benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I turned on the news and Ike's projected path takes him to us!

Oh lord, i can't take another evacuation with these kids in the car fighting with each other for 15 hours there and 15 hours back. I swear I'm going to snap and put em out on the side of the road if I have to go through this again.

Not to mention I'm out 1700$ from Gustav. Oh lord have mercy. :crossrc:

johnnyfrey12

Feb 12, 2007
Kingsland, GA
✟15,334.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I turned on the news and Ike's projected path takes him to us!

Oh lord, i can't take another evacuation with these kids in the car fighting with each other for 15 hours there and 15 hours back. I swear I'm going to snap and put em out on the side of the road if I have to go through this again.

:crossrc: I feel for ya man. We weren't sure if we were going to have to evacuate due to TS Hanna or not. We lucked out and it blew past us here in SE Georgia. I'm originally from Minnesota ya know I'm not used to dealing with Hurricanes, this is crazy.

Upvote 0

Mom2Alex

In Christ
Jul 19, 2008
+Diocese of Buffalo, NY
Visit site
✟9,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I will include your intention in my prayers. :crossrc: It is my prayer that your family is safe, your home spared, your sanity remains intact and the financial burden of this storm will not be more than you can bear.

Perhaps the kids would do a bit better if you lost it BEFORE you had to leave rather than when you were on your way. Seems to work for us - if they are afraid Mom's head will explode in the car - the reminders while traveling don't need to be quite so noticeable. Then they can look at one another and give the -look- like 'Mom doesn't look so good' ;)

Kelly

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I will include your intention in my prayers. :crossrc: It is my prayer that your family is safe, your home spared, your sanity remains intact and the financial burden of this storm will not be more than you can bear.

Perhaps the kids would do a bit better if you lost it BEFORE you had to leave rather than when you were on your way. Seems to work for us - if they are afraid Mom's head will explode in the car - the reminders while traveling don't need to be quite so noticeable. Then they can look at one another and give the -look- like 'Mom doesn't look so good' ;)

Kelly

I blow up before during and after. It seems to have no effect. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Take Aleve...
And o, one of those cd players...with earplugs. :D:D FOR you.

If you have one of those portable tv's that might make a difference. ;)
Or portable dvd players.

I hope the storm dwindles and passes tho. :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh man! :hug: :hug: :hug: I hate these hurricane storms that keep hitting your coast line. Lord keep you and your family and all of your state's people safe along with the other states people safe and sound.

I've been praying for the last week or so for Louisiana and Texas and Alabama and even Florida and Mississippi. I can't wait for the hurricane season to end, which will be in about 2 months. (that is what the newscaster said anyway).

Hubby and I have family in Lake Charleston, Louisiana. Please keep them in your prayers.

:hug:

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh man! :hug: :hug: :hug: I hate these hurricane storms that keep hitting your coast line. Lord keep you and your family and all of your state's people safe along with the other states people safe and sound.

I've been praying for the last week or so for Louisiana and Texas and Alabama and even Florida and Mississippi. I can't wait for the hurricane season to end, which will be in about 2 months. (that is what the newscaster said anyway).

Hubby and I have family in Lake Charleston, Louisiana. Please keep them in your prayers.

:hug:

You mean Lake Charles? I don't think there's a Lake Charleston but I don't really know.

Lake Charles was hit hard by Rita and they lucked out that Gustav missed them. Ike looks like it may go to them though.

I know all this sucks and the news isn't all over it this time but Fema is screwing ppl again. First they said they would reimburse ppl who evacuated now they are saying too bad.

We had saved money for this learning our lesson from Katrina but I don't know how they expect ppl to have money like that to just leave town at a moments notice and stay out for over a week. For a large family it costs a couple of thousand.

But Fema took those who evacuated on buses to shelters and brought them right in the path of the storm. They were with out power and food/water/supplies for days and I think they're still waiting to come back.

Of course there were fights in the shelters over what ever supplies that were brought in and as usual the Red Cross took their sweet time responding.

I'm telling everyone maybe for the war the Red Cross is good, I don't know but for disasters they totally suck, they do not help ppl like they claim they do. I would think before donating money to them. I have no idea what they spend it on. I read somewhere that the 911 ppl had to sue them in order to receive the money that was donated for them.

Anyway. After this fiasco that the news is saying went well, no one will be getting on their buses and leaving for shelters again and no one will be evacuating on their own. That's what everyone is saying around here. They are fed up and they're saying the hurricane can just take em away.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.