Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This song begins with a prayer from someone who is asking God to open his or her heart to receive God’s truth and to make him or her a servant, pure within. This individual has been drawn to Jesus by the Father, and has responded to that call. He or she desires to please God, to give him praise, and to allow the Spirit of God to transform all his or her ways. And, the individual acknowledges the fact that Jesus Christ died on a cross to save him or her from sin.

And, then we have the response from God: Repent of sin and be cleansed within. Obey all of Christ’s commands. Don’t let doubt and fear consume your life. Jesus cares for you, and he feels your pain. He is full of love, grace, kindness, tenderness and compassion towards us, yet he requires that to follow him we must die to our old lives of sin, be transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God, and we must put on our new lives in Jesus, “created to be like Christ in true righteousness and holiness” (See Ep. 4:17-24; Lu. 9:23-25).

He desires to have a relationship with us, not just to save us from sin so we can go to heaven one day. He wants daily communion with us, and for us to follow him where he leads us in showing us the plan he has for our lives. He asks that we bring our requests to him in prayer, that we lay our burdens at his feet, and that we trust him completely with our lives. Then we will know his comfort from above.

Open My Heart / An Original Work / July 2, 2013

“Be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil” (Rm. 16:19b).

Open my heart. Let Your truth in.
Make of me a servant, pure within;
Sing of Your praise all of my days.
Let Your Spirit transform all my ways.
Jesus Christ died on a cross to
Save me from my sin.
“Repent of sin. Be cleansed within.
Obey all of His commands today.”

“Why do you doubt? Why do you fear?
Jesus Christ will wipe away your tears.
He cares for you. He feels your pain.
Die to sin, and life with Him you’ll gain.
Follow Him where’er He leads you.
Talk with Him each day.
Then you will know what He has planned
For your life before your world began.”

“Come unto Me, weary in heart.
Let My love and grace to you impart.
Believe in Me. Trust in My care.
Take your burdens to the Lord in prayer.
He will meet all of your needs,
And give you peace within.
Rejoice in Him! Tell of His love.
He will give you comfort from above.”

http://youtu.be/fSbDg4rooyc

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that we are to go into all of the world and to make disciples of him of all nations, baptizing and teaching them to obey all that he has commanded us (See Mt. 28:18-20). He said that when the Spirit of God comes upon us, whom we receive when we believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and as Savior, we will be his witnesses throughout the world (See Ac. 1:8). He said that we are the light of the world; a city on a hill that cannot be hidden. We are, thus, to let our light shine before others, so that they may see our good deeds and glorify our Father in heaven (See Mt. 5:14-16). As well, we read in Ro. 10:14-15 (NIV):

“How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!’”

None of us should be negligent in sharing the full gospel of Jesus Christ with others, for it speaks to them the words of life. Jesus said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny himself (his self-life), take up his cross daily (die daily to sin and self), and follow (obey) him. He said that if we hold on to our old lives of living for self and sin we will lose them for eternity, but if we die to sin and self, we will gain eternal life. This is what we are to teach, calling others to turn from their sin, and to walk by faith in Jesus Christ their Lord.

Should I Not Preach Jesus
An Original Work / July 4, 2013

Based off 1 Corinthians 9:16-10:13

Woe to me should I not preach Jesus.
I’m compelled to preach the full gospel.
I make myself a slave to ev’ryone
To win their hearts to Christ.
All this I do for my Lord Jesus,
And for the sake of His Name;
Do it for the sake of His gospel,
So that I, its blessings gain.

Scripture notates the sins of others;
Written down for us as examples
To keep us from setting our hearts
On evil as did those of old.
Do not worship other gods of man;
Do not give your hearts to them;
Not partake in immorality.
Do not test your Lord and King.

So, be careful if you think you are
Standing firm in your faith in Jesus.
God has given his word to warn us,
So through faith we will not fall.
No temptation has o’ertaken you
Except what is commonplace.
God is faithful to not let you be
Tempted past what you can bear.
He gives the way of escape.

http://youtu.be/IP5DyclkEN0

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes in life we have questions for which we don’t have answers. Sometimes we pray and we can’t hear God speaking, i.e. he seems silent concerning our requests. And, so we cry out for him to hear us, even though we know he does, and for him to answer. Yet, he doesn’t always give us the answers we desire, nor does he explain all of his ways to us. He just says “Trust me.” “Believe me.” “Rest in me.” And, he reminds us that his ways are greater than our ways and his thoughts greater than our thoughts, i.e. he doesn’t think and work like we do. He has purposes for what we go through in this life beyond our human comprehension. We may even desire the right things, but he may have planned for us to go through injustice or heartache, and so he asks us to just trust him that he knows best.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight. – Pr. 3:5-6 (NIV)

Believe Him / An Original Work / July 15, 2013

My heart cries: Lord, won’t You hear me
Seeking You for the answers
To my heartache and questions
I have concerning my life?
Speak, Lord, to me right now.

“Oh, dear one, why don’t you trust Me
With your life’s circumstances?
Give your all on the altar
In submission of your will
To My purpose for you.

“Surrender your life completely
To your Lord and your Savior.
He has all things planned for you
For His glory and honor.
He’ll work all things for good.

“Believe Him. He will fulfill all
Of His promises to you
For your life and your future.
Trust Him. Rest in His love.
He’ll give you peace from above.”

Believe Him | Original Works

http://youtu.be/oQEWpZSrSVw

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After Jesus had died and had risen from the grave he appeared to his disciples multiple times. On one of these occasions he appeared to a small number of them while they were out fishing. The disciples came ashore, Jesus fed them breakfast, and then Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you (god-like) love me more than these?” He didn’t explain the “more than these,” but Peter may have understood what he meant. The point was that Jesus was asking him if he loved him more, truly more than any of “these.” Peter answered that he loved him with a friendship love, to which Jesus replied, “Feed my lambs” (spiritually feed his disciples). This happened again, and then the third time Jesus asked him if he (friendship) loved him, to which Peter once again affirmed his love and affection for his Lord. And, again the Lord said, “Feed my sheep” (followers). – See John 21

I believe Jesus Christ is still asking this question today, only to all of his followers: “Do you love me more than these?” The “these” can be anyone or anything in our lives which robs us of our time with God, our relationship with and obedience to him, and our walk in the Spirit in his righteousness and truth, forsaking all other "gods.” Jesus said that if we love him, we will obey his commands; and we will obey his teaching. His Father will love us, and they will come and make their home with us. Yet, if we don’t love him, we will not obey his teaching – See John 14. Then, John (in 1 John) said that we know we have come to know God if we obey his commands; and love for God is to keep his commands.

Do we love Jesus? Then we need to turn from our sins, follow him in obedience, do what he says, and take his gospel to the ends of the earth – all in the power of his Spirit within us.

Do You Love Me? / An Original Work / July 24, 2013

Do you love Me now?
Will you seek My face?
I have given you
My love and My grace.
Will you walk with Me
Ev’rywhere I lead?
Will you find in Me
All of what you need?

Won’t you meet with Me
Down upon your knees?
Will you obey Me,
And do what I please?
Will you hear My voice
Speaking now to you?
I am couns’ling you
To abide in truth.

I have died for you;
Taken all your sins –
Crucified with Me,
You have been forgiv’n.
I have set you free
From your slavery,
So that you can now
Live in victory.

http://originalworks.info/do-you-love-me/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Waiting on the Lord involves trusting in who he is, in his word, in his many promises, and in his power, sovereignty and grace in our lives to work out all things in our lives according to his plans and his purposes. Life doesn’t always make sense, and sometimes it may even seem unfair and unjust, yet God has a plan and a purpose for all things we go through in this life. He will give us all we need to make it through, and the wisdom and discernment to do what is right. We just have to trust him, and we have to rest in him.

The way in which we are able to do this is through abiding (remaining; being steadfast) in him and through having his words live within us. Our faith is not a religion, a ritual, or just a belief system, but it is a relationship with Jesus Christ. He asks of us, that we might be one of his followers, to die daily to sin and self, and to follow him in obedience (See Lu 9:23-25; cf. Ep. 4:17-24). Then he will live within us, and he will live out his life through us. And, in all that we go through in this life, he will fill us with his comfort, his peace and his healing.

Abide in Him / An Original Work / July 31, 2013

Based off Ps. 27:14; Is. 40:31; Jn. 14-15

If you wait for the Lord,
Put your hope now in Him,
He will give you His strength
And endurance within.
He will renew your strength,
So you will not lose heart.
You will soar on wings like eagles,
Never depart.

“If you abide in Me,
And My words live in you,
You will walk with Me daily
And follow what’s true.
I will live now in you;
Give you peace now within,
If you obey My teachings
And turn from your sin.”

“If you listen to Me,
And do all that I say,
I will give you My comfort;
Be with you always.
I will heal all your pain;
Life with Me now you’ll gain,
If in fellowship with Me
You always remain.”

http://originalworks.info/abide-in-him/

http://youtu.be/Yxo_8TANSX4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If these spiritual qualities of goodness, knowledge, self-control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection and love we possess, by the Spirit, and if they are increasing in measure in our lives, they will keep us from being ineffective or unfruitful in all practical knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ – in all intimacy of relationship, and in applied truths (obedience). In other words, if we supplement our faith with these qualities, we will live lives which are effective in testimony, service, character, relationship, lifestyle, and in result (fruit).

Nonetheless, if we lack these spiritual qualities (listed above), we are nearsighted (myopic) and blind. A nearsighted person in this sense is lacking in foresight, prudence, insight, precaution, discretion, wisdom and good judgment. And a blind person is unable, due to being nearsighted, or is unwilling to perceive or to understand his own spiritual condition. He is lacking in both purpose and good sense. A nearsighted (and blind) person will thus walk right into sin because he or she did not have the forethought, wisdom and discernment to guard his or her heart against it. He or she, thus, has not taken advantage of all that God has given to us by his divine power for life and godliness, but has instead decided to go his or her own way and to follow after his or her own evil desires.

Myopic / An Original Work / August 19, 2013

Based off 2 Peter 1:3-11

Jesus has given ev’rything
Needed for life and godliness.
His great and precious promises
Free us from our sin and distress.

Add to your faith His goodness;
Knowledge; patience; godliness;
Brotherly love and mutu’l affection;
Kindness and unselfishness.

If you possess these qualities,
Growing in your maturity,
They will keep you from vanity.
You will bear fruit effectually.

Nonetheless, if you lack them;
Forget you’ve been cleansed from sin,
Nearsighted are you; you can’t see Jesus.
You have closed your heart to Him.

Therefore, beloved, confirm, then,
Your calling and your election.
Do this by showing diligence:
Obey your Lord; be repentant.

Practice all these qualities
God provided on a tree.
He died for our sins so we’d be given
Life with Him eternally.

http://youtu.be/AzvQneTBgQk

http://originalworks.info/myopic/

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“And I saw what appeared to be a sea of glass mingled with fire—and also those who had conquered the beast and its image and the number of its name, standing beside the sea of glass with harps of God in their hands. And they sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying…” (Rev. 15:2-3 ESV)

“The third angel poured out his bowl into the rivers and the springs of water, and they became blood. And I heard the angel in charge of the waters say…” (Rev. 16:4-5 ESV)

“The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, to prepare the way for the kings from the east. And I saw, coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs. For they are demonic spirits, performing signs, who go abroad to the kings of the whole world, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty…” (Rev. 16:12-14 ESV)
Just Are You / An Original Work / August 26, 2013

Based off Revelation 15-16

Great and marvelous
Are Your deeds, O God.
Just and true Your ways,
King of all the earth.
Who will not fear You;
Glorify Your name?
You are righteousness.
Praise Your Name!

Just are You, O Lord,
Our Eternal ONE,
For You judge the earth
In Your righteousness.
They have shed the blood
Of Your righteous ones.
You give their reward.
They’re to blame!

Kings of all the earth
Gather, one accord;
Make haste to engage
In a mighty war.
They oppose the Lord
And His holy saints.
They serve wickedness,
To their shame!

Jesus comes again,
To some unforeseen.
Blessed are those who wait
For Him at the gate.
They’ll not be ashamed.
“Glad” be their refrain.
When He comes again,
He’ll remain!

http://originalworks.info/just-are-you/

http://youtu.be/5LVc0BRxBP4

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though we, as believers in Jesus Christ, are underneath the New Covenant relationship between God and his people – his church – it is still possible for us to sin, and for us to wander away from our pure devotion to Jesus Christ as our only Lord and Savior, and for us to have need to return to our Lord in faithfulness and in obedience, and in surrender to his will (See Rev. 2-3). Yet, even if we are faithless, God remains faithful to all his promises. Yet, we must be reminded that included in those promises is that he will bring divine correction and discipline upon those he loves, so we should be earnest and repent. If we humble ourselves before God in repentance and in choosing to follow his ways once again, he will renew, revive and he will restore us. And, that is hope! And, we can count on it!

There is also encouragement here for those who have labored in love in praying for the wayward church, in witnessing, speaking the truth in love, teaching God’s truths, loving with his love, and in preaching the full gospel message. Our labor of love will be rewarded, for God will discipline his wayward people and through divine discipline they will return to the Lord Jesus and he will restore them. Amen! This is a promise of revival! I rejoice!

Return to Me / An Original Work / September 5, 2013

Based off Jeremiah 31; Cf. Rev. 2-3

I have loved you with an eternal love,
Which I give to you, in my faithfulness.

Keep your voice from weeping,
And your eyes from tearing.
You will be rewarded
With much fruitfulness.

There is hope for you that My family
Will return to Me; live in victory!

Though I discipline in My love for you,
My heart longs for you that you walk in truth.

Turn your thoughts to your Lord.
Choose to walk in His ways.
Turn from your sins daily.
Follow Jesus Christ.

Oh, how long will you wander in your sin?
Give your hearts to Me; be restored within.

I will satisfy ev’ry weary soul
Who repents of sin; is renewed within.

Behold, days are coming;
It will surely happen;
Though I discipline them,
They will thrive again.

I will be their One and their Only God.
They shall walk in white; be in Me, made right.

http://originalworks.info/return-to-me/

http://youtu.be/91xBpsLAdZ4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all. ~ Isaiah 53:4-6
The Lord Jesus gave me this song as a four-part harmony hymn. My husband and I sang all four parts. Isaiah prophesied about Jesus’ life on this earth, his ministry, his death for our sins on the cross, and his gospel of salvation. You can read about it here: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2053&version=ESV

Who Believes? / An Original Work / October 3, 2013

Based off Isaiah 53

Gospel message, who believes?
Jesus Christ died on a tree,
Saving us from all our sin,
So we might be cleansed within.

Had no beauty found in Him,
That we should desire Him.
Man of sorrows, suffering;
Crushed for our iniquities.

Surely He has borne our griefs;
From our sadness, brings relief.
Bore the stripes; forsaken, He,
So forgiven we might be.

We, like sheep, have gone astray,
Each of us turned his own way.
Jesus calls, “Repent today;
My commandments, now obey.”

Jesus said, to come to him,
We must die to all our sin.
Crucified with Him, we live,
Walking in His righteousness.

Suff’ring servants, we will be,
Taking His identity on us,
When confessing Him
As our Savior, Lord and King.

http://youtu.be/T3tKS8IqU28

http://originalworks.info/who-believes/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love must be sincere, honest, truthful, and genuine, as opposed to being pretentious, disingenuous, fake or phony. True love, thus, speaks the truth in love and does not use false flattery, nor does it willfully deceive. In fact, it hates what is evil, mainly because of how evil destroys lives, homes, families, communities, church congregations and nations. Instead, it binds itself to what is good – wholesome, right, just, honest, pure and unadulterated.

It demonstrates respect for people, and it gives of oneself to meet the legitimate needs of others, self-sacrificially. It does good to its persecutors, and does not practice retaliation. It is not conceited. It seeks to do what is right by people. It works at trying to bring about reconciliation where an offense or discord has taken place, and it makes the effort to bring about peaceful solutions, where possible, to difficult situations.

True love is always hopeful. It prays for wisdom, understanding, guidance and direction. It seeks the good of others. It is continuous, persevering, and diligent in its zeal for the Lord and for his service. And, it is not overcome by evil, but it overcomes evil with good.

Love Must be Genuine / An Original Work

October 22, 2013 / Based off Romans 12:9-21

Love must be genuine.
Hate what’s evil; cling to good.
Love each other with affection.
Show respect for ev’ryone.
Never lack in your zeal.
Serve the Lord with diligence.

Rejoice in steadfast hope.
In affliction, patient be.
Keep on praying; share with others.
Practice hospitality.
Bless those who persecute.
Feel with others sympathy.

Be not filled with conceit.
Daily sit at Jesus’ feet.
Live in harmony with others.
Live at peace with ev’ryone.
Repay not to someone
With the evil he begot.

Do not take your revenge;
Leave it to the wrath of God.
If your enemy is thirsty,
Give to him something to drink.
Do what’s right for mankind.
Evil: overcome with good.

http://originalworks.info/love-must-be-genuine/

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are times in all of our lives when we feel particularly vulnerable, weak, tired, sad, confused, and hurt; rejected and/or alone, etc. It is in these times, especially, when we need to call upon our Lord to save us from ourselves; and to give comfort, encouragement, counsel, direction, strength, joy, miracles of his grace, hope and healing.

My Cry For Mercy / An Original Work / October 31, 2013

Based off Psalm 86

Hear my prayer, Lord, I am needy.
Guard my life, for I’m devoted to You.
Save me! I’m Your servant.
You are my God. I trust in You.

O, Lord, have mercy on me,
For I call to You.
Bring joy to me, for to You
I will lift up my soul.

You are giving and forgiving.
You abound in love to all who
Call upon You. Hear my prayer, Lord.
Listen to my cry for mercy.

In days of trouble I call to You,
Knowing that You will
Do marvelous things,
Because You are my God.

Teach me Your way; I’ll walk in it.
In Your truth, Lord, You will guide me.
A pure heart, Lord, You will give me,
So that I may glorify You.

Turn to me, Lord, and grant
Strength to Your servant.
O, Lord, You are my help,
For You love and You comfort me.

Teach me Your way; I’ll walk in it.
In Your truth, Lord, You will guide me.
A pure heart, Lord, You will give me,
So that I may glorify You.

http://youtu.be/dJZqdFY8z_Q

http://originalworks.info/my-cry-for-mercy/

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told Nicodemus that no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. When Nicodemus questioned how this could be done, Jesus answered him that people are born of the flesh when they are born from their mother’s wombs, but they must each also have a spiritual birth if they want to have eternal life with God. In other words, we must be reborn, not physically, but spiritually. Still Nicodemus did not understand, yet it was not for lack of knowledge. He knew the scriptures, and he taught the scriptures, yet he chose not to accept what he heard, i.e. he chose not to believe in Jesus Christ as the Messiah.

God the Father gave his Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins. Whoever believes in him will not perish, but will have eternal life. “Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already</SPAN>.” And, this is the verdict of the trial in God’s heavenly court: Jesus Christ, the Light, came into the world to save sinners, but people loved darkness instead of the Light because their deeds were evil. Those who practice evil hate the Light, and will not come into the Light for fear that their evil deeds will be exposed. But, whoever lives by the truth comes to the Light, “so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out by God.”

Unless You Are Born Again
An Original Work / November 3, 2013

Based off John 3:1-21

Nicodemus came to Jesus.
He acknowledged God was with Him.
Jesus said, “You can’t see heaven
Unless you are born again.”

“How can a man be born when he’s old?
Can he enter into his mother’s womb?”
Jesus answered, “Flesh is flesh,
So of the Spirit, you must be.”

Jesus said to Nicodemus,
“You’re a teacher, and yet you don’t
Understand of what I tell you,
Because you will not believe.

“For God so loved the world that He gave
His one and His only Son for your sin.
So, whoever believes in Him
Has eternal life in heav’n.

“Light has come into the world,
But human beings love the darkness,
Because their deeds are so evil,
So in truth, they stand condemned.

“Everyone who practices evil
Fears that the Light will expose his sin.
Yet, whoever lives his life by the Light
Does so through his God.”

http://youtu.be/mcEApwZjhtQ

http://originalworks.info/unless-you-are-born-again/

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that one of Satan’s greatest weapons against us is his lies and deceptions. Through the use of lies and deceptions, his objective is to get us to be afraid and to doubt God. As well, he wants us to question God’s sovereignty over our lives, his many promises to us, and his awesome grace, mercy, forgiveness, provisions, spiritual blessings, his unending love, and his continued presence with us. So, his goal, for one, is to get us to be afraid, to get our eyes off of Jesus, and to get us to look at our circumstances instead.

I believe this is why there are so many encouragements in scripture to not be afraid; to not fret; to not worry, but to put our trust and hope in God, and in God alone. As well, we are reminded much in scripture of all God’s provisions, protection, guidance, hope, counsel, encouragement, and blessings. Although he may not always protect us physically or even emotionally from persecution, sickness, injury, betrayal, etc., he promises to always be with us - to comfort, encourage, guide, direct and to teach us in the way we should go. So, we never have to be afraid, because our God will give us all we need to make it through every circumstance. He will carry us through, and he will bring us safely home to glory.

Give Me Courage, Lord
An Original Work / November 13, 2013

Based off Various Scriptures

Do not let your hearts grow weary,
For your work will be rewarded.
Be strong; let your hearts take courage.
Do not fear, but wait on Jesus.

Be strong and very courageous,
For your God will go before you.
Do not fear. He will not leave you.
Wait for Him. He’ll not forsake you.

Be careful to do what He says.
Do not turn away from your Lord.
Take courage! You’ll be His witness,
For God will guide and protect you.

So we are always encouraged.
We walk by faith and not vision.
We make it our aim to please Him,
So in Christ, we glorify Him.

http://originalworks.info/give-me-courage-lord/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many within the church of today have forsaken the Lord Jesus Christ. They may have a form of godliness, and they may even be fully involved in religious activities, but they deny and reject Jesus Christ by their lifestyles. They have even made idols for themselves in the form of public figures, sports, TV, games, possessions, houses, cars, careers, personal intellect and appearance, leisure activities, entertainment, and/or sinful pleasures, etc. And, so Jesus Christ is barely on their radar, forgotten altogether, or else he gets only an occasional passing nod here and there.

They run their own lives, and don’t inquire of the Lord or submit to his will for their lives unless they are in trouble, and then they expect him to come through for them. They have forgotten the Living Water which springs up like a fountain within those who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior, and they have chased after what can never satisfy. Some of them may never have truly trusted Jesus Christ with their lives, while others have, yet they have since wandered away and have gone after the things of this world. So, Jesus is calling for them to turn from their sin and their idols, and to surrender their all to Him.

Living Water / An Original Work / November 21, 2013

My people have forsaken Me,
Their Savior, who died on a tree;
Made idols, and they worshipped them;
So empty, they will ne’er fulfill.

Lord, You are the hope of Your chosen ones.
Those who turn away from You will be shamed;
The Spring of Living Water left behind.

Living Water satisfies.

The thirsty, let them come and drink;
Believe in Jesus as their King;
The gift of Jesus given them,
So they will never thirst again.

Indeed, the Living Water flows within.
It springs up like a fountain cleansing sin.
Eternal life in heaven promised them.

Living Water glorifies.

Oh people, won’t you come to Him?
Obey Him and repent of sin.
Let Jesus come and live within.
Surrender all your life to Him.

My people, won’t you turn your hearts to Me?
Forsake your idols and then you’ll be free.
Won’t you come now to Me on bended knee?

Living Water sanctifies.

http://originalworks.info/living-water/

http://youtu.be/3HlyE6Xthjk

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In James 4 it talks about fights and quarrels among God’s or all people because of hedonistic desires which rage (battle) within them. They fight, quarrel, kill and covet in order to feed and to satisfy their self-indulgent devotion to pleasure and happiness as a way of life. They seek self at the cost of others. They desire and choose pleasure over God. In today’s culture, which is extremely pleasure-driven, this is a serious problem. It is one which ruins entire households, breaks up marriages, and destroys our relationships with our Savior and God, Jesus Christ. And, it is epidemic in today’s world.

So, what should our response be to all this? What is the solution to this problem? The remedy for lives given over to selfish and pleasure-driven desire at the cost of all other relationships is to desire Jesus Christ, his love and mercy, his forgiveness, his restoration and renewal and a walk of faith in him that is undivided in loyalty and commitment, which puts Jesus first and which chooses to love others as we love ourselves or as Christ loves us.

Give Me Jesus
Oh, What Gladness!
An Original Work / December 2, 2013

Give me Jesus. He’s my Savior.
I’ll walk with Him in His favor.
I’ll abide in His love always;
Follow His ways to the end.

Jesus is the Son of God.
He died upon a cruel cross.
He’s forgiven all my failures
By His mercy and His love.

Give me Jesus – His compassion,
And His mercy; loving kindness.
Let Him teach me how to love Him,
And to please Him. He’s my friend.

Jesus died for all our sin
So we could have eternal life.
He will free you from your bondage
If you trust Him with your life.

Give me Jesus. Let me trust Him.
May I listen to His teachings.
May I follow where He leads me
In His service. He’s my Lord.

Jesus Christ will come again
To take His bride to be with Him.
Oh, what gladness; free from sadness
When I meet Him in the air.

http://originalworks.info/give-me-jesus-oh-what-gladness/

http://youtu.be/nxSTH8l1z8Q

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that when things are going well in our lives that it is easy to sing praises to God and to thank him for all his many blessings to us. Yet, when life kicks us and knocks us down; when severe trials come our way; when we are faced with great persecution and rejection from those we love, including from the family of God; when illness or heartache come our way; and/or when it seems there is no end in sight to these trials, it is then harder to give praise to God, though it is most necessary and healing at those times that we do. In fact, He gives us songs of praise and joy during these times to heal our wounded hearts and to soothe our troubled minds so that we get our focus off the temporal and onto Christ Jesus, our Lord, and to what is eternal, the salvation of human lives, and our worship of God.

We Will Sing! / An Original Work / December 4, 2013

Based off The Psalms

I will praise You, Lord, among all peoples.
I will praise You for all that You have done.
I called to the Lord, and He heard my cry.
He turned weeping into a song of joy!

I will sing praise to my Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God evermore.

I will praise You, Lord, for Your mighty works,
For Your love is great, reaching to the heav’ns.
O my Strength, I sing my praise unto You,
For Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

I will sing praise to my Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God evermore.

Shout with joy to God all who’re on the earth.
Say to God, “O how awesome are Your deeds.”
The redeemed sing praise to their Savior, King,
For He saved them all in His righteousness.

We will sing praise to our Lord all our lives;
We will sing praise to our God evermore.

We Will Sing! | Original Works

We Will Sing! - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many throughout the world are presently being severely persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ and for their testimonies for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Numerous saints of God are being martyred because they refuse to deny the name of Jesus Christ, they refuse to bow to the world’s system, and because they will not stop sharing the true gospel of salvation.

Jesus said we would be hated as he was hated, and that as he was treated, so would we be treated, if we are his true followers. So, this should not take us by surprise when this happens, and it will come to America, too, because scripture teaches us that in the last days this persecution will increase, and that the dragon will be enraged, as though he is not already, and he will purse Christ’s true servants and witnesses with hateful vengeance.

Yet, we are not to be afraid of those who can kill the body but who cannot kill the soul. We must believe that God is sovereign over all things - events and all people - and that nothing can enter into our lives outside of ourselves but what he allows it, and he has a purpose in it which will bring glory to his name, and many to saving faith in Jesus Christ. So, trust Him. Rest in His love. Believe Him that He will work it all for our ultimate good. Divine discipline is painful, but necessary in order to mature us, to purify us and to make us holy. We are not here on this earth for our own pleasure, but rather to honor and magnify our Lord God.

“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,
because he has come to his people and redeemed them.
69 He has raised up a horn of salvation for us
in the house of his servant David
70 (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago),
71 salvation from our enemies
and from the hand of all who hate us—
72 to show mercy to our ancestors
and to remember his holy covenant,
73 the oath he swore to our father Abraham:
74 to rescue us from the hand of our enemies,
and to enable us to serve him without fear
75 in holiness and righteousness before him all our days. ~ Lu. 1:68-75

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. ~ John 3:19-21

Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. ~ 1 Peter 3:13-17

Why Are You Afraid? / An Original Work / December 5, 2013

Do not be afraid.
Your Lord is always by your side.
Serve the Lord in righteousness
Before Him all your days.

Those who hate the light
Will not come to the Lord.
They fear their deeds
Might be noticed.
So, they hate the light,
And they embrace the night.

Do not be afraid,
Although your enemy attacks.
Dare to share your testimony
Of God’s saving grace.

Do not fear their threats,
But honor Christ, your Lord.
Be prepared to give an answer
For the hope you have,
With gentleness; respect.

Why are you afraid?
For all that’s hidden will be shown.
What I tell you, speak in daylight.
Let the truth be known.

Do not be afraid
Of those who’ll take your life.
Fear the Lord with understanding.
Trust Him with your life,
And give not up to strife.

Do not be afraid.
Take courage, it is I, your Lord.
Bow before Me; now adore Me.
Oh, why do you doubt?

Listen to the Lord.
Get up, and bear His name!
Run and tell the world He loves them.
Jesus came to save.
Give Him your all today.

Why Are You Afraid? | Original Works

Why Are You Afraid? - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,353,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that we are blessed (honored; commended) when we willingly endure persecution, false accusations, rejection and mistreatment for the sake of his name, and for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So, we should rejoice and be glad that we share in the fellowship of Christ’s sufferings. We will richly be rewarded in heaven.

He told us that if we follow him as his disciples that we will be treated as he was treated, and will be hated as he was hated, so we should expect that to happen if we want to live godly lives in Christ Jesus.

And, we should not be afraid of what humans may do to us. Jesus Christ will give us all we need to endure, to persevere, and to continue in our faith and in our testimonies for Christ. He will see us through even the darkest of times and bring us safely home to heaven. We just have to trust him, and not give way to fear. We, as well, must forgive our persecutors because Jesus Christ forgave us all our sin; and we should pray for them.

All Through the Night / An Original Work / December 7, 2013

Blessed are you when you’re persecuted
Because of your faith in Jesus Christ.
Blessed are you when people insult you,
And falsely say what leads folks to doubt.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is
Great in the heavens. You’re not alone.

When you are persecuted in one place,
Flee to another. God will be there.
You will be hated by all the nations
Because you testify of God’s grace.
Many will seize you and persecute you,
And put to death the foll’wers of Christ.

Yet, do not fear what humans may do to you,
For I’m with you all through the night.
I tell you, love your enemies with my love,
And forgive as I forgave you.
Pray for those who do evil against you.
Rest in my love and grace from above.

All Through the Night | Original Works

All Through the Night - YouTube

Upvote 0