Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of us, who call ourselves Christians today, may identify with one of these seven churches in Revelation more than another. Some of us may be ones who do a lot of the right things but we have forsaken our Lord because we are operating from the flesh and not from the Spirit of God. We may have a lot of things right, but we have not truly submitted our lives to our Lord Jesus Christ to walk in his Spirit and to deny our flesh. Others of us may be part of a church group where we know the leaders are teaching a false gospel, which gives people a license to participate in immorality, and yet we say nothing and do nothing, so by our silence we stand in agreement with the false hope they are giving to people and in agreement with them leading people into sin and to deny their Lord.

Some of us may give the appearance of righteousness, but really inside we are spiritually about to die or we are already dead, so what we present on the outside is just a façade. And, then some of us may be among those who are truly following Jesus Christ with our lives, and who are giving out the gospel of Jesus Christ so that others may know Christ in his fullness. We are among those who are being persecuted, accused falsely, gossiped about, rejected, mocked, criticized and perhaps even killed for our faith in Christ. These letters were written to encourage, to give hope, to exhort and to warn us, as well as to call many to repentance and to renewed faith and testimony for Jesus Christ, our Lord.

The Letters / An Original Work / December 17, 2013

Based off Revelation 2-3

To the angels of all the churches write:
These are the words of your Lord and your God.
I know all your deeds, and your witness, too,
And who holds to My words and tells what’s true.
I know all your hard work and your perseverance,
Yet I hold against you: you’ve forsaken Me.
Listen to what I say to you.

You have people there who deny My name,
And who put the cross of Christ up to shame.
They entice the people to Me, profane,
And their worship of Me is all in vain.
They are so adult’rous as they chase their idols,
And you put up with them easily enough.

You give off an image of godliness,
But what you present is so fraudulent,
Or else you lack passion for Jesus Christ,
So you look to others to tell what’s right.
I say turn from your sin, or you will face judgment.
He who overcomes will have eternal life.

I know your afflictions and poverty;
How you suffer for your Lord patiently.
Do not fear the devil and company.
You be faithful to your Lord endlessly.
I know all your weakness and your dedication.
You have kept My Word and not denied your Lord.
I will write on you My new name.

The Letters | Original Works

The Letters - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I was writing the words to this song, as the Lord Jesus was giving them to me, I was picturing in my mind the persecuted church throughout the world either in prison or in hiding, singing songs of praise to their God for his great salvation. I pictured that the night truly symbolized a time of great trouble and hardship to come upon the church, and so the church was lifting holy hands in prayer and in praise to their Lord despite their difficult circumstances. I also pictured that among them were new believers in Jesus Christ who were freshly praising their Lord for their newfound freedom in Christ. Oh, how glorious!

Songs in the Night / An Original Work / December 18, 2013

“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God,
And the other prisoners were listening to them.” Acts 16:25 NIV ‘84

Lord, I praise You forevermore.
You, my Savior, I now adore.
Hope in heaven awaiting me,
Because You died at Calvary.

I have been forgiven,
And I’m bound for heaven.
Jesus set me free from
All my sin, I say.
I will praise Him always!

Lord, I love You for all You’ve done:
Overcame death, my vict’ry won!
Jesus saved me, and now I’m free!
I rejoice in His love for me.

I will walk in vict’ry!
My sin is but hist’ry!
I am free to please Him
With my life today.
I will love Him always!

Lord, I thank You for giving me
A new life bought at Calvary.
Loving Jesus, I meet with Him.
Tender mercies now flow within.

Lord, I am so thankful;
Through my Lord, I’m able
To sit at His table;
Fellowship with Him.
I will thank Him always!

Songs in the Night | Original Works

Songs in the Night - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ, God the Son, came to earth, took on human flesh, suffered as we suffer, and was tempted as we are tempted, yet without sin. He was despised and rejected of humankind, a man of sorrows and familiar with suffering. He was crucified on a cross, although he had done no wrong. When he died, he crucified our sins with him, burying them with him. Then he rose from the dead, triumphant over hell, Satan, death and sin. He did all of this for the people of the world because he loves us so very much.

He was our sacrificial Lamb who shed his blood on a cross so we could be free from slavery to sin, free to walk in his righteousness and holiness, and so we could have eternal life with him in glory. All this is ours when we receive Jesus Christ’s invitation to his great salvation by faith in him, via turning from our lives of living for self and sin, by being transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God, and by turning to God in humility, submission and surrender to his divine will and purpose for our lives. All this is the working of the Spirit of God in our lives as we yield the control of our lives over to him.

Courageous! / An Original Work / December 24, 2013

Based off Various Scriptures

The Word of God throughout taught.
Some people heard, but did doubt.
Still others had faith in Christ.
By grace He purified them.

They turned from sin
And they obeyed Christ.
He opened up their blinded eyesight;
Turned them from darkness
To the true Light;
Forgave their sin by His might.

He strengthened them in their faith.
He said, “Remain my faithful.”
He called them to obedience.
By faith, they were so grateful.

By faith, they were to follow Jesus;
To daily sit and listen to Him;
To have such faith that
Could move mountains;
To love those whom He gave them.

Be on your guard; courageous.
Stand firm in faith. Be thankful.
Take up the shield of your faith;
Protect against all evil.

Do not move from
The hope that you have.
Continue in your faith in Jesus.
Hold to the truth
With a clear conscience.
Endure with perseverance.

COURAGEOUS! - YouTube

Courageous! | Original Works

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ, God the Son, came to earth, took on human flesh, suffered as we suffer, and was tempted as we are tempted, yet without sin. He was despised, rejected, persecuted, abandoned, denied, betrayed, beaten, mocked and killed, although he had done no wrong. God made him who knew no sin to be sin for us so that we might be saved from sin and have eternal life with Him in glory. Jesus crucified and buried our sin with him, and then he rose from the dead in victory over Satan, death, hell and sin. He did this so that you and I might be free from sin, spiritually healed, freed to walk in his holiness and righteousness, and freed from eternal punishment in hell.

We can do nothing to earn or to deserve such a great salvation. It is a free gift to us by God’s grace through our faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of our lives. Yet, he did this so that we might die to our sin and live for his righteousness. The grace of God teaches us to say “No to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age (Titus 2:12). Jesus Christ, by His Spirit within us, will counsel, direct, guide and instruct us in the way of Christ’s righteousness, as well as he will empower and equip us, and he will give us all we need to live upright and godly lives. As well, because he loves us, he regularly disciplines us for our good, to mature us in our walks of faith, to teach us perseverance, and to draw us close to him, yet he will also heal. Amen!

Praise Be Told! / An Original Work / December 28, 2013

He was pierced for our transgressions.
He was crushed for all our sin.
Our chastisement was upon Him.
By His stripes, we now are healed.

He has witnessed all our trials,
And the sins we choose to wear.
Yet, while we were dead in our sin,
Jesus died, our sins to bear.

He himself bore all of our sins
In His body on a cross,
So that we might die to our sin,
And live for His righteousness.

By faith in the pow’r of Jesus
And His blood shed for our sins,
We can be forgiven our sin,
And have life with God in heav’n.

He will lead us and He’ll guide us
In the way that we should go.
He will comfort and protect us,
Because Jesus, we do know.

Though He disciplines for our good,
He will heal us – Praise be told!
Do not fear, your Lord is with you.
Just have faith in Christ your Lord.

Praise Be Told! | Original Works

Praise Be Told! - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I updated this song because some of the phrases did not fit well with the music the way I had them, so here is the updated version:

Courageous! / An Original Work / December 24, 2013

The Word of God throughout taught.
Some people heard, but did doubt.
Still others had faith in Christ.
By grace He purified them.

They turned from sin
And they obeyed Christ.
He opened up their blinded eyesight;
Turned them from darkness
To the true Light;
Forgave their sin by His might.

He strengthened them in their faith.
He said, “Remain my faithful.”
He called them to obedience.
By faith, they were so grateful.

By faith, they were to follow Jesus;
To daily sit and listen to Him;
To have such faith
That mountains could move;
To love those whom He gave them.

Be on your guard; courageous.
Stand firm in faith. Be thankful.
Take up the shield of your faith;
Protect against all evil.

Do not move from
The hope that you have.
Your faith in Jesus let it endure.
Hold to the truth;
Your conscience be clear.
Endure with perseverance.

COURAGEOUS! - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think some of us or all of us at times get fearful when those who do evil succeed in their plans, and it is because we are not trusting in the Lord, and we are not resting in him; and/or it is because we believe somehow that evil can trump God, but it cannot! Our God and Lord Jesus Christ is far above all rule and authority, power and dominion. God the Father has placed all things under Jesus’ feet. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. In everything he has the supremacy. Amen! He is the ruler of God’s creation; the head over every power and authority; and all angels, authorities and powers are in submission to him. Praise God! [See: Eph. 1:15-23; Col. 1:15-20; Rev. 3:14; Col. 2:9-10; & 1 Pet. 3:21-22.] In that we can rest secure, knowing that God rules supreme over all.

So, instead of fretting over what evil people do or even over what appears to be as though they have succeeded in their evil ways, we should place our trust in the Lord, and he will give us his peace. We should find our delight in him even when all hell is breaking loose all around us. And, we should commit our ways into his capable, powerful and loving hands, waiting on him, keeping his ways, delighting in his word, and believing that he hears our cries for mercy, and that he will sustain us and will give us strength and grace through it all. And, we should continue to give him all honor, praise and glory and never ever give up!

I Do Not Seal My Lips / An Original Work / January 13, 2014

Based off Psalms 37, 40

Do not fear when evil man
Has success in all their plans,
For like grass they’ll wither soon.
They’ll be cut off from the land.

Trust in the Lord and He’ll give you peace.
Find your delight in Him through all stress.
All of your ways commit unto Him.
All your desires from Him He’ll fulfill.

Wait for the Lord; keep His way.
Delight in His Word always.
He’ll be with you to the end;
Life eternal found in Him.

I waited patiently for my Lord.
He turned to me, and He heard my cry.
He set my feet on the Solid Rock.
He gave to me a firm place to stand.

Blessed are we, who trust the Lord,
Who do not turn to false gods.
Our desire’s to do God’s will.
His word is within our hearts.

I will proclaim salvation to man.
You put a new song now in my mouth.
I’ll not withhold your love and your grace.
I’ll speak forevermore of your truth.

I Do Not Seal My Lips | Original Works

I Do Not Seal My Lips - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord Jesus gave me this song to encourage my heart. Life, as we all know, has its ups and downs. Some days are better than others. Things don’t always go the way we would hope or desire. We get sick. We get hurt. We have communication and relationship difficulties. We make bad judgments sometimes, and we pay the natural consequences. We experience loss, rejection, misunderstandings, etc., and sometimes we shed many tears. As we grow older, our minds are not as sharp as they once were, and we begin to slow down. We don’t multi-task as well as we once did. We have more aches and pains.

In all these trials and difficulties of life, or even in just some of the minor inconveniences of change, aging, or slight misfortune, for those of us who are in Christ Jesus, we can be assured that God is with us, he is watching over us, he will help us, comfort us, lead and guide us, and we will forever be kept in his love and care. We just need to trust the Lord, believe that he cares about us, know that he will never leave us, that he is our friend, and that he will supply all we need to get through these difficult times.

His Tender Mercies / An Original Work / January 26, 2014

Fear not! I’m with you.
Be not dismayed!
God watches o’er you.
Trust Him today.
He’ll lead and guide you;
Give you His aid.
He’ll love and keep you
With Him always.

Walk in His footsteps.
He’ll lead the way.
Trust in His love;
Believe that He cares.
He will not leave you.
Faithful He’ll be.
His tender mercies
Now you will see.

Fellowship with Him
Throughout the day.
Tell Him your heartaches.
He’ll heal always.
Rest in His comfort.
He is your friend.
Your faith He’ll strengthen,
True to the end.

His Tender Mercies - YouTube

His Tender Mercies | Original Works

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love my Lord God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is my Rock and my salvation. Jesus gave his life as a ransom for all people so that we could be forgiven our sins and could have the hope of eternal life with God in heaven. Yet, he did not die just so we could go to heaven one day, but so we could be free from the control of Satan and sin over our lives while we walk the face of this earth; and so we could be free in the power and strength of the Spirit of God within us to walk in His righteousness and holiness all our days. Amen!

It is by God’s grace, through faith, that we are saved. The way we come to know Christ, by faith, is by submitting, yielding and surrendering to the work of God’s grace in our hearts, and by allowing and cooperating with the Spirit in his work of transformation in our lives. God will never force his will upon us. We must choose to accept his work of grace in our lives, and we must choose to follow our Lord Jesus Christ wherever he leads us.

He Reached Down / An Original Work / February 3, 2014

Based off Psalm 18

How I love You, Lord,
My Rock and my strength.
My God is my fortress;
I hide in Him.
He is my shield and the horn of
My salvation, whom I praise.
I have found my refuge in Him.

He reached down from heaven
And rescued me;
Drew me out of waters
So deep, I’d sink.
He delivered me from Satan
And my slavery to sin;
Gave me hope of heaven with Him.

My God turned my darkness
Into His light;
Opened up my blinded eyes;
Gave me sight.
As for God, his way is perfect.
He gives strength to stand secure.
I have found my vict’ry in Him.

My Lord lives!
Praise be to my Savior God,
Jesus Christ, who died
On a cruel cross.
He is my Rock and the source
Of my salvation, whom I trust.
I will give praise always to Him.

He Reached Down | Original Works

He Reached Down - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes in life we face situations that are difficult to handle or even to comprehend. We get hurt, sad, frustrated, impatient, and/or confused, etc., longing for the day when God will intervene on our behalf or on the behalf of those we love, and/or when our circumstances will begin to make sense, and/or when our complicated state of affairs will change for the better. It is hard to understand, at times, why it seems that God chooses to take so long to act. The prophets of old, and the psalmists, too, often lamented God’s seeming slowness to move in a way that seemed right to them.

Yet, we know that God’s timing is always perfect. He is never late. He is always right on time. We know, as well, that he is absolutely sovereign over all things, and that all things are under his control (rule; authority), so we can rest secure in knowing that he has a purpose, and that he will work all things out for good for those of us who love God and who are called according to his purpose (See Eph. 1:20-23; Col. 1:15-18; and Rom. 8:28).

The Bible also says that God is not slow in keeping his promise, as some consider slowness, but he is patient, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (See 2 Pet. 3:9). So, we believe in his promises, we rest in his love, and we wait for his perfect timing. We keep on loving, forgiving, and serving in His power and strength within us, and we never, ever give up! He will supply us with all we need to endure.

Wait! / An Original Work / February 8, 2014

Wait for your Lord. Be of courage.
Be strong, and take heart today.
God is always watching o’er you.
Trust Him with your life always.

Sing of your Lord. Praise His blessings.
Believe in His sovereignty.
He delivered you from your sin;
Gave you life eternally.

Rest in your Lord. Know His promise.
Beneath His wings rest secure.
Your God has a plan and purpose.
Let your faith in Him endure.

Trust in your Lord. He’ll not leave you,
Because He is faithfulness.
He will lead and guide; protect you.
In His love you can find rest.

WAIT! - YouTube

WAIT! | Original Works

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many people in this world who are walking in spiritual darkness. Sin has dominion over their lives. They are in slavery to the passions of their fleshly desires. They cannot please God. They have no hope for life everlasting with God, their creator and Savior.

Yet, Jesus Christ died on a cross to save them. He crucified and buried our sins with him, and then he rose from the grave in victory over sin and death. He did this so we might be forgiven our sins, and so we might have eternal life with God in heaven; so we could be set free from the burden of sin, and so we could walk in victory in the Spirit of God within us.

The way we come to know him is by receiving his free gift of salvation by faith, submitting to the work of the Spirit in transforming our hearts away from the darkness of sin to walking in the light of Jesus Christ and his love.

He Lifted Our Burdens / An Original Work / February 15, 2014

Based off Isaiah 9:2-7

People walk in darkness.
They abide in their sin.
It has power o’er them.
True belief escapes them.

Jesus Christ came to save them.
He gave His life up for them;
Crucified; died for our sin,
So we might be forgiven,
And have life up in heaven.

Many come to know Him.
God’s love now o’erflows them.
They rejoice in vict’ry.
Their sin is but hist’ry.

We were once bound in slav’ry.
Jesus lifted our burdens;
Set us now free from Satan,
So we now walk in freedom.
Sin has no more dominion.

Praise be to our Savior!
He showed us His favor.
He took all our burdens;
Cast them all upon Him.

He is our mediator;
The Light which shines in darkness.
Counselor in our troubles;
He gives peace now in our hearts;
Joy which is everlasting.

He Lifted Our Burdens - YouTube

He Lifted Our Burdens | Original Works

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Christ’s followers, we are not to be followers of humans, but followers of God. We are not supposed to turn to human beings for help, guidance, counsel and direction in place of Jesus Christ, especially while ignoring the counsel of scripture, making humans our gods. And, we are not to form alliances (yokes; partnerships) with this sinful world, or with the people of this sinful world, because there is no fellowship between light and darkness, and because God has commanded us to come out from the ways, philosophies, teachings, culture, thinking and behaviors of this sinful world, and to be separate, holy unto God and to his service. And, we are to put our trust in Christ, not in our own human reasoning and understanding. In all our ways we are to acknowledge God, and he will direct our paths.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. Rom. 8:12-13

ONLY IN HIM / An Original Work / February 19, 2014

Based off Isaiah 30

Woe to those who look to man’s help;
Who turn away from Jesus Christ;
Forming an alliance not in step with God;
Making their own plans, and praying not.

Willing not to listen to truth,
They close their ears to what is right.
Pleasing words are all that they’ll hear;
Feel good messages that bring cheer.

Trust in your Lord; turn from your sin.
Put your faith now ONLY IN HIM.
Do not turn to idols. They’ll not satisfy.
Jesus will save you. That’s why He died.

Your Lord will be gracious to you.
He cares all about you, ‘tis true.
He forgives you all of your sin
When you give your life up to Him.

Oh, how truly gracious He’ll be
When you bow to Him on your knees;
Turning now from your sin; walking in his ways.
He’ll lead and guide you all of your days.

Now you will sing praises to Him.
He delivered you from your sin.
You’ll tell others now of His grace,
So they may see Christ face-to-face.

Only In Him | Original Works

ONLY IN HIM - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord Jesus gave me this song today to encourage my heart. We have so many different voices speaking to us at various times – our own inner voice, Satan, the world, friends, family, church, our pasts, etc., in addition to the voice of the Holy Spirit within us. Sometimes it takes much spiritual discernment through prayer to sort out what voice is speaking, especially when it is something that is not obviously against God and his word. Other times we may find ourselves listening to other voices, including our own, without even realizing we are doing that, and we may even begin to believe those other voices inside our heads without even being consciously aware we are doing so. So, when these other voices speak their messages into our hearts, we need to discern their source, reject the lies, put on the truth, and hear what the Lord says, because what he says is true.

What the Lord Says / An Original Work

February 24, 2014 / Based off Isaiah 43:1-44:5

This is what the Lord says to you:
Fear not, for I have chosen you.
I have summoned you by your name.
You are mine. I died, you to save.

When you go through your trials, so deep,
I will be with you; you will not sink.
You are so precious always to me.
Trust in your Lord, Savior and King.

He who gave salvation to you;
Who delivered you from your sin;
Takes your burdens now upon Him:

Forget the former things of your life.
Give of your heart not now up to strife.
See all the new things I have for you.
Walk in vict’ry. Trust in what’s true.

He who made you; who will help you:
Do not fear what humans may do.
Walk in freedom. Follow what’s true.

Drink of my Spirit given for you.
Trust in my mercy, for I love you.
I have a plan for all of your life.
Follow my ways. Do what is right.

What the Lord Says | Original Works

What the Lord Says - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a call to arise (get up; stand up), be steadfast and persistent, and to let our lights (Jesus Christ; our salvation; the gospel; purity; and truth) shine forth from us, so that those outside of faith in Jesus Christ may come to him and to know his saving grace.

We may need this call because we have recently failed in our relationships with God and/or with others, and although we have repented, we may feel unworthy to be his servants and witnesses again. Also, we may require this exhortation because we are complacent about the fact that so many are dying without Christ and are going to hell, and/or because we are unconcerned for the spiritual condition of God’s people, and so God is saying “Wake up!”

Or, this gentle encouragement may be necessary because we are disheartened over seeing so many lost without Christ, and over seeing the church in such a serious state of spiritual adultery and idolatry with no apparent end in sight; and/or because we have suffered much persecution, rejection and abandonment for our testimonies for Jesus Christ, and so sometimes it is just hard to stand when you feel as though you are often standing alone against the giants of doubt and fear, oppression and strong opposition.

Yet, this is to encourage our hearts that God has all things under his control, that he will not abandon us, that he has a plan and a purpose for our lives, and for all we are going through, and he will work it all out for the salvation of human lives and for the revival of his church, and we should thus rest in his promises, in his love, and in his sovereignty.

Arise and Shine / An Original Work
March 6, 2014 / Based off Isaiah 60

Arise and shine; your Lord has come.
Allow His light to flow through you,
For many walk in wickedness.
Show them the way to life anew.
Arise and shine. Your Lord loves you.

Lift up your eyes, and look about.
Some do believe, while others doubt.
Believe in all God’s promises.
The many will, In Christ, find rest.
Lift up your eyes, and you’ll be blessed.

Arise and shine; salvation comes
To all who trust in Christ, God’s Son.
Forgiven of their sins, they’ll be,
When they repent on bended knee.
Arise and shine, so all will see.

Lift up your eyes, and see your Lord.
He will revive his church, forlorn.
Though humans have forsaken you,
They will find Christ, and walk in truth.
Lift up your eyes; God honors you.

Arise and Shine | Original Works

Arise and Shine - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the very beginning of creation God has put within mankind the knowledge of God. God made himself known through his created works. When we look at the sun, the moon, the stars, the heavens above us, the trees, flowers, birds of the air, the sea, and man, we can see God, not that God exists within all of his creation, but rather that his creation reveals his divine character, being understood through what he has made. We see all his beauty, his love and his power, etc., so that mankind is without excuse, even though he may claim he did not know there was a God who created all this. It is not that mankind does not know, but rather that he chooses to suppress what he does know about God, exchanging the glory of God for an image in the form of corruptible man, etc. (See Romans 1:18-23 NASB)

So, the heavens above proclaim to mankind that we must give God the glory, and we must honor his name as holy. He has given man a free will to choose him or to not choose him. If we choose to live in the image of corruptible man, in which we were born into sin, we will die. But, if we choose, by God’s grace, through faith, to exchange the corruptible man for the glory of God, i.e. to accept God’s invitation to his great salvation, then we will live. He will light our lives with his righteousness, give us his wisdom, refresh our souls, and give joy to our hearts through his pure and enduring word, which is more precious than gold. When we keep his word, we receive great spiritual rewards. So, we should pray that we would continue in Christ, in keeping his word, and that we would not allow sin to rule our hearts ever again, so that we may walk in all of his ways from this day on and forever more.

Give God the Glory / An Original Work
Based off Psalm 19 / March 10, 2014

All of creation now proclaims:
“Give God the glory; honor His name!”
Each day the stars in heav’n above
Show forth His wisdom; tell of His love.

They do not speak. They have no voice.
Yet, they declare we have a choice:
“Worship the God of heav’n above;
Believe in Jesus; trust in His love.”

God’s word is perfect, just and good,
Refreshing souls who trust in the Lord;
Makes wise the simple; radiant -
Lighting our lives with God’s righteousness.

Joy to the heart His words now speak;
Pure and enduring, now we seek.
They are more precious than our gold;
Sweeter than honey; never grow old.

Keeping the word brings great reward.
By the word Jesus speaks and He warns,
Convicting hearts of all their sin;
Forgiving all who call upon Him.

Praying You keep me, Lord, from sins.
May they not rule my life again.
Then will I walk in all Your ways,
Following Jesus all of my days.

Give God the Glory | Original Works

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ~ Gal. 2:20 NIV

I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. ~ Phil. 3:10-11 NIV

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. ~ Ro. 6:22 NIV

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. ~ 1 Jn. 3:2-3 NIV

To Be Like Him / An Original Work
March 16, 2014 / Based off Scripture

Crucified you are with Jesus.
To be like Him, oh, you’ll be,
Because He died at Calv’ry,
So from sin you’d be free.
Oh, what joy He brings into your life,
Giving life with Him endlessly.

Oh, what plans He has for your life.
Share the gospel faithfully.
Show the people He loves them.
Now His witness you’ll be.
Tell the world of sin about Jesus,
How He died for them on a tree.

Purifying hearts, He saves them,
Who believe on Christ, God’s Son.
Turning now from their idols,
New lives they have begun.
Jesus saves from sin; we’re forgiven.
Over sin, the vict’ry He won!

When He comes again to take us
To be with Him evermore,
There will be no more crying.
Gladness will be in store.
Heavens joys will now overtake us:
We’ll be with our Lord evermore.

To Be Like Him | Original Works

To Be Like Him - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“In him we have redemption” (salvation; deliverance from sin) “through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us” (Eph. 1:7-8a). “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more” (Heb. 8:12). “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 Jn. 1:9). “Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out” (Ac. 3:19).

“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Heb. 4:15-16). “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one” (2 Thess. 3:3).

“But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh” (Gal. 5:16). “…be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Eph. 5:18b-20).

I Sing of His Mercy / An Original Work

Based off Psalm 32 / April 10, 2014

Blessed are those whose sins are forgiven
By the blood of Jesus Christ.
Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does
Not count against them; freedom found.
When, in silence, I did not confess
My sin to You; had no strength.
Then I owned up to my sin and
You forgave and cleansed me within.

Therefore let the godly pray to You;
Draw near to You; grace they’ll find.
They will not be o’ertaken by afflictions,
But in Christ peace abounds.
Lord, You are my hiding place.
I find my refuge in You secure.
You protect me from all evil.
You give songs of vict’ry in You.

Lord, You teach me to walk in Your ways;
Counsel me in love, I know.
Help me to not be stubborn and
Unwilling to follow in Your truth.
Thank You for Your love and mercy.
I put my trust in You always.
I rejoice in my Lord and
I sing of Him throughout all my days.

I Sing of His Mercy | Original Works

I Sing of His Mercy - YouTube

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before Jesus left this earth to go back to heaven to be with the Father he left a command for all of his disciples to follow (see Matt. 28:18-20). We are go! We are to make disciples (followers of Christ) of all nations. We are to baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. And, we are to teach them to obey all things Jesus Christ has commanded us in his word. And, he is with us always.

He also told them that when the Holy Spirit came upon them that they were to be his witnesses throughout the world (See Ac. 1:8). When we receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of our lives, we receive his Holy Spirit within us, and we are to be Christ’s witnesses everywhere he sends us.

Not unlike Paul, he is sending us to open the eyes of the blind and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God so that they can receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are being sanctified and made holy in Christ Jesus, our Lord. We are to proclaim freedom for those captive to sin, and the light of the gospel to all who are spiritually blind. We are ministers of our God.

Your New Life / An Original Work
Based off the Gospels / May 15, 2014

Go and make disciples of peoples,
Teaching them to obey their Savior.
Do not fear, but go where He sends you.
Tell them all of what you have heard.

The kingdom of God now is upon you.
Come, and follow Jesus, your Lord.
He will make you fishers of man.

If the people Jesus desire,
They must die to sin and to self-life.
If they want to hold on to their lives
They will lose them forevermore.

Surely you heard that coming to Christ
Means a new life in Jesus, your Lord.
Follow Christ wherever He leads.

Love the Lord with all of your heart, and
Love your neighbors as you would yourself.
Preach the gospel to all the nations.
Do not worry what you will say.

Proclaim the freedom for all the captives.
Share the light with all who are blind.
You are ministers of our God.

Your New Life | Original Works

Your New Life - YouTube

Upvote 0