1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma Twisters happening now!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by MagicSabbath, May 31, 2013.

1. MagicSabbath

MagicSabbath Here For The Ride

Faith:
    Protestant

[​IMG]

By Associated Press, Updated: Friday, May 31, 9:59 PM

OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a mother and child were killed as tornadoes moved through Oklahoma City.
    Highway Patrol Trooper Betsy Randolph says troopers found the bodies in a vehicle along Intersate 40 west of the city Friday.

Tornadoes slammed Oklahoma City and its suburbs, crumbling cars and tractor-trailers. (Article)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNOaEPKV32s&feature=player_embedded
    Published on May 31, 2013

A tornado emergency was declared for Oklahoma City on Friday as a large twister touched down, destroyed a Weather Channel vehicle and made a beeline for Oklahoma's largest city, where authorities pleaded with residents to seek shelter immediately.

Severe weather warnings expected for Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama, Texas and even western Pennsylvania.

2. Ash8676

Ash8676 Seeker of Answers To Life Angels Team

Faith:
    Christian
    Have friends that live in Oklahoma, hoping and praying that my friends are safe and so are their families. Some much tragedy and so sad about the loss of lots of lives. Also, have friends in the other states affected, praying they and their families are safe too.
    Praying that the storms calm and they stop, that no one else has to get hurt or pass on, due to the storms.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  3. MagicSabbath

Faith:
    Protestant
    I hope you have blessed news that your friends are all OK after the storms pass.

4. Ash8676

Ash8676 Seeker of Answers To Life Angels Team

Faith:
    Christian
    Heard from one friend, her and her family are okay, they live near OK city. Have yet to get any answer from my other friend and her kids, if they are okay, plus her family that all live in the Tulsa area.

5. Maren

Maren Veteran

Faith:
    Seeker
    I'm still waiting to hear from Pat Robertson about how God is sending these tornadoes to Oklahoma to punish all those evil Okies.

6. Marius27

Marius27 Newbie

Faith:
    Messianic
    We already have posters here claiming it was God's judgement on a gay pride parade.

7. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

Faith:
    Atheist
    I just had imagery of a gay guy going "guilty!" as he was swept away by a twister.

8. MagicSabbath

Faith:
    Protestant
    Good news in part at least. :hug: My very best wishes that your other friend and her children will be in touch soon and all is well with them too.

This was posted after the first Oklahoma tornado however, it's still a helpful resource today given the twisters that tore through just yesterday. I suppose it's too soon for survivor lists to have come out so people can conduct a search by name for their loved one's.

How to help Oklahoma tornado victims, shelter info