Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are some funny, quirky, and/or boneheaded things you've done in your marriage?

I once yelled at my husband by accident. Yes, we were having a rather heated discussion, but I hadn't meant to yell at him. We were in different rooms, and as I was speaking, I was walking toward where he was. By the time I got there, I was still sounding like I was talking to somebody on the other end of the house, but I was standing right next to him. It kind of brings to mind that scene in The Jungle Book (original animated version) where Baloo is calling frantically for Bagheera, who heard the call and is already running to him, but Baloo doesn't know that yet. He draws up a deep breath and screams this huge, bellowing, "Bagheeeeeraaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" right into Baggy's ear, and Baggy's whole head is vibrating. "Oh. Ya heard me." But what made it embarrassing when I did it was that I was the one walking toward him, not the other way around. I just plain forgot to lower my voice as I went along. When I explained that, he understood, but sheesh, kind of ditzy-headed of me, wasn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: counJS

akmom

Jun 13, 2012
U.S.
✟23,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Apparently, when I offer my husband a sample of my food, I pull up on the spoon to make sure it actually goes into his mouth. I don't do it consciously, but after so many years of spoon-feeding babies, I'm hard-wired to do it. Even though he assured me he wouldn't spit it out. :)

I also fill his glass half-way so it's less likely to spill. Too many years of being mom to young kids!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So my husband travels for work, one time he spent 3 weeks in India. I was so fluster and excited when he was finally home. He asked me to make him french toast. I grabbed the last of the bread and the last of the eggs slapped them together. I was talking to him and telling him all about the fun things our son had been doing. I grabbed the first spice with a "C" in the spice rack and threw it on the french toast. Then the smell hit me. A very distinct smell that was definitely not cinnamon. It was Cumin! Of all things in the spice rack I grabbed the one that was very Indian. I threw my hand over my mouth looked at my husband and he just about fell out of his chair from laughing so hard. I started to apologize and he just walked over flipped the french toast and grabbed the syrup. We both ate Cumin french toast that night. To this day we still laugh about it, I am so great-full for him. Tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary, I am very happy.
We had couscous tonight and in the mix there was a lot of spice that surprised my wife.

I like to make couscous because it's easy to do!

Upvote 0