One Church or one church, means what, who is right?

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is my authority. I have no teachers. My brothers and sisters are equal in my sight because I don't follow teachers. Someone tries asserting authority over me they will fail. Show me love and you will win.
You have no authority outside of the man in the mirror's own perceptions of what might or might not be the Spirit and you have no way to test that spirit because you love confirmation bias.

God placed the authority there. You either follow it or deny God. God said it, that settles it. It's His way or the highway. Love will tell you that. Hate will tell you that you can do what's right in your own eyes. When men do what is right in their own eyes, it's always going to end in sin. You aren't special.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have no authority outside of the man in the mirror's own perceptions of what might or might not be the Spirit and you have no way to test that spirit because you love confirmation bias.

God placed the authority there. You either follow it or deny God. God said it, that settles it. It's His way or the highway. Love will tell you that. Hate will tell you that you can do what's right in your own eyes. When men do what is right in their own eyes, it's always going to end in sin. You aren't special.

Jesus, Paul, Peter, James and John already teach me all I need. See, without teachers I don't need to worry about false teachers, or who is and isn't allowed to teach. I'm so liberated. Praise the Lord.

Matthew 23:10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Jesus, Paul, Peter, James and John already teach me all I need. See, without teachers I don't need to worry about false teachers, or who is and isn't allowed to teach. I'm so liberated. Praise the Lord.

Matthew 23:10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah
Oh, they come directly to your house and tell you exactly what they meant when they wrote?

Like the fact that Paul said this: So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers,

If Christ made for some to be teachers, then He made for them to teach the Church. You have chained yourself with Satan's freedom.

Without the Church, you cannot have the Head of the Church. You don't have the Body. Don't tell me you have the head. All you have is a decapitated body part. No person wants Christ and slanders Christ's Body.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, they come directly to your house and tell you exactly what they meant when they wrote?

Like the fact that Paul said this: So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers,

If Christ made for some to be teachers, then He made for them to teach the Church. You have chained yourself with Satan's freedom.

Without the Church, you cannot have the Head of the Church. You don't have the Body. Don't tell me you have the head. All you have is a decapitated body part. No person wants Christ and slanders Christ's Body.

Dear brother, there is much liberty in the spirit, if only you would take hold of it. Those teachers are Paul, Peter, James and John.
The spirit teaches us using their doctrine. Its like Paul said, whatever is true, lovely and praiseworthy, think on these things, those things you heard, learned and seen in me, do them and the God of peace will be with you.

Like James said, receive with meekness the engrafted word.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Dear brother, there is much liberty in the spirit, if only you would take hold of it. Those teachers are Paul, Peter, James and John.
The spirit teaches us using their doctrine. Its like Paul said, whatever is true, lovely and praiseworthy, think on these things, those things you heard, learned and seen in me, do them and the God of peace will be with you.

Like James said, receive with meekness the engrafted word.
Meekness leads to submission. You have nothing to submit to. So don't claim any meekness.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Instead of debating we could be celebrating the Lords teaching. Love, gentleness, meekness, kindness, loveliness. Doesn't it just make your heart leap for joy? Its simple and lovely. Praise the Lord brothers and sister, praise the Lord. Such knowledge is too high for me, I am unworthy of such simplistic beauty. Yet, I will endeavor to follow.

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Meekness leads to submission. You have nothing to submit to. So don't claim any meekness.

I submit to love and gentleness. If people argue with me I will not return it, I will simply praise the Lord and be thankful. I will not be contentious any more, no sir, gentleness has chained itself to me and I am happy. We have the joy in our heart brother, let us smile and be glad.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I submit to love and gentleness. If people argue with me I will not return it, I will simply praise the Lord and be thankful. I will not be contentious any more, no sir, gentleness has chained itself to me and I am happy. We have the joy in our heart brother, let us smile and be glad.
The Church isn't offering arguments. It is claiming what it has. Joy that is built on the foundation of lies isn't joy. Freedom that isn't based in Truth isn't Freedom.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Instead of debating we could be celebrating the Lords teaching. Love, gentleness, meekness, kindness, loveliness. Doesn't it just make your heart leap for joy? Its simple and lovely. Praise the Lord brothers and sister, praise the Lord. Such knowledge is too high for me, I am unworthy of such simplistic beauty. Yet, I will endeavor to follow.
If you're so against debating, then why are you debating? Log off. Then there will be no more debating. Coming onto a debate forum and claiming you're not debating, that's hypocritical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Church isn't offering arguments. It is claiming what it has. Joy that is built on the foundation of lies isn't joy. Freedom that isn't based in Truth isn't Freedom.

Whoever humbles themselves will be exalted, the last will be first. Christ is our teacher! :) Amen, praise the Lord.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Whoever humbles themselves will be exalted, the last will be first. Christ is our teacher! :) Amen, praise the Lord.
And you're claiming to be humble while rejecting the teachers God places in the world for us in the Church? Rejecting the Body and claiming to have the Head of that Body?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you're so against debating, then why are you debating? Log off. Then there will be no more debating. Coming onto a debate forum and claiming you're not debating, that's hypocritical.

It has been said we do not debate but discuss. How lovely it is to gather here and discuss the teachings of the Lord. How pleasant are his words, sweeter than honey. My heart will burst from my chest if I do not kiss the Lord with praise. My Lord, so gentle, and meek and lowly in heart. We return to the bishop of our souls and they find rest there. (hugs the lord, so very thankful)

Let us consider Psalms 1

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And you're claiming to be humble while rejecting the teachers God places in the world for us in the Church? Rejecting the Body and claiming to have the Head of that Body?

God bless you brother. May his joy overtake us like a mighty river. God loves us, can I get an amen?

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
God bless you brother. May his joy overtake us like a mighty river. God loves us, can I get an amen?
And the derail express that doesn't care about discourse and loving upbuilding discussion has come. Either talk about the topic or get reported.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And the derail express that doesn't care about discourse and loving upbuilding discussion has come. Either talk about the topic or get reported.
You derailed it. I simply responded to your questions you asked of me. However, I wont let contention get us down, so have a wonderful and blessed night. I will bow out now.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟14,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me sayeth Jesus.

Paul, Peter, John and James don't contradict the Lord and it is conceivable that we are not to idolize a man made institution that fallible men make infallible by their own authority.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟14,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are no claims of authority that the Scripture doesn't make. The Church is the Pillar and Ground of the Truth according to Paul in First Timothy. Either that is Truth, or the Scripture is a lie. It is YOU saying those claims are their own.

Where does scripture say that the religious institution that you idolize is the truth and/or has replaced Jesus as the way, the truth and the life.

Let me make it simple, where does it say in scripture that a religious institution is Jesus Christ, because that is what you are implying?

Scripture states that through one man Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the truth, so how can you make a worldly institutionalized pillar/idol and to claim it as though it is the truth (definite article)?

A religious institution is not the definite article that can claim to be the truth. God did not delegate his truth Jesus Christ, so that a religious institution can make that claim. All authority in heaven and on earth is given to the Kingly Chief Priest Jesus Christ.

To create a worldly temple according to the old levitical administration in place of the living temple Jesus Christ, is making the offering that the body and the hierarchy commits to Christ greater than the temple himself.

This is the same mistake that the abolished pharisical religious institution committed.

Listen to what Jesus had to say about this derogatory act by the hierarchy of that religious institution......

Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ 17You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’19You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it. (Matthew 23:16-23)

How angry was the Lord about this religious system and offcourse the one that exists today, that walks and breaths in its footsteps?

5“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteriesa wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

It is self evident that today's religious have idolized their religious institutions, along with its hierarchy more so than the living temple Jesus Christ.

This is the same crime being committed by today's religious as was the case with the pharisees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟14,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The assumed authority by any cult like man beast religious system starts off by claiming preeminence over the original faith and then lays claim to itself as the temple/pillar of that religion.

Jesus Christ the Kingly Chief Priest of heaven and earth never delegated his authority to an institution to run it on his behalf in the first place. Rather the institution has assumed the position of Christ by idolizing it self as the way, the truth and the life and that no one can come to the Father except through the religious institution.

These religious make God out to be a liar and make every effort to steal authority from his only begotten Son.

How do you think that the Father will deal with these fraudsters who claim to be Christ or at the very least they setup their religious institution as if it is Christ?

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
You derailed it. I simply responded to your questions you asked of me. However, I wont let contention get us down, so have a wonderful and blessed night. I will bow out now.
No you didn't. You diverted to a completely different topic. The topic was whether there is a structured Church with authority given from Christ like Scripture says there is. You were talking about completely unrelated things.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0