Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I learned to love with not only my heart but with my brain as well after I had a painful break up a couple of years ago. I never tried to go out with girls who drink nor smoke nor curse. It's not that I condemn them (in fact I have a lot of friends who aren't saved), but I try to walk a Christian life.

But I recently developed this strong freaking feelings for this woman at church who is 9 years older than me. It's annoying because I have a million reasons not to ask her out, but I'm having a hard time killing these feelings.

I think its a great idea that you have decided to not pursue those girls who smoke, drink and curse. Very good idea. Light and darkness have nothing in common. They will only end up pulling you down with them if you go into it.

In regards to the age thing, and this is my own opinion and what I feel. First, I dont think it will work between you and this person if you go ahead with it. You don't have to take what I say but I'd still give my opinion anyway.

You are, I assume, 20yrs old or 21, and shes about 29 or 30. All the men in the Bible, I have not read of any one of them (if it happened, it wasn't written) marrying an older woman. Most of them have married someone around their age or younger.

Society is fine with a younger man marrying an older woman but there are many issues that arises from it eventually. Women age faster than men. There comes a time when women find it difficult to carry pregnancy through or even conceive.

To me, 9 yrs is big deal. Also seeing you are probably only 20 or 21 that's a very young age to be considering getting together with a woman 9yrs older than you. Emotional maturity you probably dont have much of it right now.

Women tend to have more baggage than men. Hey stick with your own age or younger I would advise, and if at all you want to go for someone older, let it be no more than 2 or 3 yrs.

My opinion!

Upvote 0