Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I hate to say it, but sometimes when the cradle-Orthodox prove obstinate for our cause, I could really use the pep and zeal of some ex-evangelical converts. They seem to know how to spread the message and generate interest much better than me, having absolutely no experience in Church other than our little Orthodox parish.

just be patient and work with Father, if God wills it will be done. I am sure every large and active OCF started at one point with a small band who were determined, sometimes even just one person.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
@Halupkimonster, I totally wish to respect your privacy, so I asked because I am a District Coordinator for OCF in another region of the country. So I wanted to see if you could get an OCF started at your school and see if I could put you in touch with some people in Colorado who are working with OCF in various capacities. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I would like to say though that despite there not being an OCF at your school and not having Orthodox students enthusiastic about wanting to have an OCF, I'd like to very gently but strongly recommend that if you are able to attend a parish nearby, that you do not attend the RC group. I know that may not sound very "PC" or "ecumenical" for some on this board, but as you probably know, RC is not the same as us, despite the superfical similarities. I'd suggest you get the fellowship you need from a local Orthodox parish. Please do PM me so I can get you in touch with some folks

Upvote 0
H

HalupkiMonster

@Halupkimonster, I totally wish to respect your privacy, so I asked because I am a District Coordinator for OCF in another region of the country. So I wanted to see if you could get an OCF started at your school and see if I could put you in touch with some people in Colorado who are working with OCF in various capacities. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I would like to say though that despite there not being an OCF at your school and not having Orthodox students enthusiastic about wanting to have an OCF, I'd like to very gently but strongly recommend that if you are able to attend a parish nearby, that you do not attend the RC group. I know that may not sound very "PC" or "ecumenical" for some on this board, but as you probably know, RC is not the same as us, despite the superfical similarities. I'd suggest you get the fellowship you need from a local Orthodox parish. Please do PM me so I can get you in touch with some folks

Constantine,

thank you very much! I'm currently in contact with a few higher-ups in the CO OCF, and am working on this. :)

I go to school in my hometown, so I go to my home parish, but live on campus.

I know that I should probably not be so involved in the RC group. Having people who also believe in God and actually know what they're talking about is refreshing to me, however. I love student led Bible study. Besides, outside of religious events, these people have become my very best friends. Needless to say I'm conflicted about this.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Please do maintain those friendships! they are wonderful things and the friendships you make in college will be some of the best ones you'll have in your life!

please don't feel that if you decide to pull back your involvement that you have to change your relationships with your friends.

Please let me know if you'd like me to put you in touch with any OCF related people near you

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I am involved in the Roman Catholic club on campus. I have seen masses on EWTN, and they were beautiful. I'm finding these services to be very different.

Among others, this is a favorite hymn of the group when they host mass..You Never Let Go by Matt Redman - YouTube

Not my favorite.

Would Orthodoxy ever implement contemporary hymns in its services? I would think not, but I really didn't see this coming from the RCC, so I'm just curious.
Probably not but it doesn't mean we can't love liturgical music from other traditions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Constantine,

thank you very much! I'm currently in contact with a few higher-ups in the CO OCF, and am working on this. :)

I go to school in my hometown, so I go to my home parish, but live on campus.

I know that I should probably not be so involved in the RC group. Having people who also believe in God and actually know what they're talking about is refreshing to me, however. I love student led Bible study. Besides, outside of religious events, these people have become my very best friends. Needless to say I'm conflicted about this.
I'm part of a young adult Catholic meetup group and see nothing wrong with it. There's simply more Catholics than Orthodox thus more groups and opportunities to socialize in faith.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am involved in the Roman Catholic club on campus. I have seen masses on EWTN, and they were beautiful. I'm finding these services to be very different.

Among others, this is a favorite hymn of the group when they host mass..You Never Let Go by Matt Redman - YouTube

Not my favorite.
Never really been into songs by Matt Redman myself - even though many of my Protestant friends do enjoy it...

Upvote 0