on becoming a christian over and over again...

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Ok I think I get what you are saying, what I mean is beginning over again... I was thinking about the difference in how the Gospel might have been presented say 400 years ago, and how its presented today and was nearly going to start a thread on that. But Im not a big fan of 'calvinism', and it hasn't helped me much, for one thing I don't think all calvinists even have understood Calvin. In any case this a big part of the problem - conversion to various "theologies".

I don't have big issue with the 'sinner's prayer' except there can be nagging doubts about not praying in my own words, and whether one is sincere or not. But I have begun again as many times in my own words.

Yes, I used the expression "trying to become" deliberately, cause it seems that is what was going on. But I agree and disagree with you on the decisional aspect. I don't think its that simple. Perhaps decision is not the best word, but surely there has to be a response??

Ok so then there is nothing I can do, or should try to do? I should just leave it in God's hands?

Sorry I am not getting this. I'd agree that faith is a gift, but faith in Jesus death on the Cross?

What is this faith? Faith that God exists? That he is triune? That he is favorably disposed towards me?

To be honest theology isn't always helpful here, and I really don't want another debate about calvinism.

Hi,

Faith from my point of view is entirely needed, and is entirely not wanted compared to factually knowing.

I till this day, and starting in the year, 2000, Know God is Real. Yet, eventually that became a problem for me, and I think The Holy Spirit made me know that. I am talking about how much God talks about Faith, and what seems to be how much that pleases Him.

So, this happened to me. In late fall of 2007, after I answered a question of God The Father's put to me by a later arriving angel called, Gabriel, even though the church has verified this all, I still have to belive this all on faith.

Believing in God, God The Father, or God the Son, Jesus, or The Holy Spirit who is God The Holy Spirit, all of those are no longer possible for me, as I have the proof and more of Their Reality. However, believing in that Question, that is all on faith.

I keep guessing why faith is important to God. In my case it is so important that after I no longer needed faith for The Bible, nor God, He God gave me an item that is not dismissable ever, but is still handled now on faith, rather than fact.

It seems just hoping, that God is Real, is good enough for God to me. It seems that is all He requests of most people. It is sometimes, that is all I had with that question. Other times, with that questin that I eventually answered, it's: "Oh yeah. No doubts. It's true. It's a fact." But it never is a fact to me. And in that way, I am precisely like you and every God believer out there, as I believe it's true, rather than I can prove that it is true.

And i don't understand this.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,
From my experiences of being on both sides of faith. It seems the lesson I am learning is to trust God, as He really is That Cool, or That Good, or That Trustworthy, or any set of words you can think of, that fit that concept. And that faith in me over time, as I struggle, and wail sometimes, has me actually falling more in love with God each day.
I don't know why yet. Maybe you or others here do.
LOVE, (My best rcollection of the way God actually loves)
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for sharing.

It difficult to say a lot more at this time.

I have been picking up books for years on this sort of thing.

There is a book called God, and the Knowledge of Reality by Thomas Molnar. I don't know if you have heard of it?. He is philsopher, quite erudite and scholarly. There is also Josef Pieper who wrote Faith, Hope, Love. I don't know if any of those would help.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
this is a bit difficult to explain, but I feel that over the course of my life I have become a christian repeatedly, the usual prayed the 'sinner's prayer', or come back again...I'll be honest I have always had doubts about my 'conversions'.

I think it goes back to early attempts at trying to become a christian. I have tried to resolve the problem theologically, philosophically, psychologically and pretty much any way I can think of.

I understand by the bible and theology there really should only be one christian initiation in life. One either is or isn't born-again.

But I can't understand my 'christian experience' which is very deficient, and lacking in assurance, if I am truly born-again.

Again I have heard many ways of explaining this kind of thing...and read many theological treatises on it. Some try to explain it as like a man on a plane who is anxious about flying, whereas others are not, and enjoy the flight. This doesn't really help because well - one might not be aboard.

I feel I am at times making my own theology to explain my deficient christian experience.

Is becoming a christian like boarding a plane, and is the christian life like relaxing and enjoying the flight?

So I don't know really am I a christian, or not, sometimes I feel I am, but feelings don't really answer the problem entirely because one can feel false sense of assurance too.

It could be my theology thats the problem, it could be that christians themselves disagree a bit on these issues.

I just feel even a christian (if I am one) very fragmented, or something.

If one's assurance comes merely from believing oneself to be a christian, isn't that dangerous?

You need to add to your conversion a definite time place and physical experience, which God has provided for you. You talk about being “Born again”, which comes from Nicodemus encounter with Christ:

Being “born again” is what Jesus told Nicodemus he need to do. This requires some thinking, because Jesus does not address the questions or comments that are verbalized, but directs his comments to the persons next step in their personal spiritual development (what is on their heart spiritually). Jesus is not making some general philosophical statement (like Buddha might make) but is always addressing the audience He is talking to. We have to get into the context.

What did Nicodemus need to do next in his spiritual development?

What does Nicodemus need to be doing next? (study the Old Testament, become one of the followers of Jesus right then and there, Confess, repent, etc.)

The first thing Nicodemus might do at least is what he already knows he should do? Is that not where you would start? So what is that?

Since Nicodemus is still part of the Sanhedrin, he would not have been immersed baptized by John’s baptism. That would have got him thrown out of the Sanhedrin.

John’s baptism would have been a hot topic among the religious scholars, yet the answer was obvious and they all know it (remember Jesus using it against them and causing them to quit asking him questions?)

Jesus is not going to blare the answer out to Nicodemus, since Nicodemus knows the answer, but he will make Nicodemus think about it hard, since it would already be on his mind.

Christian water baptism as seen in scripture: Is always adult (there are only two examples that “might include infants” but nothing definite, all the others are adult believers) water immersion to be a physical outward representation of what had or is happening spiritually in the person being baptized. It is mainly to help the individual being baptized to better grasp what is going on, but it can “witness” to others observing the baptism. It has the elements of going down under the water (burying the old man), placing your dependence in another; the person baptizing you (surrendering your life to God), being washed (having your sins washed away), rising out of the water (rising from the dead), and stepping forth out onto the earth (a new person). The person is walking out into the hugs of his new family. It is also a sign of your humility, since it is a humbling act anyone can simple allow someone to do it to them (so not a work) and since humility has been shown in the accept of charity (God’s free gift of undeserving forgiveness) it should just support and add to the memory of that acceptance. To refuse Christian water baptism when it is readily available might mean you are not ready to handle other responsibility like having the indwelling Holy Spirit.

The Western “Christian” Churches are all over the board, but other countries experiencing sever persecution of Christians (Underground churches: China, Southeast Asia, some of India, Iran) are for as far as I can see consistently requiring adult believer immersion baptism. These churches are growing rapidly (estimated at 100 million in China).

Is the real problem with humility, since adult water baptism is a humbling act?

Is the problem with “witnessing” since baptism help other Christians remember what they went through?

The whole “argument” about the “one” baptism having to be “spiritual baptism” so we do not need to (or even shouldn’t) be water immersed is not supported by scriptural examples, since everyone that was “baptized” by the Holy Spirit seems to have also been water baptized.

In an effort to emphasis God’s unconditional (salvation), water baptism of believers has been avoided as a subject. People have “argued” that water baptism is a work and since “works” are not required for salvation, water baptism must be avoided. Most “Christian” religious groups “allow” immersion of believers if they want it.

The problem with this reasoning is adult believer immersion is not something you “do” (work), but is something you allow to be done to you. It is not something “done” as some requirement, but is something you get to do for your sake (to help you) and the sake of others.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have Pascal's book (or anthology of his writting) so I had read of his dramatic conversion - I don't think most have an experience like that.
You are right about that. For some of us it was a significant moment when our salvation began, but I have known Christians that have been surprised to find they are believers after a period of time. (The latter remind me of a woman suddenly realizing she is pregnant: in exploring Christianity over a period of time, they suddenly realize "Oh my, I believe this!" similar to "Oh my, I'm pregnant!") God is very richly creative in how he reconciles people to himself.
Part of my difficulty is fitting into a church, I don't find this easy - others do and it seems to progress simply for them.
If yo udon't mind me asking, what do you mean when you write you don't fit in?
But I keep seeing something in regard to "salvation" in the replies. Its past-tense - saved...I think what can happen is one gets too abstract and theological, trying to reestablish a connection intellectually.
Two things:
  • The language of the scriptures makes it clear salvation is something that has a beginning, continues to the current moment, and is completed in the future. So in speaking of it only in the past tense, we do not fully express it well. Such is the nature of the English language.
  • Theology is simply what a person knows about God, so I am not sure what you mean by "too theological."

Hope this helps...or is at least thought provoking. :)

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My difficulty is that I don't quite trust everyone who says they are christian and can explain these things to me. Thats probably a fault of mine, but I think its also my experiences with some christians. I am inclined to try and figure it out on my own with the Bible and a commentary. I don't really know that that is the best way. but that seems to be were I am at.

I would not mind discussing this quote from Francis Schaeffer :

"Before a man is ready to become a christian, he must have proper understanding of truth, whether he has fully analysed his concept of truth or not. All people, whether they realise it or not, function in the framework of some concept of truth. Our concept of truth will radically affect our understanding of what it means to become a Christian. We are concerned at this point, not with the content of truth, so much as with the concept of what truth is."

I am not quite sure what my concept of truth is.

What do you think of what Schaeffer says here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Being “born again” is what Jesus told Nicodemus he need to do. This requires some thinking, because Jesus does not address the questions or comments that are verbalized, but directs his comments to the persons next step in their personal spiritual development (what is on their heart spiritually). Jesus is not making some general philosophical statement (like Buddha might make) but is always addressing the audience He is talking to. We have to get into the context.

Where are you getting all this? Is this your thinking?

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My difficulty is that I don't quite trust everyone who says they are christian and can explain these things to me. Thats probably a fault of mine, but I think its also my experiences with some christians. I am inclined to try and figure it out on my own with the Bible and a commentary. I don't really know that that is the best way. but that seems to be were I am at.
I think there are some people who seem to be hyper-evaluative. I am one. It can be good or bad; a gift or a fault. When I was younger it fed my arrogance and my competitive desire to prove others wrong. Now that I am older, I think God has graciously helped me use it for more building up than tearing down.

"Before a man is ready to become a christian, he must have proper understanding of truth, whether he has fully analysed his concept of truth or not. All people, whether they realise it or not, function in the framework of some concept of truth. Our concept of truth will radically affect our understanding of what it means to become a Christian. We are concerned at this point, not with the content of truth, so much as with the concept of what truth is."

I respect Schaeffer due to what I have read of his. My reading is quite stale, though. (I read him when I was in my twenties.) I am not sure what he means by "proper understanding of truth". Because of scripture accounts of salvation and having known too many people who have all the signs of true faith before they grasped much of the Gospel, I'd have to disagree with Schaeffer if by "proper understanding of truth" he means that a person needs to intellectually grasp Gospel concepts to a great degree "before a man is ready to become a Christian." I would agree that to continue the process of salvation, a growing understanding of the Gospel is necessary.

For what it is worth, I have a fairly unsophisticated view of Truth. Truth is simply what is real. Of course this presupposes things exist independent of, and unaffected by, me. To the degree I clearly see such things, I know Truth. To the degree I am convinced of things that are not real, I am insane. God's name, "I am", is a profound statement of his self-existence. Therefore, it makes perfect sense for Jesus, being God, to state "I am the truth..."

Sorry if this is a bit esoteric.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

What do you think of what Schaeffer says here?

Hi,

1.) Everyone has the problem of not taking everything that a "Christian" says as correct, because so many of them are wrong about some of the things they say.

2.) Reading Proverbs and the Bible for content, using two tests, one is did God say or have it said, and the second one is to stick to simple items that hopefully you can't get wrong, then, when I did that work years ago, this Shaeffer like item came out. It is like his truth statement.

As much honesty as one can practice and employ, it is not until this is certain in a person as a lifelong commitment, that one is given knowledge of God, on a deep level.

For some reason or another, personal honesty was impotant to me. It has cost me jobs. It has also resulted in my being very valuable, to certain groups in solving their problems that no one else seemed able to solve.

One day, I choose to give up teasing others in all forms. White lies, already I was good at not doing. I also comitted to not telling them ever, but in this instance, that became more pronounced and more firm.

Prior to this, I was probably the most honest always and to everyone, to the point of near perfection. The slips were few, and quickly admitted to, normally within an hour or so.

Wow, was I honest in all ways, and was I pleased with that? Yes. I was not pleased about the occasional slips. Everyone was fairly stunned, how I could talk to anybody about any topic, without saying anything offensive or being offensive, even with topics that normally are illegal at work.

Remember please that I was very pleased with my present state of honesty always, before giving up teasing and white lies in all their forms.

Week one went fine with giving up teasing. I failed often, is all.

Week two was fine also and I was getting better at it.

Before I go on, do not try this without help and coaching, as this created a huge problem for others. Eventually under pressure and counsel, I relented and started again, teasing.

Argh! I hated, didn't like starting again. Even my priest got involved. Finally everyone was pleased again. The gains, having the ability to easily solve more complex problems than before, I did not want to give up. So, I always didn't like caving in to that pressure.

Time passed, and everyone I knew went at me again, asking me to please not do this again, after I told them that I was going to try and do this again. At the time of the telling, I was rapidly approaching being good again at not, "teasing" "which is really, telling a lie to tell an uncomfortable or a secret truth to a person who knows how to retranslate the lie to the truth that was meant in the first place"

The first time, I did this, it took about three weeks before I realized what a tease was. "It is a lie to tell a truth"

So, that first time, in a rather Shaeffer like way, I learned just how many times, This "Highly honest" person actually lied during a day by that measure. It was in the hundreds of times a day, for my rather public life.

I was mortified, My impressions of myself were shattered.

The other and very dangerous problem, money wise, is that in about four weeks time, I could not understand what other people were saying to me easily. At, the three week point, I was still able to translate their teases, fast enough to know what they meant to say. By week five, it was impossible.

Even the News stations were gibberish to me, if they talked at their normal speed. Eventually, this reseacher had enough data, and it is only then that a researcher can discuss his/her findings. If I told people earlier what I was doing, it may have chaged the results.

It seems as soon as I disclosed the experiment that i was running, everyone said to themselves, "Oh! That explains her rather bizarre behaviors" And judging by the outcries, "and you will end this experiment, NOW! It's making you seem to be very bizarre to all of us. Stop!"

I resisted. They eventually won, but I had the results. And, later I was asked by my Boss to do this on purpose. I checked. It was a Formal request. So, I did it expecting lots of things to go wrong again. Nothing did, even after the more than three weeks it took, to become proficient in not teasing, nor telling any white lies ever.

I did, not notice though the new job I was on, that it was the reason for this request. Ten months or so passed, I was given one of my Bosses High Ranking Employes to hang out with one day, I like this guy so we worked together but had fun all day,,,,,teasing also,,,,,. I do take directions from, this person, as though they come from my Boss.

I took that day, as a request from my Boss, to start teasing again. Stumped, as I was never told why I was asked to start again not teasing, nor why I was told to start again, I looked and looked tryimg to figure this all out.

Oh! I was working for ten months with a huge variation of people, in backgrounds, educations, temperments, soicioeconomic conditions and countries of origin, for those ten months. As a result of giving up on teasing, everyone understood me all of the time. And, that was important for them.

Now, getting bach to Schaeffer and his words on thruth, I can tease now occasionally. I still don't like it, but occasionally it is the only communication style that will work with certain individuals. Now, I turn it off, so my understandings of all things is greater, and only turn it on again, when I have to, or am too lazy, or dishonest to say the actual uncoded truth to everyone all of the time.

Schaeffer, may have know what I learned, it is only when a person tells, no kind of lies ever, that they can see the actual truth better, in all things.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For what it is worth, I have a fairly unsophisticated view of Truth. Truth is simply what is real. Of course this presupposes things exist independent of, and unaffected by, me. To the degree I clearly see such things, I know Truth. To the degree I am convinced of things that are not real, I am insane. God's name, "I am", is a profound statement of his self-existence. Therefore, it makes perfect sense for Jesus, being God, to state :I am the truth..."

I suppose it does to a christian, or someone raised in a christian home.

Its probably a well worn discussion but then so are a lot of the other ones. And this is one that I haven't seen much recently. Its funny how some think Schaeffer was making things complicated by talking about this. I'd agree a lot of people (christians) myself included never had perhaps heard or seen or read many of the films, singers, painters, writters etc he discussed. But its seems thousands or perhaps millions of others had, and so he had to find a way to communicate with them. In the end young people went to speak to him (he opened his house), cause most other christians didn't understand them. In many of these films (I have watched one or two to see what he was talking about) they are quite difficult to understand , I even wonder did schaeffer understand them. There is sometimes no clear line between reality and fantasy, or they depict people in despair going about their lives.

"Truth is what is real" I'd say is fine, and your explanation. I don't mean to make it complicated. It always seems like I am when I ask about this, for someone says something like "Look to me its simple..." I guess it is.

Schaeffer thinks people ( of different generations) think differently in their logic than previous generations, and I'd agree.

I talk to ministers sometimes and they are like "yeah, I got loads of Schaeffers books" - it comes over to me like they don't think any of it is important.

Anyway some want to discuss Luther, Calvin etc. and thats fine. I think it should be fine to mention influencial writters from more recent times too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

1.) Everyone has the problem of not taking everything that a "Christian" says as correct, because so many of them are wrong about some of the things they say.

2.) Reading Proverbs and the Bible for content, using two tests, one is did God say or have it said, and the second one is to stick to simple items that hopefully you can't get wrong, then, when I did that work years ago, this Shaeffer like item came out. It is like his truth statement.

Hi,

If you mean one of his books, then yes that is what I think they are, or could be called, his truth statement. Or do you mean it was a book whose author you are not sure of, which read a lot like what Schaeffer says in his?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Yes, that is what it is.

I need to be honest I have read you profile comment and it doesn't make much sense. But it depends on who you mean by "His spokesperson: Gabriel"?

And why do you say "you are Mary, according to the Lord?" Did the Lord tell you to change your name?

Hi,

So one day, someone is approaching me from far away. This is in preparation for something called The Three O'clock Divine Mercy Hour.

Normally, I am not allowed to say that. I asked though, and it is allowed for you.

The time is between 2:30 and 3:00. Since I did not know who or what was approaching me, and I have much civilian combat experience, I became afraid until I knew who it was. It was God The Father, Whom, I had interfaced with for several years by then. I even knew His, and Jesus's and The Holy Spirit's personal speaking voices by this time.

Never has He approached me like this. I was extremely pleased and quite comfortable, once I knew it was Him. The fact that He came in full Colors and full Glory, plus was above a layer of clouds, with the lower layer pushed asside, meant nothing really. I was already surprised by this entrace style, compared to the last time I saw all three of them. (In Energy or Essence Form). He has talked to me personally. So has His Son. Even The Holy Spirit Has, but His Voice is the hardest to feel or hear His personality in.

So, when God The Father is now, above me and above my dining room ceiling possibly, time passes. All presences stop, or are silent. All noises stop or are silent. There is on entity here and one only.

I am totally involved, and wondering what is going on. A little time passes after God The Father stops, above me. His Colors are flashing in that thin layer from Him above that thinner set of clouds.

Then this guy, this thing, pops up in the burm, on the upoer left of the rolled up section of lower thicker clouds. I see him. I sense him. I am upset. My internal thoughts were:"Who is that. What is that." I got an age, but no more information. "He shouldn't be here. This is about Him, meaning God The Father, and me. What is he doing here."

I later asked who that was, after this was all over. That was Gabriel. Wow, did I feel bad. I was really upset then, at anyone being near God The Father and me.

Later I would ask another question, Why, God The Father, did You keep disapearing on day one and day two? God The Father: "You were going to pass out."

Looking back, I was concentrating on my answer and hoping, He could not read my internal thoughts as I tried to figure out, my required no, or my yes to Him. I was sinking and heading for the floor on day one and day two also.
Back to who I was later told was Gabriel. He started to speak, instantly I knew that was not God The Father's personal voice. Internally, I am upset and saying things, likw why is he speaking to me? He should not be talking.
When all of my internal objections were over, he was still talking. I listened. When the final word was spoken, I cannot remember who or what was speaking after that. I think Gabriel said all the words that were spoken to me later, but I am not sure, as it is not everyday someone is asked that question.

On the first of three days of this, with that confusion of Who or who is talking after the word 'me' is spoken to me, When God The Father abruptly left me before I wanted Him to, He Said, or had these Words Said to me: "I would not have asked you the question if you were not up to it." Up to What? What? I had no idea what He meant, and I felt and Saw Him For the first time in His departure. What? Up to What?

I was still clueless. A Holy Silence existed. The next day came. I think Gabiel spoke. I still had no answer. It eas Gabriel. I remember now.

Day three came. I was prepared. This is the last time I will be asked this question. As soon as Gabriel started to speak, I had zero ideas of what I was going to say. He spoke on, a no popped into my consciousness. Internally I am yalking in response to that no. "What was that? That haf no conviction. I Don't Know What I am going to say." That really worried me. This was day 3. Gabriel was still speaking, and I had no idea what I was going to say.

Well, trusting, I did say a very certain YES! after Gabriel finished.

Is that what you meant, to be cleared up, with the Gabiel Statement in my profile page?

And yes, I was told this year of the name The Lord calls me by. I was also told the reason He uses that name for me.

I changed my name based on that information.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is this faith? Faith that God exists? That he is triune? That he is favorably disposed towards me?

Romans 10:8-13. Not may be, SHALL be.

That old sinful nature tries to create doubt, to drag down all of us, even after the Holy Spirit enters in.

Prayer, Bible study, prayer, Christian friends, prayer .... when doubt rears its ugly head, thank God that He is NOT the author of doubt.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
. Not may be, SHALL be.

That old sinful nature tries to create doubt, to drag down all of us, even after the Holy Spirit enters in.

Some threads on these forums do that. For instance I feel at times I am coming close to really being sure Jesus rose from the dead. I wish I could help people, but they want evidence. And I am not sure what sort of evidence would convince them? It has been presented on these forums (and they can search them too) but they keep asking even after its presented, so I don't know. It seems to me for I can say I have been as resistant as any, and had to keep examining myself, and ask myself why I wasn't accepting what the Bible writters said, is it to do with poor quality evidence, or is it to do with me. If they do that then maybe they can make progress, otherwise I don't know why they are on this site. Just being honest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

So one day, someone is approaching me from far away. This is in preparation for something called The Three O'clock Divine Mercy Hour.

Normally, I am not allowed to say that. I asked though, and it is allowed for you.

Sorry I deleted that question, cause well I thought what business is it of mine asking on a forum, and I wasn't sure what you meant in any case, and in fact think I misunderstood reading it a couple of times.[/quote]

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some threads on these forums do that. For instance I feel at times I am coming close to really being sure Jesus rose from the dead. I wish I could help people, but they want evidence. And I am not sure what sort of evidence would convince them? It has been presented on these forums (and they can search them too) but they keep asking even after its presented, so I don't know. It seems to me for I can say I have been as resistant as any, and had to keep examining myself, and ask myself why I wasn't accepting what the Bible writters said, is it to do with poor quality evidence, or is it to do with me. If they do that then maybe they can make progress, otherwise I don't know why they are on this site. Just being honest.

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He has all the answers to whatever you need to know. That old doubtful nature tries to block that.

Our Lord bless you and keep you, make His Face to shine upon you, and give you peace.

(Look up my posts using the search function).

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Sorry I deleted that question, cause well I thought what business is it of mine asking on a forum, and I wasn't sure what you meant in any case, and in fact think I misunderstood reading it a couple of times.
[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I did not mind you asking that, for the circumstances that you find yourself in now. What would I be, if a question was asked of me, for which I knew the answer and witheld that from you or anyone?

By spokesperson, I meant God The Father, did not ask me, using His Personal Speaking Voice. Rather it was someone else, who asked me that question.

My profile page is there for me to be open, about who and what I am.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, trusting, I did say a very certain YES! after Gabriel finished.

Is that what you meant, to be cleared up, with the Gabiel Statement in my profile page?

Yes, that was what I wasn't sure about. Sorry I don't understand it really, who was this 'Gabriel', are you sure what he said was right, or that he was God's spokesperson?

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Yes, that was what I wasn't sure about. Sorry I don't understand it really, who was this 'Gabriel', are you sure what he said was right, or that he was God's spokesperson?

Hi,

I am Commanded to believe it is Gabriel by The Holy Spirit. When, I spoke up to a priest one day about this event, I was commanded to get a Spiritual Director to check out, my statements.

An old priest by the name of Father Matt spoke up. "I'd like that job." I was hoping he would. All the other priests that were present were silent.

He did his part. I did my part. I reported in. He, commented and scared me, with what appeared to be a confirmation. I stopped him with, wait, wait there is more. When I finished, he is looking sideways and not at me. "I do this for a living. This is The Holy Spirit."

The question that was put to him was, all that you have heard and more, "Is this God?"

I wanted to know if I had gotten anything wrong. He set up a condition to test this. In thirty days, something very difficult had to happen.

On the last day possible, the27th day, for I was on a semi, long haul back in 2008, for the next three days or so, taking driving lessons, but pulling 1300 miles or so on my own, the answer came.

There was no way, that I knew if the answer was yes or no then, as I had a perception problem. The priest had none. Six years later, it took me another six years, to understand why that priest was totally correct.

It is by testing also, that what you have been told, is in fact correct. Even the Psych boys and girls tell me, that I in fact have no Pathologies, meaning I am not nuts, nor delusional.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0