us. THAT old us.

Like Samson of old, we too have not taken our calling seriously, or understood the full consequences of our flirting with sin as if we are somehow immune from consequences. We who are the church of Jesus Christ, once endued with power and overcoming victory, literally turning the entire known world upside down in one single generation, have been reduced to nice 90 minute services, more worried about the health of OUR church, our denomination, our pet doctrines rather than glorifying God with our sold out lives as THE church. Samson, once a mighty warrior, was finally so blinded that he went round and round grinding corn for the amusement of the enemy. For most of us, we too have ended up going through the motions, burdenless, visionless, loving ourselves more than both God or our fellow man. Our flesh cries out in disagreement, but this is the truth that we must see if we are to awake and do as Samson did in his own last hour.

But praise God, our amazing Lord will not leave us in this state, saved in our sin but not yet saved from it as He clearly promised us. Our destiny is clear. If we hunger and thirst for righteousness, His inside us and so real it is manifested to those around us who will wonder where the old us went, He WILL fill us. Like our brother Samson, let the cry of our heart be "One more time Lord. One more time."

God does not want us to wait, nor to be found content without a godly nature.... Christ IN US, that can stare down temptation each and every time. His will is that we ASK. His will is that we believe that if we ask for such an amazing promised new nature, He WILL give it to us, bread for the weary children whose hearts are crying out for the ability to please Him with our lives. He will not give us a stone, but fullness of spiritual bread for every hungry child who longs for more than just a ticket to eternity.

The awakening is beginning, and we, you and I have huge roles to play in God's end time plan. It is time we "put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh (to exist).How will this be done? By combining the blood of the lamb with the words of OUR testimony. The saints of old are all cheering us on, deeper into believing the promises of God, for it is here that we are able...made able.... to partake of the divine nature of God. We are about to discover what "the glorious liberty of the children of God" really means. Ready to be amazed?

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some look forward to being awakened.

Others have been awakened and living in righteousness for years, sometimes decades.

To those who are still waiting:

WAKE UP! It has been time for 2000 years.

The provision was paid for. It's yours for the asking. Take your eyes off your weakness and place them on the strength of God that is in you!

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some look forward to being awakened.

Others have been awakened and living in righteousness for years, sometimes decades.

To those who are still waiting:

WAKE UP! It has been time for 2000 years.

The provision was paid for. It's yours for the asking. Take your eyes off your weakness and place them on the strength of God that is in you!
what do you mean? .. like , start actually obeying what the lord is speaking to us in or own lives about ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Did you hear what the Lord did in the city of Chicago this past weekend? Nearly 2,000 people came to the knowledge of Jesus Christ at the Reinhard Bonnke Gospel Campaign!
10359153_916562398401454_6747433798146035592_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what do you mean? .. like , start actually obeying what the lord is speaking to us in or own lives about ?
the thing is .. your saying exactly the same thing as gid .. your just approaching it from a differing perspective ..

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
as I live in the fleshly body I will have to struggle with this sinful nature of mine

Here, this should fix your conundrum...

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

It's always best to believe, say, act, be what God says you are as His child versus how things look.

Upvote 0