Online evangelism: World of Warcraft?

thesecondadam

Dec 31, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi "Ignorant and Stupid", I was actually googling this topic you are discussing here and I found this website and your thread. I used to be into WoW pretty hardcore, I was completely obsessed with it and it really affected my life in a negative way. I have not played for years. I have felt the Holy Spirit compelling me to reach out to others for Christ in WoW. I was actually thinking of starting a ministry of some kind. One where a group of Christians would play not for the purpose of advancing our characters or anything of that sort... but to meet others, get to know them, show them kindness, and share Christ with them, hopefully discipling them as well. I am still praying about it and trying to think about what that would look like practically. Anyways, I was intrigued by your ideas..... and was wondering if you have tried witnessing to others through WoW or other MMO's. If so, how effective was it? What have you learned that could help me if I decide to take on such a task?? Thank you!

Upvote 0
S

someguy14

Smeg no.

One of the main reason people play games to enjoy them and relax, the last thing most of them would want are a load of evangelical christians street preaching in the cities of Azeroth.

Perhaps if you were a Night Elf and were preaching to Alune, instead, it might be accepted as roleplaying, though.

The truth is, God is love. All desire love. :)

Upvote 0
S

someguy14

Hi "Ignorant and Stupid", I was actually googling this topic you are discussing here and I found this website and your thread. I used to be into WoW pretty hardcore, I was completely obsessed with it and it really affected my life in a negative way. I have not played for years. I have felt the Holy Spirit compelling me to reach out to others for Christ in WoW. I was actually thinking of starting a ministry of some kind. One where a group of Christians would play not for the purpose of advancing our characters or anything of that sort... but to meet others, get to know them, show them kindness, and share Christ with them, hopefully discipling them as well. I am still praying about it and trying to think about what that would look like practically. Anyways, I was intrigued by your ideas..... and was wondering if you have tried witnessing to others through WoW or other MMO's. If so, how effective was it? What have you learned that could help me if I decide to take on such a task?? Thank you!

Thats great news. God is always effective. God is love itself. One planteth and one wathereth, but it is God alone that gives the increase. When it comes to people, Love is the best remedy for any and all situations. Gladly Id join with those truely interested in serving God, for God is all. :)

Upvote 0