Our awakening is beginning...

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
What God wants you to know is that He has a framed picture of you on the desk in His office. You don't have to search for Him, because He has promised that He will never leave you nor forsake you. That means that He is right there with you and in you, even when you don't feel that He is. He wants you to accept His presence with you by faith and not beat yourself up trying to seek Him when you have never lost Him in the first place. Your prayer can be: "What do you want to be for me today?" and, "What do you want me to do in the light of that?" Another good prayer is, "What do you think of me right now?" You might be amazed at the answers He will give you. God is going to pour out His whole container of goodness all over and through you so that you will be totally overwhelmed with the wonder and majesty of who He is for you. You will discover Him as the kindest Person you will ever meet, because those are the type of thoughts He has for you. He knows the plans He has for you, to give you a future and a hope. I see an amazing, outrageously brilliant future for you, and over the coming months, you will experience it for yourself.
When I say I am searching for him I don't mean in a way where I lost him rather I seeking him out in everything and in any way I can.Inside I can feel my heart and soul seeking a much deeper love with him seeking to know him much more to have only the closest and most intimate love with him. All day every day I feel myself doing this as if by instinct, I ma absolutely fascinated at who he is all his attributes everything about him that makes that heart of his so beautiful and precious. I am always in such awe and sometimes I have to just sit there and try to deal with the amazement of who he is.

I am always asking him things like what is it that you ask of me, or what does your heart desire so i may give it to you. I also often times ask him what he thinks of me, when he sees me when thinks of me when he speaks of me what is it that he sees what is it that he thinks what does he say about me and about what I do? Am I doing good? Am I making him proud?

I talk to him and I sometimes hear him speak back, today he told me my heart is beautiful and I laughed because firstly my heart is not in my eyes. I told him in reply no my friend it's your heart that is beautiful, it is your heart that is the reason I fell so deeply in love with you and it is you and you alone is that allowed to exist inside me, I don't care if Blain himself(my name) disappears the only one and the only thing that can exist in my heart mind body and soul is you. If anyone wants to know what it means to be strong as a Christian what true strength is all they have to do is look at him. As for my future if it is going to be outrageously brilliant I wouldn't know but I do know that if I receive the level of love I seek in him that alone will be the greatest gift he could ever give me

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What God wants you to know is that He has a framed picture of you on the desk in His office. You don't have to search for Him, because He has promised that He will never leave you nor forsake you. That means that He is right there with you and in you, even when you don't feel that He is. He wants you to accept His presence with you by faith and not beat yourself up trying to seek Him when you have never lost Him in the first place. Your prayer can be: "What do you want to be for me today?" and, "What do you want me to do in the light of that?" Another good prayer is, "What do you think of me right now?" You might be amazed at the answers He will give you. God is going to pour out His whole container of goodness all over and through you so that you will be totally overwhelmed with the wonder and majesty of who He is for you. You will discover Him as the kindest Person you will ever meet, because those are the type of thoughts He has for you. He knows the plans He has for you, to give you a future and a hope. I see an amazing, outrageously brilliant future for you, and over the coming months, you will experience it for yourself.

If you PM me with your address, I can buy a Bible for you on Amazon and have it shipped to you.
:) lol Oscar .. i wonder sometimes what attitude you speak in..ie were you being tongue in cheek re the bible ..
but again i don't disagree with you but i think some are called to certain things that others are not .. a bit like how the apostles suffered in the body that the new believers did not have to ... (ok im not communicating that well so dont make to big a deal out of it .:)

however to each generation the glory of God is again brought forth and at times there are birthings pangs before hand that his Glory and power may come forth to the salvation of the many .. and we live in a time and day when this is transpiring on a scale never seen before at any time .. there are billions more upon the face of the earth then there has ever been before and to reach them will require the church .. the body enmass . and this is the awakening i think we are speaking of and this is also the hunger we are speaking of this rising desire ,this sense within us that the status quo is not where we are suppose to be .its not about attaining righteousness or some indefinable level of holiness .. let the lord take care of that according to his word and the power of his Spirit .. We hunger to see him glorified to the nations that they all may know of him ,believe in Him and be saved ... this hunger in itself is not coming from our flesh, not from our old man because in truth,our old mad could not care less our old man is busy praising sports stars and self protecting the flesh and enjoying food for the belly with a belly for the food ... so this hunger and ever increasing longing for the full declaration of the Gospel with the manifestation of the power is the work of the lord within us .. and i say amen lord Amen .

the tide is rising ...the gospel is begging like a flood to be preached again.. the deaf hear the dumb speak the blind see the lame walk and the dead are raised ..
lets get on board ..the lord is moving we better move with him or we will find ourselves moving against him

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If in spite of all our efforts to try and achieve God's standard have failed, what if God is not expecting us to try at all? If you are saying that it is God who is transforming us, which is true, wouldn't our self effort at transformation be getting in the way of the work that the Holy Spirit is doing in us?

And if a person is still hungering after God, could it mean that he or she has not come into the personal knowledge of who God really is? If God says that He will never leave us nor forsake us, if people are seeking God, does that mean they have mislaid Him somewhere, like when my wife mislays her keys and we have to search the house to find them?

If we are converted to Christ and clothed with His righteousness, why are people still wanting God to make them holy, when it has already been given to them as a gift. Why seek for something that we already have?

They already are! All our sins were laid on Christ and He has paid the full price for them. Jesus owns our sins, and if we try to take them back, He will come after us demanding them back! We are already sitting at the right hand of God far above all principality and power. That is not a future thing. It is in our present!

If you are converted to Christ, you are totally holy. It was given to you as a gift from God. If you are still seeking holiness, then you either are not yet converted to Christ, or your thinking about righteousness and holiness is contrary to New Testament scripture and therefore up the pole. The miracle of total righteousness in Christ is not in the future, it is right now. Is is our thinking that has to change.

Yep! This is very true, for the reasons I have stated above.

Not true. God has not changed our nature. He has killed it and given us a totally new nature. This is where real holiness, purity of thought and action plus real victory comes from. Paul says in Galatians, "I am crucified with Christ (in other words, God killed me by nailing me to the cross with Jesus), nevertheless I live (as a new creature in Christ), and the life I now live in the flesh (which will become history after our death) I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

So, it is not a matter of Him doing sometime in the future as was previously promised, but it has now been done and is a present reality for us.

I suppose it has to be bored into our brains that God is not about to do it in us because He already has done it! He has not failed us. The problem is that we are still thinking in many ways according to our old nature, and thinking in Old Covenant ways where all this was to happen in the future. God has done it all for us, and we should be amazed at that right now!
Why does God want us to try walk as He has shown us in the Bible? Why are there scriptures that exhort us to strive against sin in our lives if we will fail? If He knows it is destined to end in our failure, why would He do such a thing, exhort us to try with all our might? There is a very good reason.

We do not know how weak we are. It is by our trying, even resisting unto blood, striving against sin, that we finally understand that what we cannot do, truly obey Him in all things, He can and will do in us.... IF we but believe.

The church is full of Christians who are content with being positionally holy, yet their hearts, their thoughts, their actions are far from that. Multitudes have no desire at all to be totally
obedient. When they hear of God's call to walk as living sacrifices, of His desire that we know how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor
If in spite of all our efforts to try and achieve God's standard have failed, what if God is not expecting us to try at all? If you are saying that it is God who is transforming us, which is true, wouldn't our self effort at transformation be getting in the way of the work that the Holy Spirit is doing in us?

And if a person is still hungering after God, could it mean that he or she has not come into the personal knowledge of who God really is? If God says that He will never leave us nor forsake us, if people are seeking God, does that mean they have mislaid Him somewhere, like when my wife mislays her keys and we have to search the house to find them?

If we are converted to Christ and clothed with His righteousness, why are people still wanting God to make them holy, when it has already been given to them as a gift. Why seek for something that we already have?

They already are! All our sins were laid on Christ and He has paid the full price for them. Jesus owns our sins, and if we try to take them back, He will come after us demanding them back! We are already sitting at the right hand of God far above all principality and power. That is not a future thing. It is in our present!

If you are converted to Christ, you are totally holy. It was given to you as a gift from God. If you are still seeking holiness, then you either are not yet converted to Christ, or your thinking about righteousness and holiness is contrary to New Testament scripture and therefore up the pole. The miracle of total righteousness in Christ is not in the future, it is right now. Is is our thinking that has to change.

Yep! This is very true, for the reasons I have stated above.

Not true. God has not changed our nature. He has killed it and given us a totally new nature. This is where real holiness, purity of thought and action plus real victory comes from. Paul says in Galatians, "I am crucified with Christ (in other words, God killed me by nailing me to the cross with Jesus), nevertheless I live (as a new creature in Christ), and the life I now live in the flesh (which will become history after our death) I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

So, it is not a matter of Him doing sometime in the future as was previously promised, but it has now been done and is a present reality for us.

I suppose it has to be bored into our brains that God is not about to do it in us because He already has done it! He has not failed us. The problem is that we are still thinking in many ways according to our old nature, and thinking in Old Covenant ways where all this was to happen in the future. God has done it all for us, and we should be amazed at that right now!
If we are Christ's, He has indeed made us new. Yet for multitudes, their lives look pretty much like they did before salvation. Why is this? Because they do not believe God has truly made them new. Their shield of faith is down, so that when satan comes tempting, they respond to his accusations by agreeing with him, and sinning once again.

Modern Christianity tells us not to sweat it. They tell us that there is no danger in our sinning. They tell us to be content to be positionally holy. Yet this simply does not line up with God's words to us. God warns us that sin can harden our heart. He tells us that if we rebuild what He has destroyed, we make ourselves transgressors. He says that if we sin wilfully, great danger lurks. He shows us that His plan for us is that we know how to possess our bodies in sanctification and honor. He explains to us that true grace will teach us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we are to be sober, live righteous lives, resist the devil's temptations. But this has been hidden from our eyes in these last days and spiritual slumber and contentment without godliness have blinded us to our sad state.

Oscar, you are correct that if we are Christ's, we are new creatures. But there is a problem. Being new on the inside is not enough. God wants the truth of who we are to grow inside us so that our lives bring glory to Him. We must KNOW this truth to be OUR truth and then make that truth a weapon of war when satan comes tempting. We must mix that amazing truth with faith that OUR truth.

We are told that we are no longer in the flesh.. we owe it NOTHING. Do we believe that? We are told that God will not allow us to be tempted more than we can resist. Do we believe that?

When satan comes to try to get us to sin, is he greeted with agreement that we are only human, or do we resist him with the truth that we are dead to sin, quenching all of his fiery arrows?

We have been led to believe that positional holiness makes it all ok, that our continued sinning is of no consequence, because God does not see our sin. If this were true, God owes the Laodecians a huge apology. They too were content with their positional standing with God, but their hearts loved the things of the flesh.

How can the Holy Spirit correct us, and even chasten us if needed? He longs for our position to come our possession. Yet we are told to not sweat it. It is all good. Brother, we have been told wrong.

Why are we told to press, to strive, to resist, to give all diligence? Will we be changed by this. Can sin be overcome in this way? Nope. So why is it important? Two reasons.

1) Sin will become exceedingly sinful to us.

2) A deep longing for our positional holiness to become our possession will grow inside us.

But there is a third thing that will come about. Wll learn that no matter how hard we try, we cannot defeat sin. Our flesh must be overcome, and we cannot do it.

Where does that leave us? Broken and desperate for an answer that works. It leaves us with the same mind Paul had in Romans 7.... desperation for a deliverer from not just the penalty of sin, but from its power over us. We are finally prepared for the next step... believing the second half of the new covenant... that God can cause us to obey Him, to stop giving in to sin, that He can and will make our position our possession.

How can this be accomplished? By our reckoning ourselves to be dead to sin. By our making this our shield of faith when the temptations come.

This is what lies before us. We are about to be awakened to the truth that because we are new creatures, we now have weapons to resist the devil. We are about to "get it" that faith is our path to victory and that when we finally agree with God that sin no longer has us, because we are new, we will begin to see our holy nature come to the surface.

That is the awakening we as His bride are about to receive. Those that hunger and thirst for God's nature to be displayed in them so that the world will come to His light are about to be amazed.

Reactions: samcarternx
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
this used to confuse me as well. One does not simply resist the forces of darkness with sheer force of their carnal will, and expect them to flee. The key is not in holiness, or a false sense of piety, or self righteousness, or the pretense that we can be holy outside of what God has done inside of us through Jesus Christ. Speaking a message of self effort revolution feeds the demonic elements that erode churches until they are devoured. Trust and Love are the main concepts when embodied that seem to mend the gap in the wall and make things inhabitable for the dark forces.

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this used to confuse me as well. One does not simply resist the forces of darkness with sheer force of their carnal will, and expect them to flee. The key is not in holiness, or a false sense of piety, or self righteousness, or the pretense that we can be holy outside of what God has done inside of us through Jesus Christ. Speaking a message of self effort revolution feeds the demonic elements that erode churches until they are devoured. Trust and Love are the main concepts when embodied that seem to mend the gap in the wall and make things inhabitable for the dark forces.
Michael, perhaps you have misunderstood what I am sharing. My call is not for us to do better, try harder, be more vigilant in our own strength. My call is to take what we say we believe and wield it as a weapon against the fiery arrows of the enemy when he attacks us.

The salvation God has provided promises to teach us HOW to walk out what God has worked in. But satan has so blinded us to that knowledge that we have settled for far less, because we have accepted that despite God's clear and undeniable promises, we have concluded that real holiness, real victory, real overcoming of all satan throws at us to be impossible.

So we have gone backwards. We have simply said "We will just do the best we can because God is already pleased with our walks". But if sin, self love, self rule, and unbelief are our bedfellows, He loves us but is not pleased with our state at all, just as He was not with the Laodecians. Did He see them as holy, as flawless, or did He weep over their blindness and hardness of heart, counseling them to repent no matter the cost?

So what are our options? We can either accept defeat as our lot until the Lord comes, or we can try as hard as we can and become frustrated or worse yet legalists, OR we can fall on our faces and tell God that we are of all men most miserable for sin and the flesh and the world system still rules over us and that we need a miracle..... God actually causing us to overcome, with Him changing us into His image by growing that positional holiness into real holiness for all the world to see.

The world looks at us as we say "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven" and they know we are simply making excuses for our ungodly behavior, and passionless hearts. They do not want a God who cannot change them and free them from the grip of the enemy. Those in the world who are hungering for an answer want a REAL answer and they see our folly. As God has said in Ezekiel 36, we....His own children... have blasphemed His holy name by saying "Look at us! We are the people of God" while all along, we, like them, are still ruled by the flesh and our desire to rule over ourselves.

But a new day is dawning. The last day. God is awakening us to HOW to walk as overcomers and He tells us this.

"....and the heathen shall know that I am Lord, when I shall be sanctified (made holy) IN THEM before their very eyes."

We are the blessed generation that are about to be awakened to how to actually put on the new nature and walk in it. The church will not birthed in glory only to be rescued in weakness, secret sins, compromise and worldiness. He is coming for a bride without spot or wrinkle.

Our minds cannot wrap around such a declaration. How then can any be saved?? But God has made a way for even the weakest among us to walk with satan and his temptations under their feet. When our hearts cry out for it, when it cuts us to our core that our lives do not bring glory to God, when we, like Paul, see ourselves as wretched men needing Jesus to deliver us from our self loving, self ruling nature, the heavens will open to us and He will do a miracle inside each one of us.

Do we long to die to self? Or are we quite content as we are as long as we squeak by into Heaven? That spirit must be dealt with in His body of the church. Sin and self rule must be seen as the darkness that it really is.

But let all know this. Once we admit where our hearts are and in desperation and hunger, we cry out for Him to change us because we cannot change ourselves, the heavens will open upon us and the church will re-discover the full glory of the new covenant. We are about to be amazed. The bones of what once was are beginning to rattle and one day soon, God is going to restore that which the cankerworm has eaten in our lives. It is coming. The full glory of what Christ accomplished for us is about to be revealed again to us and we will never be the same again. Never.

Blessings,

Gids

Reactions: samcarternx
Upvote 0

samcarternx

saint
Jul 17, 2010
✟16,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ lives in me and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who died and gave Himself up for me. ... so I receive the grace to do God's sovereign will and live as His son in His kingdom forever. whooot

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
You know It is said that our old sinful nature is dead and so God no longer sees our sins, I would be greatly comforted if this is in fact the case I am ashamed of every sin and every screw up. I am not good enough in my eyes not simply because of my sins but because of every part of me that isn't God, to him I am good enough for him however it's this belief that I am lacking that I am not good enough that strives me all the to be more like God. However I can never do it on my own I have to totally rely on God and his love grace and power.

I do not really concern myself about the whole sinning being holy issue that sparks such heated debates, the way I see it if I simply continue to seek love above all else to know God to love God and to be like God in the deepest level and in every way possible then I am sure this sinning issue inside me will resolve itself. Love is the spiritual steroid for a believer the deeper love you have in you the stronger you will become the faster you will grow the more you will come to an understanding of all things of God.

Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
You know what is interesting about faith? Faith requires you to not rely on your own eyes, people have said seeing is believing but what if believing is actually seeing? to have faith to believe means you see a reason to believe to have faith, what seems impossible you have the eyes to see that with God it is possible. Many do not believe in certain things even Christians like say healing or say walking on water or that what happened at pentacost isn't for today and what is the general reason? Because they have not seen this anywhere.

Upvote 0

samcarternx

saint
Jul 17, 2010
✟16,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not upon your own understanding, in all of your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your path (grace). Hath He said and shall He not do it, hath He spoken shall He not make it good. The faith we have been given is the same faith Jesus had when He walked among us, and that is the faith that He and the Father shared the same will. That He wanted to do his Father's will in spite of what He wanted. It is the same with us, we want to do our Father's sovereign will instead of our own. My testimony is that He does take control and sets our good works up and then gives us the power to do them as we walk with Him. That is being saved by grace through faith and that not of ourselves but the gift of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not upon your own understanding, in all of your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your path (grace). Hath He said and shall He not do it, hath He spoken shall He not make it good. The faith we have been given is the same faith Jesus had when He walked among us, and that is the faith that He and the Father shared the same will. That He wanted to do his Father's will in spite of what He wanted. It is the same with us, we want to do our Father's sovereign will instead of our own. My testimony is that He does take control and sets our good works up and then gives us the power to do them as we walk with Him. That is being saved by grace through faith and that not of ourselves but the gift of God.
Some would suggest this all occurs without any of our doing..but without our submittance , in love, to his work in and through us we cant be in harmony only at enmity.. our part is to believe trust obey.

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ lives in me and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who died and gave Himself up for me. ... so I receive the grace to do God's sovereign will and live as His son in His kingdom forever. whooot
Would you share a bit as to what that means to you?

Thanks and be blessed,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Michael, perhaps you have misunderstood what I am sharing. My call is not for us to do better, try harder, be more vigilant in our own strength. My call is to take what we say we believe and wield it as a weapon against the fiery arrows of the enemy when he attacks us.

The salvation God has provided promises to teach us HOW to walk out what God has worked in. But satan has so blinded us to that knowledge that we have settled for far less, because we have accepted that despite God's clear and undeniable promises, we have concluded that real holiness, real victory, real overcoming of all satan throws at us to be impossible.

So we have gone backwards. We have simply said "We will just do the best we can because God is already pleased with our walks". But if sin, self love, self rule, and unbelief are our bedfellows, He loves us but is not pleased with our state at all, just as He was not with the Laodecians. Did He see them as holy, as flawless, or did He weep over their blindness and hardness of heart, counseling them to repent no matter the cost?

So what are our options? We can either accept defeat as our lot until the Lord comes, or we can try as hard as we can and become frustrated or worse yet legalists, OR we can fall on our faces and tell God that we are of all men most miserable for sin and the flesh and the world system still rules over us and that we need a miracle..... God actually causing us to overcome, with Him changing us into His image by growing that positional holiness into real holiness for all the world to see.

The world looks at us as we say "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven" and they know we are simply making excuses for our ungodly behavior, and passionless hearts. They do not want a God who cannot change them and free them from the grip of the enemy. Those in the world who are hungering for an answer want a REAL answer and they see our folly. As God has said in Ezekiel 36, we....His own children... have blasphemed His holy name by saying "Look at us! We are the people of God" while all along, we, like them, are still ruled by the flesh and our desire to rule over ourselves.

But a new day is dawning. The last day. God is awakening us to HOW to walk as overcomers and He tells us this.

"....and the heathen shall know that I am Lord, when I shall be sanctified (made holy) IN THEM before their very eyes."

We are the blessed generation that are about to be awakened to how to actually put on the new nature and walk in it. The church will not birthed in glory only to be rescued in weakness, secret sins, compromise and worldiness. He is coming for a bride without spot or wrinkle.

Our minds cannot wrap around such a declaration. How then can any be saved?? But God has made a way for even the weakest among us to walk with satan and his temptations under their feet. When our hearts cry out for it, when it cuts us to our core that our lives do not bring glory to God, when we, like Paul, see ourselves as wretched men needing Jesus to deliver us from our self loving, self ruling nature, the heavens will open to us and He will do a miracle inside each one of us.

Do we long to die to self? Or are we quite content as we are as long as we squeak by into Heaven? That spirit must be dealt with in His body of the church. Sin and self rule must be seen as the darkness that it really is.

But let all know this. Once we admit where our hearts are and in desperation and hunger, we cry out for Him to change us because we cannot change ourselves, the heavens will open upon us and the church will re-discover the full glory of the new covenant. We are about to be amazed. The bones of what once was are beginning to rattle and one day soon, God is going to restore that which the cankerworm has eaten in our lives. It is coming. The full glory of what Christ accomplished for us is about to be revealed again to us and we will never be the same again. Never.

Blessings,

Gids

I perceive the issue roots from the colonialist religions speaking the message of earthly kings, christianity as it was fell because it was not christianity, it was a masonic order which outlived its usefulness. "Going back" to the masonic order standard is not going to help the cause of the gospel.

however, I think we agree on one point that a restoration is coming, and I have hope in that also.

Upvote 0

samcarternx

saint
Jul 17, 2010
✟16,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes BGREER I will. It means to me that my work is over. His sovereign will is in me doing what needs doing. I am at rest and my Father in heaven is in action through the Holy Spirit in me. I am continously blessed by being in His kingdom and everything working together for my good. The Lord is my shepard and there is nothing in my future to fear. His Holy Spirit gives life to my mortal body and everything that happens to me happens for my good. (how am I doing?) I rejoice , I give thanks, I wait for the perfect day. I have a boast that I know God and understand Him. Awesome huh. :)

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some would suggest this all occurs without any of our doing..but without our submittance , in love, to his work in and through us we cant be in harmony only at enmity.. our part is to believe trust obey.
Michael, you are absolutely correct. Faith, real faith that actually can unlock the lock to our putting on and walking in our new nature, is simply impossible until we are fully surrendered.

The devil has tricked us, and convinced us that full surrender smacks of ascetism, legalism, misery and bondage to try to always "be" good. We do not get it. Surrender, real surrender, what Andrew Murray referred to as absolute surrender, is simply abdication of our rule. We get off the throne, He gets on. No more I that live, but Christ who lives in me. That is the fulfillment of our being born again.

New hearts, new power to resist and not fail, an abiding consciousness of Christ living in us, with us, closer than a brother 24/7. No more feeling Jesus is distant. Impossible. We abide. As does He.

This is what God meant for us in salvation. Forgiven AND cleansed. Caused to walk totally pleasing to God by our God Himself. This is what He is opening our eyes to. We are about to discover how to walk in victory, joy and true agape love fellowship. We are about to put on our new natures.... here... now... in this life. What is coming upon us is simply mind boggling.

May our God ignite our faith that we serve a God that cannot lie. When we do, all Heaven is about to break loose.

So what do we have to do to surrender all. Stop smoking, lose weight, never get on those sites again,
give up fashion or sports? Nope, none of the above. It is simply taking our life and handing it to Him. He now owns us. His will is our will. The clay is now centered on the wheel. The master potter can now begin.

I can hear the silent screams even now, LOL. Listen. Closely. The devil is a liar and has succeeded for millennia to convince us that to do God's will is to be miserable, trapped. A horrid legalistic life. Liar. What we are about to awaken to is the goodness of God. I promise that when viewed in hindsight, you will be staggered at how you ever doubted God.

You see, when we do come to the point of HATING our old self, hating our pride, our lusts, our love for the world, our love of US, hating that part of us that sins with impudence sometimes, (and for some much of the time), we very good place.

Hate it, Jesus said. It is not optional. Unless a a man hates his own life, he be my disciple. Cannot.
When it finally disgusts us, and we seek God in true heart earnestness to free us from the actions of our old nature, it is then that we will have sought him with our WHOLE hearts. And praise God, guess what? What did He promise? We will say "Lord, where are you? And immediately the Lord will answer "Here I am". Glory!

Let us make no mistake. Full surrender is required, but it is not an act of strength but a realization of how sinful our old nature is in His eyes. It is the ultimate act of weakness. Literally falling into the arms of God. ALL our pearls. Why? Legalism? Ha. It is because God, and the salvation He has wrought is so amazing, so complete, so perfect for a person of my weaknesses, that we will run to Him, saying incredulously "You mean all I have to do is give you your rightful place as both savior AND Lord, and in return I get a new heart, a heart with different desires... pure ones? And you grow that purity out from my core so that the fruit of the Spirit simple become me? Then Lord, I abdicate with joy, for I know that what you have promised is guaranteed."

To fully yield is not optional. We simply cannot step out in faith as new natured faith. Jesus said this.

"How can you believe that receive honor one of another and do not seek that honor which comes from God alone?"

I pray you do not fear such a step, for once we see what our God is offering us? It becomes the biggest bargain in the universe. The will we have up till now often feared or resisted will be transformed into "that good and perfect and acceptable will of God".
Blessings to you, Michael

Gids

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That, dear brother, is a testimony to shout from the housetops, and I rejoice with you.

Blessings,

Gids

Reactions: FireHeart
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Michael, you are absolutely correct. Faith, real faith that actually can unlock the lock to our putting on and walking in our new nature, is simply impossible until we are fully surrendered.

The devil has tricked us, and convinced us that full surrender smacks of ascetism, legalism, misery and bondage to try to always "be" good. We do not get it. Surrender, real surrender, what Andrew Murray referred to as absolute surrender, is simply abdication of our rule. We get off the throne, He gets on. No more I that live, but Christ who lives in me. That is the fulfillment of our being born again.

New hearts, new power to resist and not fail, an abiding consciousness of Christ living in us, with us, closer than a brother 24/7. No more feeling Jesus is distant. Impossible. We abide. As does He.

This is what God meant for us in salvation. Forgiven AND cleansed. Caused to walk totally pleasing to God by our God Himself. This is what He is opening our eyes to. We are about to discover how to walk in victory, joy and true agape love fellowship. We are about to put on our new natures.... here... now... in this life. What is coming upon us is simply mind boggling.

May our God ignite our faith that we serve a God that cannot lie. When we do, all Heaven is about to break loose.

So what do we have to do to surrender all. Stop smoking, lose weight, never get on those sites again,
give up fashion or sports? Nope, none of the above. It is simply taking our life and handing it to Him. He now owns us. His will is our will. The clay is now centered on the wheel. The master potter can now begin.

I can hear the silent screams even now, LOL. Listen. Closely. The devil is a liar and has succeeded for millennia to convince us that to do God's will is to be miserable, trapped. A horrid legalistic life. Liar. What we are about to awaken to is the goodness of God. I promise that when viewed in hindsight, you will be staggered at how you ever doubted God.

You see, when we do come to the point of HATING our old self, hating our pride, our lusts, our love for the world, our love of US, hating that part of us that sins with impudence sometimes, (and for some much of the time), we very good place.

Hate it, Jesus said. It is not optional. Unless a a man hates his own life, he be my disciple. Cannot.
When it finally disgusts us, and we seek God in true heart earnestness to free us from the actions of our old nature, it is then that we will have sought him with our WHOLE hearts. And praise God, guess what? What did He promise? We will say "Lord, where are you? And immediately the Lord will answer "Here I am". Glory!

Let us make no mistake. Full surrender is required, but it is not an act of strength but a realization of how sinful our old nature is in His eyes. It is the ultimate act of weakness. Literally falling into the arms of God. ALL our pearls. Why? Legalism? Ha. It is because God, and the salvation He has wrought is so amazing, so complete, so perfect for a person of my weaknesses, that we will run to Him, saying incredulously "You mean all I have to do is give you your rightful place as both savior AND Lord, and in return I get a new heart, a heart with different desires... pure ones? And you grow that purity out from my core so that the fruit of the Spirit simple become me? Then Lord, I abdicate with joy, for I know that what you have promised is guaranteed."

To fully yield is not optional. We simply cannot step out in faith as new natured faith. Jesus said this.

"How can you believe that receive honor one of another and do not seek that honor which comes from God alone?"

I pray you do not fear such a step, for once we see what our God is offering us? It becomes the biggest bargain in the universe. The will we have up till now often feared or resisted will be transformed into "that good and perfect and acceptable will of God".

Gids
check the conversation and read that book(if you havnt already ... ) i so want to go

Reactions: FireHeart
Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian

Gids
My friend you are an amazing blessing:D Your heart and your understanding of God's heart and who we are in him is simply astonishing, it's as if you read my heart and then post it.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My position is that because God has declared us to be totally holy, righteous, pure and sinless, we are living our Christian lives from a position of victory and not trying to attain what we already are in Christ. What this means is that we are not compelled to live holy lives by some external set of laws or rules, but that because of our new nature and new heart we have the overwhelming desire to put our bodies and minds into subjection so that our thinking becomes Christlike, and then our behaviour will follow. If we use the image of the horse and cart, the horse is our new nature, and the cart is our behaviour. Where the horse goes, the cart has no option but to follow. Therefore, as we think more and more like Christ, which is the same as thinking in line with the fruit of the Spirit, then our behaviour has no option but to follow. "As a man thinks in his heart, that who he is." God does the work in our hearts first, knowing that our conduct will change accordingly.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So. if a person continues to think like a sinner, his behaviour will continue in that direction. But when a person thinks like Christ, his behaviour will become Christ-like. Therefore, what the Holy Spirit does in us is to transform our thinking.

Upvote 0