Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wanted to say thank you for the links. I'm going to try this because I want to tone my muscles and not get really "big". Having a structure might really help me. I know I can do about 20 push ups in a set and probably about 100 "sit ups" as they describe them. I can probably do all the squats, but I'll have to see.

I'm going to forget the pull ups for now. I can do about 3. Maybe in six months.

I've bookmarked the pages though. Should be fun.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
*bump*

And you thought I forgot about this. How's it going, MacFall?

Bleh. After a week of camp and a month of 12-hour days building roofs and bulkhead doors and bridges, I haven't been following the schedule. The bright side is I've been staying plenty active, so I can still do about double what I could when I started. I actually sort of did forget about it, but I'll see where my current max reps put me on the chart and get started again.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

I've started these two programs:

one hundred push ups
two hundred squats

Once I get some strength and endurance built up I'll also be doing these:

two hundred sit-ups
twenty five pull ups

Currently I can do about 20 pushups and 50 squats, so at least I'm not starting completely dry. I'll be charting my progress in this thread. Anyone want to join me?

O lawdy. As it stands I can do 40 push ups a day, and even the idea of doing a hundred in a row is daunting to me. But, who knows. Consistency can do great things to the body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallerthanatree

Veteran
Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
✟10,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm almost back up to 20 dead hang pull ups; I'd like to be able to do 30+.

How much do you weigh?

Being able to do a ton of pull ups at my bodyweight would be cool, but I'd rather focus on getting my squat back up over 300.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Cool program. A while back, me and a friend had a friendly competition for doing push ups. I managed to get up to 30 consecutive after a number of weeks. I didn't really have an increased resistance *plan*...just to do as many consecutive ones as I could in one session.

But I haven't done them in some time. Took the initial test...and I managed 18 consecutive before my arms were seriously shaking.

I think I'll give this program a go in the near future.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
How much do you weigh?

Being able to do a ton of pull ups at my bodyweight would be cool, but I'd rather focus on getting my squat back up over 300.

anywhere from between 165 to 170.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SearcherKris

Dec 26, 2007
Texas
✟9,378.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm interested in trying this.

I didn't even think I could do one pushup, and maybe not even a girly one with the knees bent, but I tried just now, just to see. Guess what, I did it without my knees bent. I'm pleasently surprised with myself. Who knew?

LOL

I only did three though. I don't know how many I can do at this point without hurting myself, but I would like to work up to 50.

I can do situps, or crunches. Fifty a day seems doable. I don't know how much higher I can go right now, but it would be interesting to see.

I don't know if my knees will hold up to squats. I'm a little afraid to try those.

Upvote 0