Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can't get this to embed - my apologies :( I have no information as to where this was - but Oh MY !!

Here it is:
bigchalice.jpg

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That is a Chalice - and though I've seen some big ones I've never seen one that size before.

WT - you have to remember that in the East we Receive from the Chalice - both the Body and Blood of our Lord and Saviour being administered to us at the same time .

The cleric on the right is a Deacon , behind the Chalice from what I can see is a Priest and on the left is a Bishop [ judging from the Pectoral Cross and Engolpion ]

Upvote 0

WisdomTree

Philosopher
Feb 2, 2012
Lincoln
✟15,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That is a Chalice - and though I've seen some big ones I've never seen one that size before.

WT - you have to remember that in the East we Receive from the Chalice - both the Body and Blood of our Lord and Saviour being administered to us at the same time .

The cleric on the right is a Deacon , behind the Chalice from what I can see is a Priest and on the left is a Bishop [ judging from the Pectoral Cross and Engolpion ]

I knew that, it's just that receiving communion from that is... Well, kind of intimidating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Seriously though, is this photoshopped? It would make sense that the bishop on the left is larger because he is in the foreground, but look at the size of the deacon compared to the priests behind him. They are in the background and they look enormous. I think someone may be ortho-pranking us :)

Upvote 0

WisdomTree

Philosopher
Feb 2, 2012
Lincoln
✟15,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Seriously though, is this photoshopped? It would make sense that the bishop on the left is larger because he is in the foreground, but look at the size of the deacon compared to the priests behind him. They are in the background and they look enormous. I think someone may be ortho-pranking us :)

"You've been ortho-punked!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums