San Diego
✟19,576.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did just a couple months ago! Attached is a pic of me holding the chunk I donated (15 inches)

Attachments

• Short Hair.jpg
    Short Hair.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WOW, 15 inches...? That is amazing!!

And God Bless you. ;:hug: HUGS

I know long ago when I had hair down just past my waist that it was sort of difficult to let it go...and so I know it must have hurt just a lil bit to have it cut.

So glad you did this for the kids. :hug:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I recently decided to give my hair...which was long enough...it took two years. However; unbeknownst to me, I couldnt do it.

I had on a whim, decided to dye my hair black. Aside from blonde, this was the only other color I had not yet tried.
:sick: It did not look well on me.

Anyway, the beautician told me because I dyed it black, that I damaged it since black is the hardest color for them recolor. [which would ruin the hair trying]
Seems they use coloring too on the hair donated.

So all that time...for naught. :sorry:

About 2 years should do it.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anyone else or anyone ever donate hair for this?

I had some friends that have and are currently growing their hair to do so.:)

Sorry, this is off-topic:

When trying to make a thread available in the CO area for both Christians and non-Christians to post in, you need to have the brackets around the word OPEN for it to work properly. :) So your thread title would then look like this:

[OPEN] Locks of Love

I did just a couple months ago! Attached is a pic of me holding the chunk I donated (15 inches)

That's awesome! How long was your hair? Was it down to your waist?

My hair is now the longest it's every been - it reaches to the bottom of my bra strap on my back... maybe just a little bit longer now.

For years, my mom has been losing her hair. She thinks that it's because her diabetes went untreated for years. I've always wanted to grow my hair long enough so that I could then get it cut, and have a wig made for her. I've heard that it's pretty spendy, though. :sigh:

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
About 6 years ago, I donated a 13 inch ponytail to Wigs for Kids. It's a charity based in the midwest that makes wigs for kids undergoing chemo. My wife was sort of upset (she liked my hair). She even carried my ponytail around in her purse for a couple of days.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.