inconsequential

goat who dreamed he was a sheep
Mar 28, 2010
✟9,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Forgot to answer the "live under a rock" statement. Basically she was saying we can't shelter our kids from these things. They're out there and all over the place and so why not allow them these things? Well, we didn't agree, obviously.

Yeah, that makes no sense. I don't shelter my son but that doesn't mean I let him watch inappropriate content or gory movies. We made sure he knows there are bad people out there who want to hurt children. Just last month his karate instructor was arrested for allegedly molesting 2 young girls. It made explaining why the school closed much less awkward.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, that makes no sense. I don't shelter my son but that doesn't mean I let him watch inappropriate content or gory movies. We made sure he knows there are bad people out there who want to hurt children. Just last month his karate instructor was arrested for allegedly molesting 2 young girls. It made explaining why the school closed much less awkward.
It's common sense and one of the basic responsibilities of a parent for their children they are taking care of and are accountable to God for.

Wow, that's scary about your son's karate instructor. Speaking of karate. I wish my son would take it to give him some more confidence and strength.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to hear that

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and we all know the most crucial lessons to be learned by our karate instructors are: wax on/wax off and take the jacket off/put the jacket on, snatching flies with chopsticks, and so forth....!

It's common sense and one of the basic responsibilities of a parent for their children they are taking care of and are accountable to God for.

Wow, that's scary about your son's karate instructor. Speaking of karate. I wish my son would take it to give him some more confidence and strength.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you suppose that Dot has mastered the five-point-palm exploding heart technique of Pei-Mei?

you don't want to have unfinished busniess with the Bride....of Christ

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't. I like the Greeks. I'm especially jealous of their Gregorian calendar! LOL....but that being said, I love my Serb parish WAY too much to Greek myself up....plus Serbs are SUPER tall people. I'm 6'5" tall so I fit in better. Those Greeks tend to be pretty short....

Say something about the Greeks and then the rest of us can find out if she does...:p

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I watched this just a little while ago. I didn't think what he proposed and signed was unreasonable, but rather common sense. What are your thoughts?

President Obama Introduces a Plan to Reduce Gun Violence | The White House

Gee, I duno... banning assault weapons is pretty gutsy!
As Orthodox Christians we need to protect our right to bear AR-15's and defend our Priests right to protect the Eucharist from anyone who might be unworthy!

As they say, the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is an Orthodox Priest with an AK-47.

Besides, Obama's so-called, "brilliant" idea on instituting background checks will never work because why would a criminal buy a gun if they have to submit to a background check.

This whole getting rid of guns thing seems like a lot of anti-Christian hogwash if you ask me!!!!

(starts cleaning his collection of AR-15's)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
and we all know the most crucial lessons to be learned by our karate instructors are: wax on/wax off and take the jacket off/put the jacket on, snatching flies with chopsticks, and so forth....!
^_^ of course. :D :p

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I didn't know you were engaged, Matt!? wow! that's awesome! :thumbsup:

thanks man!

and I would say that even if Dot nailed you with the Five Point Palm exploding heart technique, you just gotta avoid taking those steps. because it's only after you walk away that your heart blows up. sure, you cough up a little unsighlty blood (I mean, who wouldn't?), but just stay in your seat and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those movies are so dang classic...hilarious....

I know Quentin is the most vulgar guy in history, but boy his movies come out great LOL

thanks man!

and I would say that even if Dot nailed you with the Five Point Palm exploding heart technique, you just gotta avoid taking those steps. because it's only after you walk away that your heart blows up. sure, you cough up a little unsighlty blood (I mean, who wouldn't?), but just stay in your seat and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0