May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hmm I'd be willing to try the 200 sit ups one.

I just get bored with situps though. Last week I got a weird desire to tone my abs more, so I started doing sit ups and it wasn't until I got to around 100 that I started to feel it and at that point, I was just annoyed and frustrated that if I wanted to work my abs good, I would have to do over 100 situps.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great to hear! Being more physically fit has more benefits than can be counted. I tried the hundred pushups program. Nearly made it, but life intervened. You can do it!
two hundred squats
Having quads is great. They're the most amazing fat burning machines your body has. Plus, it's true that you're supposed to lift with your legs and when you have strong legs, your arms can just hang on for the ride while you handle surprising amounts of weight (I'm thinking like moving furniture or boxes). Go for your teardrop! (I'll let you Google that a bit before telling what that means if you don't know. :) )
two hundred sit-ups
I did that one too. Took about 4 times as long as they said it would, but I did the rightmost column. Or maybe I'm just a wimp? Stick to it, in spite of feeling like you've been drop kicked in the gut by a llama.

twenty five pull ups
That's some serious stuff. You need amazing amounts of upper body strength. Big lats. Ar eyou going to do overhanded or underhanded pullups? If you get a pullup bar, you can do hanging leg raises for abs and obliques.

Currently I can do about 20 pushups and 50 squats, so at least I'm not starting completely dry. I'll be charting my progress in this thread. Anyone want to join me?
Great, that's a good start. Better than me when I started. Get someone to spot you for the squats if you can. Doing them wrong can tweak your back and knees. :| Don't be afraid to toss some weight on too.

Hope I didn't come across as a smart... aleck. I'm sure you've got everyone and their uncle giving you tips now that you've started this. :doh:

Going to do before and after photos? What's your bodyfat percentage?

P.S. I can't post URLs yet so had to strip them out of the post.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Marine corp training= physical training in 13 weeks or your money back. worked for me.

I don't doubt you. But I don't under any circumstances allow people to get in my face and abuse me, so I probably wouldn't make it through the first day of boot camp or basic or whatever.

Upvote 0

Dzhessika

Lovin' God's beautiful handiwork!
Jul 12, 2004
Vancouver,Washington
✟16,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh how I loathe push-ups. A few friends and I have a thing where we're doing 3000 sit-ups and 3000 push-ups this month, which is 100 of each per day...mostly to see if we can. The push-ups are killing me. I certainly don't do them all at once. Sets of 20, thanks.
dang 3000 thats alot of push- ups and sit-ups!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The4thrider

Powered by caffine and hate...sometimes whiskey
May 17, 2010
✟16,390.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't doubt you. But I don't under any circumstances allow people to get in my face and abuse me, so I probably wouldn't make it through the first day of boot camp or basic or whatever.

Its all a game and total bs. They don't do it to be bastards, there is method to the madness.

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Strong exercise is still one of my triggers, but sometimes I can still do a bit of working out.

I could probably do the squats, pull-ups (overhand only....it's an old thing. I can do 5-10 as it is lol), and eventually the push-ups (100 at once is going to suck though....I can do like 25 at once right now though). As for the sit-ups, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. I hate sit-ups like the plague. :D

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I did that one too. Took about 4 times as long as they said it would, but I did the rightmost column. Or maybe I'm just a wimp? Stick to it, in spite of feeling like you've been drop kicked in the gut by a llama.

Actually, my problem is that I start getting nauseous before the burn sets in. I can't do it on an empty stomach or I get dry heaves, and I can't do it with a full stomach or I struggle not to puke. I have to find a balance where I eat like six saltines and drink exactly a cup and a half of water. It's not hard, per se, just inconvenient.

Are you going to do overhanded or underhanded pullups? If you get a pullup bar, you can do hanging leg raises for abs and obliques.

Some of both, if I can. I do have a pullup bar. The problem is that it hangs from the ceiling on a chain, so it swings a lot.

Hope I didn't come across as a smart... aleck. I'm sure you've got everyone and their uncle giving you tips now that you've started this. :doh:

Nah, you didn't sound like a smartaleck. And so far I've only told people on this site and one other, so the advice has come in at a manageable rate and volume so far.

Going to do before and after photos?

I would if I had a camera, but nobody would see the before photos until the afters had been taken.

What's your bodyfat percentage?

I don't remember the exact number, but it's actually not too bad. I have a lot of muscle-mass naturally; I just haven't been doing a good job of keeping it toned.

P.S. I can't post URLs yet so had to strip them out of the post.

You'll be there in no time if you keep hanging out here. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm I'd be willing to try the 200 sit ups one.

I just get bored with situps though. Last week I got a weird desire to tone my abs more, so I started doing sit ups and it wasn't until I got to around 100 that I started to feel it and at that point, I was just annoyed and frustrated that if I wanted to work my abs good, I would have to do over 100 situps.

Try holding a barbell while you do them. Most bars are about 15 pounds, which isn't too heavy, but you really get your abs into balancing it. Then once you start to feel it, dump the bar and continue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, my problem is that I start getting nauseous before the burn sets in. I can't do it on an empty stomach or I get dry heaves, and I can't do it with a full stomach or I struggle not to puke. I have to find a balance where I eat like six saltines and drink exactly a cup and a half of water. It's not hard, per se, just inconvenient.
That is truly unique. I've never heard of that. Is it the motion or something? Does that happen with any other activity?

And of course, the site is called "Two Hundred Situps" but the advocate crunches, which are different and IMO better. I also advocate reverse crunches with weights on your legs.

Oh. The. Pain.
Some of both, if I can. I do have a pullup bar. The problem is that it hangs from the ceiling on a chain, so it swings a lot.
Wow, that must not be fun. I used to hang off of the track that the wheels of my automatic garage door rides in. I had to toss a towel over it to keep from gouging my hands though. I think hanging leg/knee raises are out of the question on that.
Nah, you didn't sound like a smartaleck. And so far I've only told people on this site and one other, so the advice has come in at a manageable rate and volume so far.
When I hear someone showing interest in similar things my first reaction is: "LETMETELLYOUEVERYTHINGIKNOWBECAUSEITHINKTHISISAWESOME!!!"

I have to filter myself carefully at all times. :)
I would if I had a camera, but nobody would see the before photos until the afters had been taken.
No camera at all? No camera phone? No friend with a digital camera? I find that it helps with motivation to see myself over time.
I don't remember the exact number, but it's actually not too bad. I have a lot of muscle-mass naturally; I just haven't been doing a good job of keeping it toned.
Sounds like you've got it made. Take some measurements. It's fun (for me at least) to see your body transform.
You'll be there in no time if you keep hanging out here. :thumbsup:
And another post is signed, sealed and delivered.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This looks like a very cool idea, might attempt to do one of them, though with my health who knows if I can. Worth a try though. Push ups and Pull ups will be a hassle with my wrist.
I never do pushups with palms down - tweaks my wrists. Get some dumbells or pushup handles and use those. Fist-grip pushups are easier on the wrists plus the slight elevation allows you to go down to the ground further and get a great extension / more flexion. Really pumps the pecs. :thumbsup:

Are your wrist problems severe?

Upvote 0

Rory

The Dude abides...
Nov 16, 2005
So Cal
Visit site
✟14,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never do pushups with palms down - tweaks my wrists. Get some dumbells or pushup handles and use those. Fist-grip pushups are easier on the wrists plus the slight elevation allows you to go down to the ground further and get a great extension / more flexion. Really pumps the pecs. :thumbsup:

Are your wrist problems severe?
Thanks for the idea. I have never seriously exercised, never would of thought of that.

I had surgery about 8 years ago and the Dr wasn't the best at putting things back together. Back of my hand and wrist are numb to the touch at least on the skin, but any major physical exertion and it starts hurting pretty bad. Had a carpal tunnel type deal, work related from repetitive motion at a sign shop I worked at, half my job was applying vinyl to signs and windows. My wrist hasn't been right since. One of the reasons I generally distrust doctors.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Noodles^3: I have a camera phone, but it can't send them. It's a non-contract plan with limited functions beyond calling and texting. Maybe I'll get a friend to take my picture.

I can see it now: hey man, can you take a picture of me with my shirt off? It's for science.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Noodles^3:
Noodles Cubed, I like it! :cool:

I can see it now: hey man, can you take a picture of me with my shirt off? It's for science.
I guess so. With the guys I know that share an interest in physical fitness / bodybuilding, we don't even think about it.

I can remember being with another guy and looking at pictures of bodybuilders and fitness models that had barely a band-aid on their vital bits. We're pointing and noticing musculature, vascularity, balance, and etc. If anyone not into the fitness world had walked by they might have thought we needed prayer. :doh:

Some thing with the female part of fitness modeling. I've been inspecting the muscular development of a model and then realized that I'm basically looking and a 31/32nds nekkid woman. Fortunately no one of my family walked by when I was analyzing someone like Jamie Ea... well... I won't say her name because then you might Google her and, well... let's leave it at that.

He'll get over it. I'd take pictures of your bare chestedness any day. What are brothers for? Too bad I'm 2,000 miles away. :)

Upvote 0