One Church or one church, means what, who is right?

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I covered this in a previous post. The infallible institution doctrine that makes those running it as fallible and hence the institution is made for the hierarchy not the hierarchy for the institution and that my friend is the falibility of that doctrine, meaning those assuming headship of the institution are not qualified sinless beings who can claim to run it, however Jesus is fully qualified to run it as the head, which makes the religious institution hierarchy redundant.
You're not logicing this out.

Without hierarchy, there is chaos. So there has to be hierarchy. You can take the hierarchy God created, or you can choose to make your own. You, sir, are making your own. Specifically, you are making anarchy. No order, only chaos.

I never said the institution was made for the hierarchy. That was your leap to a conclusion. The hierarchy was made for the institution of the Church, to preserve the Truth which was deposited into the Church.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are we to worship the alleged infallible religious institution or to worship the sinless head Jesus Christ. Where and who is your idol of worship?

The outward institutionalized temple or the living temple Jesus Christ?

There can only be one true temple that leads to God the Father.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're not logicing this out.

Without hierarchy, there is chaos. So there has to be hierarchy. You can take the hierarchy God created, or you can choose to make your own. You, sir, are making your own. Specifically, you are making anarchy. No order, only chaos.

I never said the institution was made for the hierarchy. That was your leap to a conclusion. The hierarchy was made for the institution of the Church, to preserve the Truth which was deposited into the Church.

So your now saying that the fallible/sinful hierarchy was made for the infallible religious institution. If that is the case then the institution itself cannot be infallible/sinless as you had originally claimed.

The truth cannot be in the hierarchy because as you said previously they are fallible. If they claim to be the truth then they are assuming the office of the sinless head Jesus Christ who is the way the truth and the life.

Friend your caught up in a quagmire of slimy dirt coming from the mouths of fallible/sinful men.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Does this religious institution have any regard for women as ministers of the faith?

Aha, Bingo!

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Christ the infallible/sinless Kingly Chief Priest Melchizedech was sworn in with an oath by God the Father as the permanent head, never to be substituted for. So the office of Melchizedech was made solely for Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour. God said all authority on earth and in heaven is given into his hands and so not only is he the Kingly Chief Priest in heaven but also on earth.

If there exists another earthly Chief priest proclaiming himself as the head of the Church/the body/the Temple, then that man is a fraud, an imposter, for he has no legitimate claim to the Chief Priestly Office.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
So your now saying that the fallible/sinful hierarchy was made for the infallible religious institution. If that is the case then the institution itself cannot be infallible/sinless as you had originally claimed.

The truth cannot be in the hierarchy because as you said previously they are fallible. If they claim to be the truth then they are assuming the office of the sinless head Jesus Christ who is the way the truth and the life.

Friend your caught up in a quagmire of slimy dirt coming from the mouths of fallible/sinful men.
Except that you assume that Christ isn't part of the Church. If Christ is the Head of the Church, then the Church is infallible. If Christ isn't the head of the Church, then there isn't a point to being a Christian.

You are putting words in my mouth. The Orthodox Church does not claim to BE the Truth. They claim to be led by the Truth. You are producing a lot of slimy dirt. You slander people because you hate them. You talk a big talk about love. You don't put your money where your mouth is.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
The Church is inclusive of women as ministers. Paul's Church was full of women ministers.
bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahaqhhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah\

Tell me sir, how can a woman be a husband?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
The answer- Jesus is right. He is the way truth and life. I have Jesus ! No one can take away my joy in the Lord. I am so very happy. Jesus is mine! :) :) :)

This is my story, this is my song, praising my savior all the day long.

The guy who constantly talks about how we shouldn't debate while doing nothing but debate. welcome to the party

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The guy who constantly talks about how we shouldn't debate while doing nothing but debate. welcome to the party

Gives you a hug. I'm not debating brother, I'm testifying, glorifying, and abiding...in the Lord.

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahaqhhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah\

Tell me sir, how can a woman be a husband?

Sir, any woman indwelled by the Holy Ghost is every part equal as a member of the body of Christ without distinction. A woman has the right to minister within the great commission and so who is responsible for holding back 50% of the body of Christ from ministering onto the world and to baptise converts in the name of Jesus?

Does Jesus discount half of his body from ministering about him and from baptising in him?

Heaven forbid. However the patriarchal/papacy alleged chief priests do discount them.

Let me prophesy to you that in the final hour before our saviour's return, it will be women that will contribute to the final push. These mothers will be instrumental in bringing the many hearts of their sons to Jesus Christ.

If I may boast a little about women, that men have assumed the great commission for the first 11 hours, yet women for the last 11th hour will achieve more than the entire 11 hours that the men have done for Christ. In this regard women are most loved by the Lord and he will lead them to glory alongside of him in the final hour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Sir, any woman indwelled by the Holy Ghost is every part equal as a member of the body of Christ without distinction. A woman has the right to minister within the great commission and so who is responsible for holding back 50% of the body of Christ from ministering onto the world and to baptise converts in the name of Jesus?

Does Jesus discount have his body?

Heaven forbid. However the patriarchal/papacy alleged chief priests do discount them.

Let me prophesy to you that in the final hour before our saviour's return, it will be women that will contribute to the final push. These mothers will be instrumental in bringing the many hearts of their sons to Jesus Christ.

If I may boast a little about women, that men have assumed the great commission for the forst 11 hours, yet women for the last 11th hour will achieve more than the entire 11 hours that the men have done for Christ. In this regard women are most loved ny the Lord and he will lead them to glory alongside of him in the final hour.
Equal does not mean the same. Ministers are to be men. Read Timothy. Husband of one wife. Last I checked, a woman can never fulfill that.

That does not mean ministry isn't something they can do, but bishops and elders are men. That is Scripture. I'm not going to change that.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Equal does not mean the same. Ministers are to be men. Read Timothy. Husband of one wife. Last I checked, a woman can never fulfill that.

That does not mean ministry isn't something they can do, but bishops and elders are men. That is Scripture. I'm not going to change that.

Women have equal responsibility as far as the great commission is concerned and Paul was Timothy's elder. Paul had at the very least ten women ministers involved in preaching the gospel and converting people to Christ.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except that you assume that Christ isn't part of the Church. If Christ is the Head of the Church, then the Church is infallible. If Christ isn't the head of the Church, then there isn't a point to being a Christian.

You are putting words in my mouth. The Orthodox Church does not claim to BE the Truth. They claim to be led by the Truth. You are producing a lot of slimy dirt. You slander people because you hate them. You talk a big talk about love. You don't put your money where your mouth is.

They say that Christ is the head of the Church but their works and claims of authority are far from what they say. Their works along with their ridiculous claims are from earth to heaven apart. Firstly no man can claim a chief priest office. Let us abolish this authoritarian position that is committing fraud against Christ.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Women have equal responsibility as far as the great commission is concerned and Paul was Timothy's elder. Paul had at the very least ten women ministers involved in preaching the gospel and converting people to Christ.
Not as elders of parishes.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
They say that Christ is the head of the Church but their works and claims of authority are far from what they say. Their works along with their ridiculous claims are from earth to heaven apart. Firstly no man can claim a chief priest office. Let us abolish this authoritarian position that is committing fraud against Christ.
There are no claims of authority that the Scripture doesn't make. The Church is the Pillar and Ground of the Truth according to Paul in First Timothy. Either that is Truth, or the Scripture is a lie. It is YOU saying those claims are their own.

Upvote 0