The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Get yourself a dim room, a mirror, and stare into it. After a few minutes you should see some minor.....distortions. Worked for me, didn't work for the girlfriend.

"To trigger the illusion you need to stare at your own reflection in a dimly lit room. The author, Italian psychologist Giovanni Caputo, describes his set up which seems to reliably trigger the illusion: you need a room lit only by a dim lamp (he suggests a 25W bulb) that is placed behind the sitter, while the participant stares into a large mirror placed about 40 cm in front."

"At the end of a 10 min session of mirror gazing, the participant was asked to write what he or she saw in the mirror. The descriptions differed greatly across individuals and included: (a) huge deformations of one’s own face (reported by 66% of the fifty participants); (b) a parent’s face with traits changed (18%), of whom 8% were still alive and 10% were deceased; (c) an unknown person (28%); (d) an archetypal face, such as that of an old woman, a child, or a portrait of an ancestor (28%); (e) an animal face such as that of a cat, pig, or lion (18%); (f ) fantastical and monstrous beings (48%)."

http://mindhacks.com/2010/09/18/the-strange-face-in-the-mirror-illusion/

Reactions: Rajni

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
I wrapped a pillowcase around the light above my bathroom mirror. The dimmer the light the better the results it seems. Around three minutes I started to see minor distortions. I saw things like my eyes slowly blinking in the mirror when I was not blinking in real life. By the time ten minutes rolled around I had seen my face change into an old woman, a werewolf, a pig, and at one my point my skin seemed to have the appearance of black boot leather.

My girlfriend and I tried it separately at first then together. She saw nothing while alone and only minor shadowy apparitions while together. When we tried it together, at one point I seemed to completely disappear and it looked like she was the only one in the room.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Faces in low lighting are often distorted by the imagination.
Your mind can even create faces in the darkness.
This is a combination of the low amount of input
to work with and the minds effort to see everything it can.
I saw a "ghost" of my wife in a dark stairway, then I heard
her voice from upstairs. I wasn't tired or anything. So that's
when I learned ghosts are just an imagined visual image.

Additionally, very old people see people that don't exist
out of the corner of their eyes, or for fleeting moments.
It has happened with two old ladies in our neighborhood
before they moved to assisted living.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Never heard of it.

Take a look at the video below beginning at the 1:10 mark. And be sure to listen to the Dim Bulb song at 17:45. BTW, the song is a Jimmy Buffet song.

Sorry crjmurray, I couldn't resist. :sorry:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some people have tied it to the occult, but I think they are over reacting.
Yes indeed.

I'm a believer that that kind of stuff is actually beaconing the spiritual world.

The Bloody Mary game, Ouija Boards and, dare I include it, D&D.

Some do think they are overreacting, but then, most scientists are Sadducees, in that they don't believe ...

Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit:

So it doesn't surprise me that they would come up with an alternate term such as overreacting.

Reactions: newhopeinHim
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes indeed.

I'm a believer that that kind of stuff is actually beaconing the spiritual world.

Some do think they are overreacting, but then, most scientists are Sadducees, in that they don't believe ...

Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit:

So it doesn't surprise me that they would come up with an alternate term such as overreacting.
Why would a "spirit" need to be "beaconed?"

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes indeed.

Dungeons and dragons has nothing to do with any type of occult or spiritualism in any way.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why would a "spirit" need to be "beaconed?"
It's a long story.

It has something to do with THE Spirit in this dispensation keeping Satan's minions in check.

You wouldn't understand.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's a long story.

It has something to do with THE Spirit in this dispensation keeping Satan's minions in check.

You wouldn't understand.
Agreed. Anything spiritual needs to be awakened and demons are no different.

Upvote 0