✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gays are just like anyone else.
According to a survey of adults aged 20 to 59, women have an average of four sex partners during their lifetime; men have an average of seven. 28% of homosexual men had more than 1000 partners, 43% estimated they had sex with 500 or more partners, 83% of the homosexual men surveyed estimated they had had sex with 50 or more partners in their lifetime.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Such a horrible, horrible tragedy. My prayers are with all the victims and their families. The recent article I was reading where the son was texting his mother while hiding in the bathroom is really getting to me. I couldn't imagine.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to a survey of adults aged 20 to 59, women have an average of four sex partners during their lifetime; men have an average of seven. 28% of homosexual men had more than 1000 partners.
Context. Try not to cherry pick.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, but this is ( as far as I recall.) the first time they have targeted a place on such a scale based presumly anyway on the types of people likely to be there in that respect.
You make a good point. Before this it has generally been at places that had activities that would attract a variety of people.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You make a good point. Before this it has generally been at places that had activities that would attract a variety of people.
I mean I am not saying that ISIS did not do it, but the fact that it took place at a particular TYPE of place number one and moreover a particular TYPE of place that atracts a ( fairly) small segerment of society makes it different than prior attacks.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
... is wondering how some people claim to have special knowledge all the places that gay people have sex :O

I can tell you how I know what I know. My brother showed me a directory of the bathhouses that could be visited in trips around the country (he was a traveling salesman at the time.) Granted that was some time ago. My brother died of AIDS in 2003.
But obviously such places are just for casual sex and more and more gays are opting for committed relationships.

Upvote 0

willowsbible

Jun 11, 2016
Core County Galway
✟8,440.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I did read that he died. I skipped the part that went into his background and such, but did unfortunately catch his name. Personally, I believe that when we focus on the perpetrator in cases like this, they win because they got what they wanted, and so I intentionally try to focus on the victims and not them.
The victims are certainly priority. However, I think it a mistake to not recognize they were made victims of a terrorist attack and for a reason. The motive , as with any murder, is something to consider as to why innocent people were ripped from their life by the willful intention of another.

In this case it is of particular importance I believe because this was a mission that this terrorist was on. He wasn't a man he was a terrorist. Objectifying him as one with those he targeted makes him look human, and subject to pity. When it is the victims he gunned down and fully intended on slaughtering each and every one that are worthy of the pity. He was worthy of the bullet that found him after he tried to even kill those sent to stop him.

And his mission, which is important to recognize also, because he is not alone in this ideology, was terrorism dedicated to Al-Baghdadi. The current leader of ISIS. The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I mean I am not saying that ISIS did not do it, but the fact that it took place at a particular TYPE of place number one and moreover a particular TYPE of place that atracts a ( fairly) small segerment of society makes it different than prior attacks.

All we know at this point is that the shooter pledged loyalty to al-Baghdadi right before the attack. I think it unlikely that ISIS even knew about it beforehand.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
All we know at this point is that the shooter pledged loyalty to al-Baghdadi right before the attack. I think it unlikely that ISIS even knew about it beforehand.
If that is the case then it seems that this was no planned by any group, and at the end of the day comes down to a hate crime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If that is the case then it seems that this was no planned by any group, and at the end of the day comes down to a hate crime.
It can still be islamic terrorism as long as he believed he was acting as Islam directs.....does not have to be directly tied to a specific organization.......called self radicalization.....

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It can still be islamic terrorism as long as he believed he was acting as Islam directs.....does not have to be directly tied to a specific organization.......called self radicalization.....
Still though, it is clear that he either had no idea where he was going OR he targeted the place based on who was likely to be there. In that respect it is a hate crime.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhimmitude
The term was coined in 1982 by the Lebanese President Bachir Gemayel, who was later assassinated, in reference to perceived attempts by the country's Muslim leadership to subordinate the large Lebanese Christian minority. In a speech of September 14, 1982 given at Dayr al-Salib in Lebanon, he said: "Lebanon is our homeland and will remain a homeland for Christians… We want to continue to christen, to celebrate our rites and traditions, our faith and our creed whenever we wish… Henceforth, we refuse to live in any dhimmitude!"[1]

You realize that it was this Christian minority that was denying equal political rights to the majority Muslims at the time? Gemayel was responsible for the Black Saturday massacre of Palestinians and Lebanese Muslims. A year later he led an attack on a Palestinian refugee camp which left over a 1000 dead. This is what led to the Lebanese Civil War. And by the way, he was assassinated by another Maronite Christian, not a Muslim.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.