Orthodox Christian views of Freemasonry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's why I said "if you will". ;) Every priest I've spoken or read about concerning Freemasonry list it as a very serious sin and you are expressly forbidden to be a Freemason as an Orthodox Christian.

Oops, missed that. if I had read more carefully, I would have totally understood your intention with the "if you will" disclaimer. Sorry 'bout that. :)

Upvote 0

heart of peace

Aug 12, 2015
✟10,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have learned as an adult that my godfather is a freemason and he continues to be an active member in AHEPA and still claims to be Orthodox. I do not know how he is able to come to terms with being Orthodox and a Freemason though.

I have several other family members involved with Freemasonry. I realize what is so enticing about it --- it has an esoteric feel to it and it reaches "spritiual" depths that many people find to be missing in Chrisitanity. One family member I admired deeply was involved in a form of freemasonry that allowed women -- Le Droit Humain (obviously it is not part of the original organization that does not admit women). She made a strong case for how one can remain Christian and be a Freemason. Praise God that I have been able to distance myself from this person's delusional thoughts (this was one of many anti-Orthodox positions she held).

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

goldsquare.gif

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

QFT is a three-letter abbreviation with multiple meanings, as described below:

* Quantum field theory, the theory of quantum mechanics for field-like systems

* Quantum Fourier transform, a discrete Fourier transform

* Quantitative feedback theory

* Queen's Film Theatre, a cinema in Northern Ireland

* "Quoted For Truth" - "qft" is a label used on Internet forums when someone quotes a debated statement, thereby ensuring that the original statement can not be edited or deleted by the person being quoted. Later also used as a sign of agreement with another poster.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
QFT is a three-letter abbreviation with multiple meanings, as described below:

* Quantum field theory, the theory of quantum mechanics for field-like systems

* Quantum Fourier transform, a discrete Fourier transform

* Quantitative feedback theory

* Queen's Film Theatre, a cinema in Northern Ireland

* "Quoted For Truth" - "qft" is a label used on Internet forums when someone quotes a debated statement, thereby ensuring that the original statement can not be edited or deleted by the person being quoted. Later also used as a sign of agreement with another poster.

Congratulations, "Fount of All Knowledge..." you know how to use Wikipedia.

Just for your information, Wikipedia isn't always the most complete source of information.

Here's a couple more tidbits that you may find enlightening, from the Urban Dictionary:
QFT

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

Used on internet forums when quoting someone with similar views as yours.
QFT

QFT = Quoted For the Truth.
Is used after a quote.
States that you agree with this person.
Usually used on internet forums.
Learning something new is always a good thing, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Julina
Upvote 0

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What do you think the Pyramid with the all-seeing eye on the dollar bill is all about? What organisation does every American President, and most other presidents around the world belong to?

The most powerful leaders in the world are ALL 33 degree Masons!
The lower rungs (Which include the Round Table and Rotary Clubs ) all seem benign, but the higher they progress, the more evil they perpertrate.

When he eventually reveals himself, the Anti-christ will be one too, you can bet on that.

Wow, I never realized that there are so many and powerful people at that! I also did not realize that the rotary club was a mason order, hmm, that's something to think about...

Upvote 0

ClementofRome

Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity
May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The mountains of Appalachia are FULL of them......many (most?) Baptist pastors and the men of their congregations.....many (probably not most) Methodist pastors and the men of their congregations are Freemasons.

REAL LIFE CASE: A former admin asst of mine called me one day and told me that her husband (EMT) was offered an increase in position and money, but he would have to join the local Lodge. She asked me about it. All I could say was, run away.... As far as I know he did not join the Lodge..., but rest assured he did not get his promotion either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

Mikeb85

There are masonic texts that indicate freemasons worship something called "the great architect of the universe".

The "Great Architect of the Universe", concept sounds familiar... Oh yeah - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge

Demiurge -
1capitalized a: a Platonic subordinate deity who fashions the sensible world in the light of eternal ideas b: a Gnostic subordinate deity who is the creator of the material world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maybenotcrazy

Okay okay...
Sep 25, 2008
nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You know I've seen the eye on a small pyramid atop a staff at my church on a stain glass window. Does that have symbolism other than in freemasonry? Needless to say I was scared when I saw it. I trust the church though so I don't think it is freemasonry. Anyway, I'm curious about what all those symbols mean!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You know I've seen the eye on a small pyramid atop a staff at my church on a stain glass window. Does that have symbolism other than in freemasonry? Needless to say I was scared when I saw it. I trust the church though so I don't think it is freemasonry. Anyway, I'm curious about what all those symbols mean!!!!
There are Biblical passages re the "eye" or "eyes" of the Lord. Job 28:10, "He (God) cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and his eye seeth every precious thing."(KJV). Psalm 32:18 (Orthodox Study Bible) "Behold, the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy." (reads as eye in Psalm 33:18 of the King James version). It is probably not one of the better features in iconography (we have an eye icon in our parish & father tolerates it because it has been there for many years but is not fond of it). As far as freemasons, I have a couple of non Orthodox (& 1 non Christian) friends who are and they are peaceable white collar individuals. I want nothing to do with their fraternity since it is really religion (though they would say not). Freemasonry must be avoided but most freemasons probably are just members of a club fraternity.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.