Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Using the present state as the basis for tectonic activity and earthquakes has failed. They can't predict quakes because they do not understand reality. Some false prophets were jailed.

"
Six Italian scientists and an ex-government official have been sentenced to six years in prison over the 2009 deadly earthquake in L'Aquila.
A regional court found them guilty of multiple manslaughter.
Prosecutors said the defendants gave a falsely reassuring statement before the quake, while the defence maintained there was no way to predict major quakes."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20025626

Anyone she a tear?

It's about time someone exposed the fraud!

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the link:
Prosecutors said the defendants gave a falsely reassuring statement before the quake, while the defence maintained there was no way to predict major quakes.
If there's no way to predict major quakes, why did they give a reassuring statement?
The seven - all members of the National Commission for the Forecast and Prevention of Major Risks - were accused of having provided "inaccurate, incomplete and contradictory" information about the danger of the tremors felt ahead of 6 April 2009 quake, Italian media report.
Nothing like a false label, is there?

Seven scientists, working for an outfit called the National Commission for the Forecast and Prevention of Major Risks, and what does their defense team say?

"There was no way to predict a major quake."

It looks like Italy doesn't buy their No True Scotsman bologna ... go Italy!

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From the link:
If there's no way to predict major quakes, why did they give a reassuring statement?
Makes one wonder, if there is no way to say what the claimed first lifeform was, why preach it as virtual fact?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"This is despite the fact that the report quite clearly said that "earthquakes were unpredictable, and that building codes in the area needed to be adjusted to provide better seismic safety."

Funny, they must have said something more to help lure people to their deaths and get convicted! So called science folks think they can mouth off with impunity, as sort of the world religion. Obviously they are like the wise men in Daniel's day. They just didn't really know but liked to pretend they did for pay and benefits. Same old same old. The king finally got fed up, and put out the word to get rid of them.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Using the present state as the basis for tectonic activity and earthquakes has failed. They can't predict quakes because they do not understand reality. Some false prophets were jailed.

"
Six Italian scientists and an ex-government official have been sentenced to six years in prison over the 2009 deadly earthquake in L'Aquila.
Prosecutors said the defendants gave a falsely reassuring statement before the quake, while the defence maintained there was no way to predict major quakes."
BBC News - L'Aquila quake: Italy scientists guilty of manslaughter

Anyone she a tear?

From the link:
Nothing like a false label, is there?

Seven scientists, working for an outfit called the National Commission for the Forecast and Prevention of Major Risks, and what does their defense team say?

"There was no way to predict a major quake."

It looks like Italy doesn't buy their No True Scotsman bologna ... go Italy!

You and dad are right... they should have quoted scripture instead! Or maybe use dadology to predict the earthquake.... does that work dad?

So called science folks think they can mouth off with impunity, as sort of the world religion.
Gee... I thought that (according to you guys) science is a religion... make up your minds please.

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Funny, they must have said something more to help lure people to their deaths and get convicted! So called science folks think they can mouth off with impunity, as sort of the world religion. Obviously they are like the wise men in Daniel's day. They just didn't really know but liked to pretend they did for pay and benefits. Same old same old. The king finally got fed up, and put out the word to get rid of them.
"Must have"? Then by all means find that and present it here.

You're quite clearly feeling good about this. I'm not sure what term would apply to what you're doing, incitement or provocation, but I'll settle with mentioning them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

"

Anyone she a tear?

By the way, dad... what does "old earth based" science have to do with predicting earthquakes, anyway?? Another non sequiter, perhaps?

Upvote 0

Styx87

Everyone pays the Ferryman.
Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is stupid. This is like getting struck my lightning and then suing the weather station because meteorologists failed to predict the exact moment of the discharge of that specific lightning bolt.

Or like if a drunk driver runs over someone crossing the street so their family sues traffic light manufacturers or air bag designers because they can't prevent vehicle accidents related to drunkenness.

Or if you got food poisoning so you sue the cattle farmer for breeding cattle who yield meat susceptible to being contaminated with botchalism.

This whole argument is stupid and I have to question the bias of the prosecution in this case.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This is stupid. This is like getting struck my lightning and then suing the weather station because meteorologists failed to predict the exact moment of the discharge of that specific lightning bolt.

Or like if a drunk driver runs over someone crossing the street so their family sues traffic light manufacturers or air bag designers because they can't prevent vehicle accidents related to drunkenness.

Or if you got food poisoning so you sue the cattle farmer for breeding cattle who yield meat susceptible to being contaminated with botchalism.

This whole argument is stupid and I have to question the bias of the prosecution in this case.

The one who erred was the politician who told people there was nothing to worry about. Why the scientists were ensnared with him is beyond me. Guilt by association, I suppose...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why don't you read the article and get both sides of the coin first?

Was lightning already striking in the vicinity? then, in spite of that, was the person struck told he would not be struck if he went ahead as normal?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The one who erred was the politician who told people there was nothing to worry about. Why the scientists were ensnared with him is beyond me. Guilt by association, I suppose...
And where did the politician get his information?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why don't you read the article and get both sides of the coin first?

Was lightning already striking in the vicinity? then, in spite of that, was the person struck told he would not be struck if he went ahead as normal?

I did read it, and I think these scientists are to blame, they should not say it was "safe", there is no way to predict that. Now, my question to you, are you going to use this to prove how much science sucks like you often do with thalidomide and the Challenger?

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And where did the politician get his information?

Not from what the scientists wrote. They wrote that a major quake was unlikely not impossible. They also said there was no way to make a prediction that the minor quakes would or would not lead to a major quake in this case. Now there seemed to be a goal of reassuring the public after proclamations of empending doom from this other scientist, whose predictions were not accurate either, which lead to the use of the term "safe."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

"

Anyone she a tear?

Good ole "dad", leading the inquisition. I'd expect nothing less.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Good ole "dad", leading the inquisition. I'd expect nothing less.

I say we put all them thar "old age based prophets" in prison and teach dadology instead of science. The earth is hollow, the stars are the size of basketballs, and firmament is holding the sky up. :amen:

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I say we put all them thar "old age based prophets" in prison and teach dadology instead of science. The earth is hollow, the stars are the size of basketballs, and firmament is holding the sky up. :amen:

Hallelujah! Can I get an Amen!:bow:

Upvote 0