Montreal, Quebec
✟9,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been around here much for the past few years and I noticed on the front page the theology and edification sections have (orthodox Christian only) next to the title... I was wondering in what sense do they mean that? I know it's not us because it's not a capital O in orthodox but if not us then what is their definition of an orthodox Christian? I know the word itself means believed by all people everywhere always, but what type of Christians do they mean that to exclude? I'm confused. Sorry if I didn't explain myself well.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do not know for sure, but I think CF probably means Christians in general agreement with the faith professed in the Nicene & Apostles' Creeds.
yes, if you agree with our statement of faith ( Which is the Nicene Creed you are orthodox.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
yes, if you agree with our statement of faith ( Which is the Nicene Creed you are orthodox.

Sounds right & I think it is best that a lower case "o" is in the general forum. I think some people thought maybe we pulled of some kind of coup when the "O" was capital.;)

Upvote 0