[OPEN]ChaosChristian's Krazy Kafeteria (6)

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hmm...what can I do when all our cameras store images as JPGS? We're thinking of investing in a DSLR mind you.

There's a number of options for creating print quality from JPGS. A printer with the capability is one, plus lots of photo shops or large department stores with photo sections have kiosks you can use.

"Species do not transform one into the other. They show stability from generation to generation, and my experiments demonstrate that fact. Isn’t anyone listening?" Gregor Mendel (1822-1884), Father of Genetics.

“Every series of breeding experiments that has ever taken place has established a finite limit to breeding possibilities.” Francis Hitching, The Neck of the Giraffe: Where Darwin Went Wrong (New Haven, Connecticut: Ticknor and Fields, 1982), p. 55.

“All competent biologists acknowledge the limited nature of the variation breeders can produce, although they do not like to discuss it much when grinding the evolutionary ax.” William R. Fix, The Bone Peddlers: Selling Evolution (New York: Macmillan Publishing Co., 1984), pp. 184–185.

“A rule that all breeders recognize, is that there are fixed limits to the amount of change that can be produced.” Lane P. Lester and Raymond G. Bohlin, The Natural Limits to Biological Change (Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing House, 1984), p. 96.

Will one of you please, please, please address these. The Mendel quote doesn't show up on Google except for 6 hits on Creation sites (including 3 on evolutionfairytale.com). Hitching and Fix are cranks and note the Lester/Bohlin publisher - Zondervan.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will one of you please, please, please address these. The Mendel quote doesn't show up on Google except for 6 hits on Creation sites (including 3 on evolutionfairytale.com). Hitching and Fix are cranks and note the Lester/Bohlin publisher - Zondervan.
I asked him for a source for the Mendel quote and if Hitching and Fix were mainstream scientists, but he doesn't want to talk to me now :doh:

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There's a number of options for creating print quality from JPGS. A printer with the capability is one, plus lots of photo shops or large department stores with photo sections have kiosks you can use.
most of the pics we want hard copies of we upload to Photobox or similar and get them sent to us.

I've read some of his posts, immediately was put off by his trollish nature and effectively put him on ignore.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
I asked him for a source for the Mendel quote and if Hitching and Fix were mainstream scientists, but he doesn't want to talk to me now :doh:
The Mendel quote sounds like someone put Mark Kennedy's sig in a blender. It could be from there.

Kirkwhisper's establishing the unfortunate habit of not talking to anybody he can't refute. He'll drop out of OT soon just like everyone else who does that.

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
He used the verse to place a pair of humans at the big bang, if we apply his same reasoning to a literal reading of Genesis we run into the same problem in that the universe is some huge water-based creation until day 2 when God actually creates the firmament.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Can someone ask jackmt in the Creationist subforum thread on Radiocarbon dating where he says this:

"Carl Sagan said in the conclusion to a documentary on Mayan culture, "Someone will ask, 'What about God?' "We don't need Him," he said. "Let's just get rid of Him.""

to provide a source?

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can someone ask jackmt in the Creationist subforum thread on Radiocarbon dating where he says this:

"Carl Sagan said in the conclusion to a documentary on Mayan culture, "Someone will ask, 'What about God?' "We don't need Him," he said. "Let's just get rid of Him.""

to provide a source?
Sounds more like Laplace's comment when Napoleon asked why there was no mention of God in his book Celestial Mechanics:
"I have no need of that hypothesis"

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks guys! I told the lad about this thread the other day and this is the look he gave me

attachment.php

Hi all, i've not stopped by here for a wee while, been busy with life! You'll be pleased to know that Junior McTheFijian is growing up into a bouncing, crawling, dribbling, throwing healthy wee boy. Little does he know that in December he'll be joined by Junior McThefijian mk II!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1338476615653.jpg
    1338476615653.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hi all, i've not stopped by here for a wee while, been busy with life! You'll be pleased to know that Junior McTheFijian is growing up into a bouncing, crawling, dribbling, throwing healthy wee boy. Little does he know that in December he'll be joined by Junior McThefijian mk II!

How wonderful and congratulations!

I just noticed that first pic was posted in July. Was he born in June - as all us cool kids were?

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, he's giving you 'that look' again.

Congratulations, give our love your good wife.

Ah perhaps! I had thought 'that look' was because he'd just had the remnants of lunch cleaned off his face. many thanks for the kind regards!

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How wonderful and congratulations!

I just noticed that first pic was posted in July. Was he born in June - as all us cool kids were?

He was actually due on June 1st but obviously got bored and made his appearance 6 weeks early!

Upvote 0