✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"GMO Poison - Ticking Time Bomb"
Tell you what. You get the bibliography from that movie, and I'll look over anything published in a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Because at this point, the scorecard on documentaries I've seen this year that were complete crap vs. those that weren't is something like 5:0.

...Or, alternatively, you could at least pretend to know anything about source analysis and not cite Gary Null. Wasn't there a rule about that? Like, does Scopie's Law apply here?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tell you what. You get the bibliography from that movie, and I'll look over anything published in a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Because at this point, the scorecard on documentaries I've seen this year that were complete crap vs. those that weren't is something like 5:0.

...Or, alternatively, you could at least pretend to know anything about source analysis and not cite Gary Null. Wasn't there a rule about that? Like, does Scopie's Law apply here?

Actually the food battle, conventional vs organic, started long before GMO's came on the scene. What GMO's have done is to cement, in the minds of a growing number of people, the need to return to, and to improve, the time honored methods of food production.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I think GMO (and DNA) is a hoax. It's easy to get the world to believe in GMO.

Instead, I think we should worry about pesticides.
bn712-bt_cotton_chomp1.jpg

And sure, you could claim that that photo is manipulated, or that they secretly sprayed the crops, but the nice thing is, you can do this experiment yourself. Plant two rows of cotton - one row of this "phony" Bt cotton you think is a hoax, and one row of standard heirloom cotton. Then get some bollworms and apply them to both rows. Don't apply any pesticides. You will see very similar results. This is why farmers buy this stuff - you think they'd spend a lot of extra money for these GMO seeds if they didn't get something out of it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually the food battle, conventional vs organic, started long before GMO's came on the scene. What GMO's have done is to cement, in the minds of a growing number of people, the need to return to, and to improve, the time honored methods of food production.
I don't know what this has to do with what I posted. Do you think Gary Null is a respectable source of information?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Caretaker

Jun 7, 2013
✟10,632.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Caretaker

Jun 7, 2013
✟10,632.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Glyphosate, 2-4D, and pollen drift turns neighbors into enemies.

http://www.gmeducation.org/farming/...y-drift-showdown-in-the-gm-cotton-fields.html

The attitude of the GMO farmers is typical. It's the attitude exemplified by Monsanto for years. They just don't care what their GMO poisons do to their neighbors, the environment, or how they impact the future.

Their lives are ruled by greed. They refuse to see beyond the immediate, and even there they put blinders on to any and all negatives.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what this has to do with what I posted. Do you think Gary Null is a respectable source of information?

Has Monsanto sued him for false claims against their products? The larger "food fight" that I mentioned predates even Gary Null.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Glyphosate, 2-4D, and pollen drift turns neighbors into enemies.

http://www.gmeducation.org/farming/...y-drift-showdown-in-the-gm-cotton-fields.html

The attitude of the GMO farmers is typical. It's the attitude exemplified by Monsanto for years. They just don't care what their GMO poisons do to their neighbors, the environment, or how they impact the future.

Their lives are ruled by greed. They refuse to see beyond the immediate, and even there they put blinders on to any and all negatives.

Some of this damage is deliberately done by 'neighbors'. Many organic operations are targeted by nearby conventional operations for deliberate pesticide spray drift because of the fear that the organic operation will be a reservoir for insect pests in the neighborhood. Sadly this does makes some sense.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Thanks for the video. I had never heard of Gary Null, but he does seem to be quack, albeit a very successful one. However this does not change the argument against GMO's.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for the video. I had never heard of Gary Null, but he does seem to be quack, albeit a very successful one. However this does not change the argument against GMO's.
Not really, I don't mean it to. I just mean to point out that caretaker probably shouldn't cite this guy or take his claims seriously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Caretaker

Jun 7, 2013
✟10,632.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Some of this damage is deliberately done by 'neighbors'. Many organic operations are targeted by nearby conventional operations for deliberate pesticide spray drift because of the fear that the organic operation will be a reservoir for insect pests in the neighborhood. Sadly this does makes some sense.

No, actually it doesn't make sense.

The organic farms are reservoirs for beneficial insects. Organic farmers need to deal with problem insects the same as anyone else. They just opt to deal with them in ways that do not negatively impact the environment. It is the beneficial insects, like predator wasps, ladybugs, praying mantises, etc. that thrive on organic farms.

Upvote 0

Caretaker

Jun 7, 2013
✟10,632.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
My bona fide's (organic venison is in freezer).

View attachment 160520

Milk 7.89, eggs 5.07, half 'n half 2.45, coffee 6.00, from large upscale independent supermarket.

Those are very reasonable prices! And especially when considering what the alternative (the products of toxic agriculture) entail, like 22 diseases, irreparable damage to the environment, acute kidney failure, food deficient in vital nutrients, etc.

Would you pay an additional 10% to 20% at the grocery store to keep your loved ones safe from disease and provide them food that nourishes them?

Who wouldn't?

And that's not even considering that global warming could be stopped in its tracks if all farming in the United States was done organically.

Nor does it consider that if organic farming practices were more widely practiced the price of organically raised food would decrease.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Caretaker

Jun 7, 2013
✟10,632.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married

This is typical of the GMO industry attacks on anyone who dares imagine, let alone speak about, the truth regarding how GMO causes irrevocable harm to the environment and plant and animal DNA, and is associated with 22 diseases including death by acute kidney failure.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is typical of the GMO industry attacks on anyone who dares imagine, let alone speak about, the truth regarding how GMO causes irrevocable harm to the environment and plant and animal DNA, and is associated with 22 diseases including death by acute kidney failure.
...Dude, Gary Null is a complete quack. The fact that he stands up for your pet theory does not support it any more than Kent Hovind standing up for it would. I'm sorry that you're unwilling to accept this, but the guy is a moron, and citing his documentaries makes you look bad. Oh, and by the way? The guy who made that video doesn't talk much about GMOs. Or even about Gary Null in relation to GMOs. His only other video on the subject is undeniably well-cited and extremely even-handed:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...Dude, Gary Null is a complete quack. The fact that he stands up for your pet theory does not support it any more than Kent Hovind standing up for it would. I'm sorry that you're unwilling to accept this, but the guy is a moron, and citing his documentaries makes you look bad. Oh, and by the way? The guy who made that video doesn't talk much about GMOs. Or even about Gary Null in relation to GMOs. His only other video on the subject is undeniably well-cited and extremely even-handed:

He ended with the "white guilt trip". Who would've seen that coming?

I do have a bit of humor regarding those chickens.

Some years ago chicken breeders got together with the Stark Nursery, a southern company famous for new varieties of fruit trees. Their combined research led to the "Stark Naked Chicken". ^_^

Upvote 0