1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Faith Options in Your User Profile
    Please click on the following regarding this important notice in Announcements:

Faith Options in Your User Profile.

Orthodoxy and Global Warming

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by gzt, Sep 26, 2012.

1. buzuxi02

buzuxi02 Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox

Well, why not make it more general and just blame America. Afterall Ahmedinijad once remarked that America is to blame for all the problems in the Middle East for the last 1500 years, or was it the last 2500 years?

That global warming is causing seismic activity is laughable. Theres some evidence that minor seismic activity can occur from fracking and the like, but not because it rains more in one area and less in another.

2. MariaRegina

MariaRegina New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    Exactly, seismic activity through the rise of magma and the warming of the seas is causing global warming, not vice versa.

Fracking, per se, does not cause seismic activity, but it does register as an earth movement -- a manmade earth movement through the use of explosives. If fracking were to be extensive and were to occur near a known or unknown fault line, then yes, it might trigger a fault movement.

For this reason, fracking should not be used near residential neighborhoods, highways, or any development. Personally, I am not in favor of fracking as I think it has potential and/or hidden dangers especially if used at the base of mountains. People can be idiots in their quest for money. "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Lord Acton.

3. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Byzantine Eastern Catholic Orthodoxish kinda guy

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    For goodness sakes! No one has implied Dubya had anything to do with Aldaraan! That was clearly Grand Moff Tarkin's whimsical flight of fancy! However, Dubya clearly had something to do with building the clone army. The guy was a war hawk animal and an Imperial nation-builder for Emperor Palpatine. We can blame him for alienating Count Dookoo and ticking off the intergalactic community, including General Greivous to the point that he had to resort to a pathetic "coalition of the willing" that was a joke. It included some spice miners from Kessel, a few wookies, and some tauntauns. Was pretty sad.

I will blame Bush for Arkham. For crying out loud, Dubya outsourced the security guys from Bangladesh and Montenegro. They make the worst guards in the world. Bane, Killer Croc, and the Mad Hatter were able to pool their money with Scarecrow, Riddler, and the Joker and they just bribed the guards straight up.

Bush IS to blame, dude! If it hadn't been for Bush, the Millenium Falcon would've made the Kessel Run in less than 10 parsecs instead of 12! If it hadn't been for Bush, the Harkonnens would've never re-taken Arrakis, Lex Luthor would still have hair, and the Legion of Doom wouldn't have to live in a swamp. Mr. Roper would've never moved out to be replaced by Mr. Furley, Sean Connery would've never quit playing Bond, and there'd still be a Plymouth Hemi Cuda 426 on the road....

4. MariaRegina

MariaRegina New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    Mr. Roper ... did you know that Sir Thomas More's surname was actually Roper?

5. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Because of Bush, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants lost Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to the Avengers. Bush made the Metron appear to Kirk, preventing him from finishing the Gorn captain. Spider-Man only had clones because of Bush. Bush drained the water from Arrakis, unleashed Darkseid on the JLA, and made Jar Jar Binks a central character to the Star Wars plot!

6. Thekla

Thekla Guest

I do not have a degree in science, nor am I qualified to analyze the origin of climate change. I have linked a discussion which references some who are more qualified in these matters.

But I do know this:
    Genesis is clear - problems in nature have their origin in human action.
    The plagues of Revelation (like the die-off of sea life) are of human origin according to our Bible study instructor.

No environmental problem is less than a moral and spiritual issue imo.

And the results of our action or inaction on these matters will be borne by our children, and my children.

7. gurneyhalleck1

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    So then Bush basically destroyed the Old Republic! Think about it...he made Jar Jar a central character, then Jar Jar was de facto senator for Padme while she was in absentia, he was the vote that created the Clone army that began the Clone Wars and brought down the Republic in the wake of Chancellor Palpatine taking over. That dang Bush! First he wrecked the American economy and left Obama a pile of manure to shovel up, now he's wrecking Star Wars! That ____________! LOL
    I tell ya, the old addage, "nothing good ever came out of Texas" is true! Anyone that would create Jar Jar, exhibit A! :p

8. gurneyhalleck1

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    If Bush had anything to do with creating Twilight, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, or the rise of Justin Beiber, not to mention putting Val Kilmer into the role of batman in the 1990's, we might have to deport the guy....

9. Knee V

Knee V It's phonetic.

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    :sick:

10. gurneyhalleck1

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    Val Kilmer's Batman---the Dark Ages....Clooney's Batman....the Black Death.....Christian Bale's Batman---THE RENAISSANCE!

11. buzuxi02

buzuxi02 Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    How about Adam West?

12. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    gurney, only a nerf herder would blame Bush for the Falcon not making the Kessel Run in a faster time. I mean, come on, let's be realistic.

13. Darth Bagel

Darth Bagel Contrarian by nature

Faith:
    Presbyterian
    This thread just became so much more awesome when Star Wars was added. Dare I say... Legen¬ówait for it¬ódary.

It's also Bush's fault that Frodo and Sam had to take the Ring through the Dead Marshes. [​IMG]

14. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    Cheney is the reason you never knew if it was wabbit season or duck season