Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain...

(Somehow I always thought if something like that happened in real life the people woudn't be so cool with it like they were in the song.)
Darn, you beat me too it!

Upvote 0

GrannieAnnie

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2007
Western Australia
✟18,813.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22439156-5012895,00.html

A married couple who didn't realise they were chatting each other up on the internet are divorcing.
Sana Klaric and husband Adnan, who used the names "Sweetie" and "Prince of Joy" in an online chatroom, spent hours telling each other about their marriage troubles, Metro.co.uk reported.
Well, I guess that's really sad....but somewhat hysterical at the same time....maybe they should see a councellor before they go for the divorce....

Upvote 0

Sanctuaryandbliss

Relax. Be at peace.Breathe.
Sep 21, 2007
Virginia
✟16,344.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
what would be more impressive is if they called off the divorce
That would be cool, because in a since they found a renewed love for each other when they were speaking online.

Irony, maybe they were meant to be together and they are missing that point?

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An excerpt from the chat logs:

Prince of Joy: I love pina coladas, don't you.
Sweetie: Yes, their great.
Prince of Joy: The only thing better is getting caught in the rain.
Sweetie: or getting caught in the rain with pina colladas.
Prince of Joy: *nod* But what I really hate is yoga.
Sweetie: Ugh. Tell me about it. Why bother contouring yourself like that. It just looks painful.
Prince of Joy: Well, you sure sound like you have at least half a brain on you.

ETA: D'oh, moonkitty got to the Pina Colada reference before I did. darnit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would be cool, because in a since they found a renewed love for each other when they were speaking online.

Or more realistically, realized that if both of them were looking for a new partner, the relationship is probably a really bad one and should be ended.

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't even know what a pina colada is......some kind of mexican food I think ??? !!!!

Pina Coldas is a fancy drink, the reference comes from an old song from the 70’s called “Escape.” (also known simply as the “Pina Colada song”) You could find it on Youtube.com if you look for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't even know what a pina colada is......some kind of mexican food I think ??? !!!!

Piña Colada (Spanish, strained pineapple : piña, pineapple + colada, strained) is a sweet, rum-based cocktail containing light rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice. The drink is typically served either blended or shaken with ice. Two common garnishes are a pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry.

The Caribe Hilton Hotel in Puerto Rico claims that their bartender, Ramon "Monchito" Marrero created the Piña Colada on August 15, 1954 after spending 3 months perfecting the recipe. There is also a bar in Old San Juan that makes a similar claim.

I like mine virgins. :blush: Viva Puerto Rico! :clap:

Upvote 0
A

AnneSally

Or more realistically, realized that if both of them were looking for a new partner, the relationship is probably a really bad one and should be ended.

But how intriguing that they should find themselves chatting (incognito) to each other on-line and falling in love with each other? Maybe they are meant to be together afterall and should just work on their issues....it's quite an astonishing story, lol.

Upvote 0
N

NavyGuy7

But how intriguing that they should find themselves chatting (incognito) to each other on-line and falling in love with each other? Maybe they are meant to be together afterall and should just work on their issues....it's quite an astonishing story, lol.

It still does not excuse what they were both attempting to do, i.e. cheat on their spouse. If they hadn't been chatting with each other, this would have been worse. Yes, it didn't happen. But they were trying to cheat on each other, instead of working out their problems, like you're supposed to do in a marriage. Or so I hear.

Upvote 0