New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Only the Best

Often we become so wrapped up in our own business that we have blinded ourselves to the sacrifices others make for us, the kind of sacrifices that only those who love us would make.

There was a couple who had celebrated their golden anniversary with a big party. Presents were exchanged, and congratulations were expressed before they got in their car and drove home.

When they got home the woman made her way into the kitchen. As was her custom, she brewed some tea, and took out a loaf of bread, one of which she had baked daily for years. She cut off the heal, warmed it, and buttered it for her husband before cutting another slice for herself. Then she served him the warm bread.

Now, this guy who had been married for fifty years loved his wife greatly, but the stress of the day had taken its toll. And he blew up. He said, "Honey I love you. You know that. But quite frankly this is it. or more years than I can even count, you have baked bread for me every day. But you always give me the heel. You always pass off that crusty piece of bread, that heel on me. I have had it! I won't take it anymore!"

And this is true - she looked at him, blinked back the tears and said, "But honey, that's my favorite piece."

Author Unknown
Submitted by Richard

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Emmaleuk said:
It's strange isn't it how sometimes we don't realise that people make sacrifices for us, or go without things just to make us happy. Sometimes it isn't until they make a point of telling us that we really appreciate it!!
That is why I bring you only the best stories on the net..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
TheWakeUpCaller said:
another excellent story. I am so glad you are here. You help so many people, and I just want to thank you for all your time and energy that you put into this place................michael
What God has done for me HE'LL do for you..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums